"Exclusives Are 'Completely Counter To What Gaming Is About "- Phil Spencer

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You have gotta be fukking trolling breh :russ: ain't Noone this dense.

Let’s do it then breh.

Let’s jump down the rabbit whole of your ridiculous scenario of this poor rural PlayStation fan without internet access.:ehh:

Young bubba the swamp dude doesn’t have the internet so he learns of the PS5s existence through watching connan on late night tv. He gets the release date and again doesn’t have the internet so he can’t preorder it, so he packs up his pick up truck and makes the long drive to sit outside GameStop a day early to make sure he gets his PS5.

Gets home with his system pops in Spiderman plays for a while then Crash, reboots plays for a while Spiderman falls through the floor, whole system shuts off tells him he needs to reformat his hard drive. He does it, plays again, gets the same result.

Once again he doesn’t have the internet so he can’t check online to see any troubleshooting ideas, so he calls Sony customer service. And guess what they tell him.:usure:

“We sorry young Jethrow you have to log in and download the latest updates for your game to work correctly” :mjlol:

And you somehow think it was Microsoft trying to “fukk” him by being honest and saying “modern gaming just isn’t for you”:martin:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
And lets not act like the internet isn't pretty much needed for all consoles now with Day one patches being almost standard. Infact there are games you can't even play unless you update it 1st.
can't play GamePass without internet. somehow no one ever cries foul about that

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can't play GamePass without internet. somehow no one ever cries foul about that
I wouldn't even consider gamepass if I didn't have the internet. If I'm without internet the console of choice is easy.

The switch, I can at least bring it to a random story or public library and update it and games with no issues. And the switch is the only system so far that I have been able to play every game I've tried on it without having to update it or the game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let’s do it then breh.

Let’s jump down the rabbit whole of your ridiculous scenario of this poor rural PlayStation fan without internet access.:ehh:

Young bubba the swamp dude doesn’t have the internet so he learns of the PS5s existence through watching connan on late night tv. He gets the release date and again doesn’t have the internet so he can’t preorder it, so he packs up his pick up truck and makes the long drive to sit outside GameStop a day early to make sure he gets his PS5.

Gets home with his system pops in Spiderman plays for a while then Crash, reboots plays for a while Spiderman falls through the floor, whole system shuts off tells him he needs to reformat his hard drive. He does it, plays again, gets the same result.

Once again he doesn’t have the internet so he can’t check online to see any troubleshooting ideas, so he calls Sony customer service. And guess what they tell him.:usure:

“We sorry young Jethrow you have to log in and download the latest updates for your game to work correctly” :mjlol:

And you somehow think it was Microsoft trying to “fukk” him by being honest and saying “modern gaming just isn’t for you”:martin:
:dead:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I wouldn't even consider gamepass if I didn't have the internet. If I'm without internet the console of choice is easy.

The switch, I can at least bring it to a random story or public library and update it and games with no issues. And the switch is the only system so far that I have been able to play every game I've tried on it without having to update it or the game.
can you play the NES/SNES games (that come with Nintendo Online) without internet?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
modern devices, and services, NEED the internet
Modern devices and services(some), don't NEED the internet to function, and also we're talking about something that was being implemented PRE-launch 2013, not 2021 today. Stay on topic.

You bringing up SERVICES that are optional as some sort of "gotcha!" is completely silly and misses the point entirely.

I don't need Gamepass or Nintendo Online to play Zelda or Mario 3D World.

Sure, I'm not getting the most optimal experience with outdated game versions/system firmware but this isn't an all-or-nothing issue.

It doesn't matter that you're connected to the internet the majority of the time today, it's the fact that having to have internet just to use a device for traditionally offline purposes is stupid. If my internet went down due to some external circumstance(storm, hardware failure, etc.) I wouldn't want my gaming console to be rendered useless until it's fixed. Even with Steam, I can play my games offline if in the situation I'm having internet problems. Those little moments where it may happen may not be a big deal to you but to someone somewhere, it can be substantial and annoying.

That was the point of contention during those days. Not that "oh you play Fortnite all day, why are you against always online?"

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And lets not act like the internet isn't pretty much needed for all consoles now with Day one patches being almost standard. Infact there are games you can't even play unless you update it 1st.

How many games honestly do not work at all without a day 1 patch? Physical games. Name them.