"Exclusives Are 'Completely Counter To What Gaming Is About "- Phil Spencer

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are not getting it at all.

What about people in rural areas who got shytty connection. You know what Xbox told them? "Get a 360" that really happened and it's on video and I'll link it when I find it.
here y’all go with the Rural areas shyt again. :mjlol:

That ain’t you and that ain’t most people. Those same people can’t do much gaming right now, but you ain’t defending them against digital only consoles and always online games.

In reality rural areas are much more likely to have access to the internet than to a GameStop. So in reality Xbox policies would have given them more rights and flexibility with their games.

You ain’t really worried about those people just reaching for some shyt to say :ufdup:

There's days where I might go and not turn on my console. There's days where the internet in my apartment might be shotty. That's true for most people. But it's not acceptable for Xbox.
In this scenario you would have still been able to play Xbox.

But all those always online games that you are just fine with wouldn’t work.

The poor rural community with no internet can’t even use the PS5 :mjlol:

My life doesn't revolve around my gaming console breh lmao. Being forced to do it is the biggest problem here.
Worry about being “forced” to do something you willingly do everyday brehs :mjlol:

The digital consoles have to be online yes duh. But you were being forced to originally turn them on and do daily check ins.
No you were not. Again you misunderstand what the policy actually was. The check was automatic. If you didn’t play for days it wouldn’t matter. You didn’t have to do anything but play as you normally would.

What if I go on vacation or I got shyt to do that day. "Aw sorry fam I'm gonna be late, I gotta check in with my Xbox before I can make that movie :troll:"
This dumb ass scenario is false and stems from your own ignorance as for what the policy actually was.

Breh what? How can you be defending that. Plus we're not even considering that it's much easier to get internet access nowadays than 10+ years ago. Online gaming has evolved so much and been adopted worldwide since then.
:ohhh: so they were ahead of the curve and trying to bridge the gap like I said.

There's proffessional E-sports teams making millions now for fukks sakes. It was different and a bigger barrier to entry a decade ago for alot of people.
People were making millions off of e-sports then. But I agree with your overall sentiment. Yes the internet and online gaming is a lot more prevalent now, which again only proves Microsoft was on the right track.

Imgaine if you could digitally share and access your physical games right now, never have to pull the disc out the box again and play/share it with any PlayStation in the world.

Or even sell your digital games
:ehh:

And yes it was absolutely mandatory when they revealed the Xbox one that you had to buy a kinect at the time. Why would it not have to be on when the Xbox gotta be turned on and check in once a day? You think they'll draw the line in the sands at the mandatory connect? :mjlol:
Once again lies and stan shyt.
Kinect never was mandatory to be connected to the system. That’s dumb shyt you made up:manny:

Nothing I've stated was wrong.

Pretty much everything you stated was wrong

I know it must be hard for you to believe. It was for everyone to believe which is why It caused such an uproar that they backtracked on every single one of those positions. If they focused more on games than petty and unnecessary bullshyt they would've had a much more productive generation. Maybe now they've changed their ways.
And then he closes with the Sony stan classic:ohlawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
tumblr_mpied3DB0Z1qj80alo1_500.gif

Do you know how to say: I was wrong, I'm sorry?!!?:birdman:
If I was wrong I would say it. :manny:

Daps
In reality rural areas are much more likely to have access to the internet than to a GameStop. So in reality Xbox policies would have given them more rights and flexibility with their games.

You ain’t really worried about those people just reaching for some shyt to say :ufdup:

Worry about being “forced” to do something you willingly do everyday brehs :mjlol:

Alright fam let's try this again.

Who's reaching more here?

Me saying that one of the biggest corporations in the world tried to fukk you over for some extra cash,

Or you saying that I'm a man with a full time job that plays video game every single day and that people living farther from civilization DONT have a more difficult time getting access to internet? Just take 5 -10 minutes to think about the position that you're getting at here.

