"Exclusives Are 'Completely Counter To What Gaming Is About "- Phil Spencer

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They def tried to fukk people with the xbox one launch with no game sharing, drm, etc. Do you remember a guy named Don Mattrick?
they were actually trying to do some innovative stuff with sharing digital games. Steam did something similar with their "Family Sharing"

Daps
they were actually trying to do some innovative stuff with sharing digital games. Steam did something similar with their "Family Sharing"
Problem is you're focusing on the positives and not the incredibly harsh negatives that came with it.
They had good ideas and tried to force then on people. If your shyt didn't connect to the internet in 24 hours you couldn't play offline games breh. Offline games.

I'm not shytting on the coo lthings they wanted to do, I'm shytting on their outright refusal to budge initially and the way they didn't give a fukk about the consumer.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope that they are. I don't hate Xbox, I just want to make sure they aren't gonna pull some historic fukkery like they tried literally one console gen ago. They damn near ended everything and are coming back from the brink. I hope they took that L and really do understand that they can provide options without brute forcing their way or no way. Because I think they figured out people dont take lightly to that.
I don't really blame them for thinking they could, nintendo and sony both brute forced somethings. But they had killer 1st party Ip's and 3rd party exclusives to fall back on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What specifically are these fantastic benefits are that Microsoft was giving us? Because the cons seem to be like nothing but fukkshyt and outweigh whatever the fukk they were trying to do.
You would have been able to buy a physical game. Then once you installed it you would no longer have to use the disc. You could then share a digital copy with 10 friends and access your library of games on any system you logged into without ever having to touch the disc again. They were working on a digital marketplace where you would be able to trade/sell your digital licenses to other users.

I literally just told you isp's don't always fukk with certain areas. If you have absolutely garbage internet you aren't locked out of gaming in 2021 lmaoo
Yes you are. Pretty much every game has a large day one patch to make the game work right.

For example spiderman PS5 had a bunch of crashes and game breaking bugs before the update. Your poor rural cousins would have driven 2 hours to go get their PS5 just to get home and not be able to play the damn game.

Didn’t see any of y’all up in arms defending your poor rural cousins for that :mjlol:

Some of the best games last year were Spiderman and demons souls remake. Neither required an internet connection.
both needed a huge day one update. In the case of Spiderman the game was pretty much broken without it. Both have had ongoing stability updates.

No one is buying and playing next gen games/systems offline. Stop it:stopitslime:

You need to quit equating all video games with multi-player games. There's a reason consoles still come with a disk capabilities. Idk what you're not getting about that. If Microsoft was completely right these versions would no longer exist.
Literally everything that has anything to do with gaming is centered around access to the internet nowadays. You making up random scenarios to deflect from that reality. :ufdup:

the difference between my PS5 and what the Xbox one was trying to do is that if I experience an internet outage for more than one day it doesn't result in my $400 console being a worthless hunk of shyt.
More random scenarios. You have the internet and will have the internet for the rest of your life. This is like saying “if my electricity goes out I can’t play my PlayStation”

Stop it :stopitslime:

They would lock you out of OFFLINE games if you didn't have it connected for more than 24 hours. That is the most unnecessary fukk shyt I've ever seen. It wasn't that they were trying to connect you to the world. It's that if you didn't or had no ability to conform they made it very clear that you can go fukk yourself. When there was absolutely no reason to do so.
The reason for the check was to allow you access to some of the benefits of digital games even if you purchased it physically.

If you don't see that as out of pocket, idk what to tell you breh. Noone can turn you away from your love for microsofts cock being shoved down your throat and them closing your nose and saying you can only breath in the ways we specifically want you to.
Like I said. You really don’t understand the policy or how it would have worked. And now you just doubling down on your own ignorance:manny:

don't own an online only console because I have the forethought of owning a console that doesn't actually require it. I have a PS5 that takes disks where I can play it anywhere at anytime. And if I can't find wifi in 24 hours my console doesn't give me two middle fingers before shutting off.
You trying to play your PS5 on a submarine breh??:mjlol:

Sony never told me hey you can only play our way and if you feel different you can fukk yourself and die. I purchased a console that I can play single player games anywhere at literally anytime. I can share my games with my friend without Sony finger wagging at me and saying it's piracy and that my friend has to go purchase their game or he should be in jail for stealing.

