Facebook acquired Oculus Rift for $2 billion

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony has $151 billion in assets, that's more than Microsoft and Google. Facebook isn't even close to any of those three and damn sure can't buy it. I swear, dudes underestimate how big of a company Sony really is (which is part of their ongoing financial problems, but that's another story)

Word how much do they have in liabilities then? Sony isn't worth anywhere near 151 Billion. Not sure where you got that from.

http://www.forbes.com/companies/sony/

http://www.forbes.com/companies/facebook/

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
It's still limited in the gaming space. You see Facebook plans to take it well beyond gaming. That's how they'll really make money IF it catches on.

Uh, didn't I say VR's reach would extend beyond gaming?

You were just so hard pressed to find faults in what is clearly a hot piece of tech :yeshrug:

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
The big takeaway is Kickstarter is the greatest come-up in terms of raising a seed round of funds where you owe 0% of equity to your first funders.

Oculus, Zach Braff, etc. eatin' real good off the common people's fandom. Millionaires asking 50k/year folks for funds and these people hand them their money like it's nothing.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The big takeaway is Kickstarter is the greatest come-up in terms of raising a seed round of funds where you owe 0% of equity to your first funders.

Oculus, Zach Braff, etc. eatin' real good off the common people's fandom. Millionaires asking 50k/year folks for funds and these people hand them their money like it's nothing.

Yeah, this is a bad look for kickstarters.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Creator of Minecraft wants no part of this.
ijgj47ux9a6.png

Kinda wanna agree. After these motherfukkers changed my acct settings and my shyt was public for almost a year, I fukk with facebook very little.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

Real shyt. I know another guy on another forum who was a heavy backer of this shyt, and dude is not fukking happy right now. I mean....goddamn. Not cool. FB doesn't owe those donors jack shyt, I'm assuming.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Uh, didn't I say VR's reach would extend beyond gaming?

You were just so hard pressed to find faults in what is clearly a hot piece of tech :yeshrug:

Hot piece of tech =/= successful piece of tech

If anything this acquisition makes the challenge more difficult.

Before OR could have sold just a couple million units and been very succesful. Now with $2b and Facbook behind them they have to sell a lot more.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:lupe:

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I never said Sony had that much money, I know they struggling. All I was saying is that all their assets (all the industries/companies/properties that fall under them) are worth a grip. And a company like FB can't blatantly buy a larger company like Sony. Microsoft, Google and Apple... more than likely, they all have crazy cash reserves, but not Facebook.

Anyway, this is going to probably turn into a stan war if I don't stop. Back to the subject.

*dead* @ reddit astroturfers