As someone who used to live in a rural area it is actually harder to get internet than going to a GameStop (shocker! :picard:) . Idk what the fukk you were thinking with that. Who doesn't own a car if you live in the country. But many internet service providers actually don't fukk with people in the country and if you live in certain areas where it's just you and Noone else they don't care to give you access because it costs alot more to set all that up for one guy than they could for a whole area with more customers. Many cities nowadays come with an array of internet services and they also provide fiber optic connections for supreme speeds. So a digital only console doesn't benefit rural areas nearly as much as you incorrectly think. What's easier if I live in bum fukk nowhere? Driving to a gamestop once and picking up a console that takes games and going back every other month for a new game. Or constantly struggling with shytty connection speeds on my digital only console if my isp will even reach out to me out there.

I would also say in theory Xbox may have been ahead of the curve but the mandatory use is what I'm arguing here. It doesn't take a genius to realize adapting more online accessibilities is the future. But society was not there yet and forcing these decisions on consumers was wrong. That's why they still fukking sell physical hardware because that decision giving only one option was fukking stupid. If they were so far ahead and it was the ultimate answer then a decade later they wouldn't still be offering a console that takes disks. Duh.

Microsoft pulls a 180, reverses Xbox One always-on DRM and used games policy

"Microsoft backtracked Wednesday on its much-derided policy that would have required Xbox One gamers to connect their consoles to the Internet once a day to prevent game piracy.

Microsoft faced a huge backlash when it announced the policy, just before the E3 video game conference earlier this month. Then, the company said it would allow gamers to play offline for up to 24 hours on a primary console, or 1 hour if they were logged onto a separate console accessing their library of titles. At that point, offline gaming would have been disabled until players re-establish a Web connection."

What about this policy am I not understanding here? They would shut off your ability to literally play games if you didn't check in after 24 hours. Like a clingy girlfriend. I don't know if this is a troll or delusion or what's going on in your head. But there's nothing to be ashamed about by just saying your wrong when you learn new information. In fact, most people respect anyone who's willing to change their mind based on new information.

Microsoft’s Xbox One no longer requires Kinect to function

"Microsoft has delivered yet another stroke in their revamped policy campaign for their next-gen console by revealing that the Xbox One no longer requires the Kinect sensor to be operational in order to function.

Previously, Microsoft had maintained that the Xbox One and the Kinect went hand-in-hand and that they were reliant upon one another to work, yet this new update shows the company conforming to the wishes of the gaming sphere by molding the console to be more like Sony’s community-popular PlayStation 4."

I've literally got receipts for days here on how fukking stupid Microsoft was at that period of time. It's becoming abundantly clear you have no idea what their policies originally were.

You can just say alright I'm wrong and I had no idea what I'm talking about, they were being fukking stupid and now they're doing better. You don't owe anyone an apology here. But continuing to double down and argue this flaccid point that's been debunked a multitude of times is arrogant idiotic and just blatantly not in sync with reality.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Alright fam let's try this again.

Who's reaching more here?

Me saying that one of the biggest corporations in the world tried to fukk you over for some extra cash,

Or you saying that I'm a man with a full time job that plays video game every single day and that people living farther from civilization have a more difficult time getting access to internet? Just take 5 -10 minutes to think about the position that you're getting at here.
All corporations only exist to make cash. That’s not even the point of contention here.
What I said was that you were wrong with how you detailed the policy would work, and that there were plenty of consumer benefits that came with policy regardless of Microsoft’s money making aspirations. Ultimately the world has now moved on to those policies willingly without getting the benefits that would have come with Microsoft original policy.