I don't have to adhere to their strict regimen of having to check and make sure my consoles online everyday, making sure that I never borrow another person's game because God forbid I might want to trade it in or sell one, and I don't have to buy a stupid fukking camera to watch my dumb face at all times. And thankfully that's all because of how fukking stupid Microsoft was and they adhere to the same shyt now. You're trying to act like I conformed to Xbox when they laid out the policies for us and 10 years later they backtracked on every single one. So who got fukked in this ordeal? Me, who can still play exactly how I want without changing shyt in 10 years or Microsoft who took a hard authoritative position and got bytched the fukk out by the gaming community and are just now poking their heads out of their hole to see if it's cool if they can operate again? :francis:
Sony stans :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Problem is you're focusing on the positives and not the incredibly harsh negatives that came with it.
They had good ideas and tried to force then on people. If your shyt didn't connect to the internet in 24 hours you couldn't play offline games breh. Offline games.

I'm not shytting on the coo lthings they wanted to do, I'm shytting on their outright refusal to budge initially and the way they didn't give a fukk about the consumer.
There’s nothing “incredibly harsh about being connected to the internet. You’re connected right now :mjlol:

and they literally DID change their policy based on consumer feedback.

fukk your talmbout breh :dahell:

Daps
There’s nothing “incredibly harsh about being connected to the internet. You’re connected right now :mjlol:

and they literally DID change their policy based on consumer feedback.

fukk your talmbout breh :dahell:
The incredibly harsh part was your console not being connected it just shut off. Do you not understand that part. How much do I have to beat you over the head with this fact before your brain understands words

We've already had this discussion Idk how much they're paying you but you shilling all over right now.

They did after a few months of reaction. At first when people were complaining they told mfs buy the 360 :lolbron:

That's why I said initially, reading comprehension breh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The incredibly harsh part was your console not being connected it just shut off.
But you have the internet. It’s as accessible as electricity right now.

We've already had this discussion Idk how much they're paying you but you shilling all over right now.

They did after a few months of reaction. At first when people were complaining they told mfs buy the 360 :lolbron:
So they do listen :ohhh:

Daps
Even your fukking computer and phone can still use apps when you don't have internet.

But your Xbox would've told you to fukk off and have a good day....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I literally climed to the top of a mountain at Yosemite national park and still had access to the internet. My wife went on Facebook live from the top of a fukking mountain.

But Sony stans worried they might not have internet access :mjlol:

“What about the poor rural swamp people”:damn:

:mjlol:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I thought the avengers would be like an upgraded version of it, maybe they should port it to Xbox and playstation

I can understand certain games being Nintendo exclusives, games Nintendo is known for. But who has ever associated MUA with Nintendo? :gucci:

Honestly think they did that to spite people who only had a PS4 and/or X Box 1. They knew we was waiting years for this and basically try to make us buy a Switch to be able to play it. :unimpressed:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's kinda nuts the no internet connect issue.

I work in the south with some engineers with homes literally miles in the middle of no where and they have internet connect even if it's a terrible one sometimes.

And the ones that don't, because there are some that don't... They are working remotely from their home still.

How?

Hotspots via there phone.

Literally all you'd have to do is turn on a hotspot on your phone have your system connect to it for only a min check in and turn it off and be gravy for at least 48 hours. You can play your disk and system with no problem.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And lets not act like the internet isn't pretty much needed for all consoles now with Day one patches being almost standard. Infact there are games you can't even play unless you update it 1st.