As someone who used to live in a rural area it is actually harder to get internet than going to a GameStop (shocker! :picard:) . Idk what the fukk you were thinking with that. Who doesn't own a car if you live in the country. But many internet service providers actually don't fukk with people in the country and if you live in certain areas where it's just you and Noone else they don't care to give you access because it costs alot more to set all that up for one guy than they could for a whole area with more customers. Many cities nowadays come with an array of internet services and they also provide fiber optic connections for supreme speeds. So a digital only console doesn't benefit rural areas nearly as much as you incorrectly think. What's easier if I live in bum fukk nowhere? Driving to a gamestop once and picking up a console that takes games and going back every other month for a new game. Or constantly struggling with shytty connection speeds on my digital only console if my isp will even reach out to me out there.
Breh this is absolute nonsense. People in rural areas have the fukking internet. Stop it:stopitslime:

and if they don’t they can’t game in 2021 regardless of what Microsoft’s proposed policy’s were.

Again i don’t see you going to bat for those pour rural people now when they are locked out of next gen gaming

I would also say in theory Xbox may have been ahead of the curve but the mandatory use is what I'm arguing here. It doesn't take a genius to realize adapting more online accessibilities is the future. But society was not there yet and forcing these decisions on consumers was wrong. That's why they still fukking sell physical hardware because that decision giving only one option was fukking stupid. If they were so far ahead and it was the ultimate answer then a decade later they wouldn't still be offering a console that takes disks. Duh.
I agreed that people weren’t ready and didn’t understand what the policy would actually entail.

So they were slowly eased into it but ultimately it’s the same result with actually less benefit to the consumer.
Microsoft pulls a 180, reverses Xbox One always-on DRM and used games policy

"Microsoft backtracked Wednesday on its much-derided policy that would have required Xbox One gamers to connect their consoles to the Internet once a day to prevent game piracy.

Microsoft faced a huge backlash when it announced the policy, just before the E3 video game conference earlier this month. Then, the company said it would allow gamers to play offline for up to 24 hours on a primary console, or 1 hour if they were logged onto a separate console accessing their library of titles. At that point, offline gaming would have been disabled until players re-establish a Web connection."

What about this policy am I not understanding here? They would shut off your ability to literally play games if you didn't check in after 24 hours. Like a clingy girlfriend. I don't know if this is a troll or delusion or what's going on in your head. But there's nothing to be ashamed about by just saying your wrong when you learn new information. In fact, most people respect anyone who's willing to change their mind based on new information.
You are misunderstanding how it would work. It’s not you turning on your system and hitting “check in” once a day.

It’s automatic in the background you would have to do nothing.

Did you know your PS5 does this same thing right now? As does your IPhone, and any other device you might have a digital license on?

They all do periodic license/ownership checks, background updates, maintenance, etc. and it’s not something you have to actively think about.

Now that you have new information you can stop saying that dumb shyt you keep saying :stopitslime:

Microsoft’s Xbox One no longer requires Kinect to function

"Microsoft has delivered yet another stroke in their revamped policy campaign for their next-gen console by revealing that the Xbox One no longer requires the Kinect sensor to be operational in order to function.

Previously, Microsoft had maintained that the Xbox One and the Kinect went hand-in-hand and that they were reliant upon one another to work, yet this new update shows the company conforming to the wishes of the gaming sphere by molding the console to be more like Sony’s community-popular PlayStation 4."

I've literally got receipts for days here on how fukking stupid Microsoft was at that period of time. It's becoming abundantly clear you have no idea what their policies originally were.
For this one you’re were right it was stupid, but ultimately it didn’t matter again you walk around with a camera and microphone connected to the internet in your pocket all day everyday.

Once again you were willingly transitioned into the new world without a complaint:francis:

You can just say alright I'm wrong and I had no idea what I'm talking about, they were being fukking stupid and now they're doing better. You don't owe anyone an apology here. But continue to double down and argue this flaccid point that's been debunked a multitude of times is arrogant idiotic and just blatantly not in sync with reality.
Yes you can.

As you play your online only games on your digital only console with your camera/mic in your pocket.

You mad at Microsoft for “trying to fukk you” while you getting willingly slow stroked by everyone else :wow:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Alright.

Competition is what makes the products better. We need that. While I agree it sucks that you dont get to play certain games because you didn't get every console the Era where Sony and Microsoft were really competitive brought out alot of really cool games that furthered progress for all companies.

Xbox doesn't know exactly what it wants to be right now. They're still putting out consoles but it's clear they want to be more of a streaming service nowadays.

And I like how they 180'd on everything and now they're trying to be all inclusive and "making gaming accessible to everyone" sure that's their message now when they losing the console wars but what happened when they were running shyt after the 360 Era?

They tried to become a fukking gaming authoritarian where you couldn't even fukking share games with your friends that had the same console brehs. Their original position when they had the crown was "follow our rules or buy the old console bytch" how can I have trust in a company that pulls these kinds of slimey tactics the second they have the advantage?

We didn't forget that. That's why they got their ass kicked last gen. Now they wanna flip flop but how long that gonna last? I just don't trust them tbh. You let Microsoft get ahead again I think they're gonna pull the same shyt. We saw where their mindset was when they held all the cards. But now they wanna change.. idk about that.

Xbox one launch was trash, but back then MS and Xbox were being ran by Steve Balmer and Don Mattrick:manny:

Since they both left in 2014 they've been replaced by Satya Nadella and Phil. MS shares as a whole have gone up 600% during Nadella's tenure so far (they were -30% with Balmer) and Phil was the one who convinced him to keep Xbox going after they almost shut it down completely. They've invested a ton into their first party titles as well as their ecosystem with GamePass and now streaming, which is another big play. I'd argue that this is simply not the same Xbox as before and will be much more competitive this gen :obama:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how the conversation always jumps back to what MS was doing with the xb1

The problem with the Xbox1 was that MS handled it like they handle there software and role out applications where they have a idea where the future is headed and then FORCE users to adapt. They've gotten better with this as a company as whole and you can see it's paying off.

Everything wanted to do with the Xbox1 originally when basically do now, the problem was they tried to brute for it. When the xb1 dropped most people still were rocking CRT's and most people couldn't even tell you what a HDMI cable was unless and cable was still poppin. Yet they wanted people to keep always connected, have a camera with voice control and motion detection as well as change how trading and sharing games would work.

At the time the goal was to become a house hold name and have a place in every home, it was basically them being cocky coming off the 360 success. But at the same time trying to push the industry forward, but you can't brute force gamers like that unless you are offering something they really want. If you were into tech and how the future of gaming xb1 probably sounded really exciting. You probably already used hmdi's or had a flat screen tv, you probably were always connected to the internet and you probably already where into buying and listening to media digitally. The ability to buy a game and add 10 people to my close friends and be able to freely share all my games with them without me having to be logged in or signed on seemed super cool to me. Kintec motion and voice control I loved, but for most people that seemed intrusive and controlling and for what? There was no mario or GOW or even halo to push those Ideas.

The funny thing is Microsoft is the only gaming company to be like whoops our bad run it back and do what the gamers want. I can't think of once that Nintendo nor Sony has done it, you just whole that L. And that's why Microsoft is one of my favorite companies when it comes to gaming because they are willing to adjust and accommodate consumers.

Microsoft over all idea for the xbox is still the same, the difference now is they are focusing on games now instead of just trying to bull dog into the media center of things. I think they realize that all will come in time, but if they are going to be a gaming system games need to be 1st. They basically lost a whole generation with the xb1 because the identity of the what the system was was all over the place. Even if PlayStation followed behind and did a lot of the same moves.

Daps
All corporations only exist to make cash. That’s not even the point of contention here.
What I said was that you were wrong with how you detailed the policy would work, and that there were plenty of consumer benefits that came with policy regardless of Microsoft’s money making aspirations. Ultimately the world has now moved on to those policies willingly without getting the benefits that would have come with Microsoft original policy.

What specifically are these fantastic benefits are that Microsoft was giving us? Because the cons seem to be like nothing but fukkshyt and outweigh whatever the fukk they were trying to do.

Breh this is absolute nonsense. People in rural areas have the fukking internet. Stop it:stopitslime:

and if they don’t they can’t game in 2021 regardless of what Microsoft’s proposed policy’s were.

Again i don’t see you going to bat for those pour rural people now when they are locked out of next gen gaming

I literally just told you isp's don't always fukk with certain areas. If you have absolutely garbage internet you aren't locked out of gaming in 2021 lmaoo

Some of the best games last year were Spiderman and demons souls remake. Neither required an internet connection. You need to quit equating all video games with multi-player games. There's a reason consoles still come with a disk capabilities. Idk what you're not getting about that. If Microsoft was completely right these versions would no longer exist.

You are misunderstanding how it would work. It’s not you turning on your system and hitting “check in” once a day.

It’s automatic in the background you would have to do nothing.

Did you know your PS5 does this same thing right now?

the difference between my PS5 and what the Xbox one was trying to do is that if I experience an internet outage for more than one day it doesn't result in my $400 console being a worthless hunk of shyt. They would lock you out of OFFLINE games if you didn't have it connected for more than 24 hours. That is the most unnecessary fukk shyt I've ever seen. It wasn't that they were trying to connect you to the world. It's that if you didn't or had no ability to conform they made it very clear that you can go fukk yourself. When there was absolutely no reason to do so. If you don't see that as out of pocket, idk what to tell you breh. Noone can turn you away from your love for microsofts cock being shoved down your throat and them closing your nose and saying you can only breath in the ways we specifically want you to.

As you play your online only games on your digital only console with your camera/mic in your pocket.

You mad at Microsoft for “trying to fukk you” while you getting willingly slow stroked by everyone else :wow:

don't own an online only console because I have the forethought of owning a console that doesn't actually require it. I have a PS5 that takes disks where I can play it anywhere at anytime. And if I can't find wifi in 24 hours my console doesn't give me two middle fingers before shutting off.

Sony never told me hey you can only play our way and if you feel different you can fukk yourself and die. I purchased a console that I can play single player games anywhere at literally anytime. I can share my games with my friend without Sony finger wagging at me and saying it's piracy and that my friend has to go purchase their game or he should be in jail for stealing.

I don't have to adhere to their strict regimen of having to check and make sure my consoles online everyday, making sure that I never borrow another person's game because God forbid I might want to trade it in or sell one, and I don't have to buy a stupid fukking camera to watch my dumb face at all times. And thankfully that's all because of how fukking stupid Microsoft was and they adhere to the same shyt now. You're trying to act like I conformed to Xbox when they laid out the policies for us and 10 years later they backtracked on every single one. So who got fukked in this ordeal? Me, who can still play exactly how I want without changing shyt in 10 years or Microsoft who took a hard authoritative position and got bytched the fukk out by the gaming community and are just now poking their heads out of their hole to see if it's cool if they can operate again? :francis:

Daps
Xbox one launch was trash, but back then MS and Xbox were being ran by Steve Balmer and Don Mattrick:manny:

Since they both left in 2014 they've been replaced by Satya Nadella and Phil. MS shares as a whole have gone up 600% during Nadella's tenure so far (they were -30% with Balmer) and Phil was the one who convinced him to keep Xbox going after they almost shut it down completely. They've invested a ton into their first party titles as well as their ecosystem with GamePass and now streaming, which is another big play. I'd argue that this is simply not the same Xbox as before and will be much more competitive this gen :obama:
I hope that they are. I don't hate Xbox, I just want to make sure they aren't gonna pull some historic fukkery like they tried literally one console gen ago. They damn near ended everything and are coming back from the brink. I hope they took that L and really do understand that they can provide options without brute forcing their way or no way. Because I think they figured out people dont take lightly to that.