EXCLUSIVE!!!!!! Boyce Watkins: "Resurrecting Black Wall Street" Trailer

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I can dig this. But the problem I have with the post you quoted is that at that same time there was a movement for do for self. And since we are just as poor as they were. I think its valid to say they had plenty of info to know better then to integrate. I mean why trust the devil. It makes no sense to me to trust integration. I intuitively feel like being around people who want me dead is a terrible idea.
The issue at hand is when the children of the Civil Rights gen did "integrate" instead of using White Americas resources to keep Black Communities thriving/take them to the next level they begin to think they were White and abandoned what they had because they thought the grass was greener. When a Black child goes to a White school all of his life he will not have pride in his self, he will think like and want to do the things his class mates do (white kids), the only time this is not true is when Parents instill the pride from day 1, but the Civil rights generation did not know this which is why they sent their kids off to be around whites thinking everything would be ok, while Asians and Hispanics sent their kids off but on some "use the white mans education to learn the skills you need to build your community and take it to the next level."

For example Morehouse, Spelman and Howard were considered just as rigorous as Yale and Harvard at one time. If the Civil Rights Gen fought for the govt to protect them from racist whites (ie. whites are not allowed to prey on black communities), and the ability to make predominately black towns independent cities with their own governments, opposed to emphasis on Letting blacks patron white businesses, jobs, and schools, it would be very interesting to see what would have came from that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are phony as hell all you do is type a bunch of nothing. Why are you here on a discussion board when you neglect to actually discuss anything. You never say shyt but how wrong I am. Prove me wrong. Why haven't you done that? Are you telling me that you believe that economic empowerment isn't the way to go for us? We should just extend our hand to white folks? I don't see any other way. And lime I said before none of you ever provide any answers. You make claims but, never prove anything. Which I wee as a hallmark flof someone who doesn't know what their talking about. You say leader as if that's my goal. My goal is to contribute to a black economy.

:laugh:

So you have no kids and you're still sponsored by your parents?

and FYI, we are already economically empowered, but our mindset is preventing us from aggregating our dollars and available resources

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with the notion that at the time integration was a good idea. I would NEVER IN LIFE put my children at risk just so they could go to white schools. They were physically attacking us and we wanted to snuggle up. Turn the other cheek was foolishness and it should not be viewed in a positive light. They may have had good intentions but, I'm not thankful in anyway. My standards are higher then that. I'm building a business for my future children right now so they don't go through this. That was what they should have focused all that energy on. I don't care if white folks have better books and schools. Cause you know what? I'm willing to go out and put in the work and get dirty. Marching? Wtf. All the walking they could have set up their own factorys and started printing their own books. Building their own schools and making them nice. Making their own water fountains and making them nice. I'm willing to put in the real tangible work. Now everybody from that gen that was on the do for self wave was where it was at. Do for self and demand reparations. That's the goal and that's the only valid goal that there ever was. No disrespect but I gotta call a spade a spade. We can't let good intentions make us romanticize psychotic failures on mass scales. We can't even learn from the failures because people are romanticizing them. I'm not afraid to critique anyone and I would hope people would critique me if I'm off base.

Im definitely a Garvey man myself:banderas:....I just don't think people should feel betrayed by good intentions,ESPECIALLY being that integration wasn't supposed to be the end all be all....I specifically mean MLK,as people who followed him either didn't have as great intentions,or lacked the vision he had to continue and complete his plan....Theres more than one way to skin a cat,and being that neither the integration or separatist movements have ever been allowed to FULLY play out it theres no way I can honestly say which one would've been better for us even though I have my preference....We may have very well continued to just be bombed,sabatogued,betrayed by informants had we continued the separatist route IN AMERICA and prospered...we cant predict what would happen,but folks put they life on the line so "betrayed" feels like a strong word:patrice:....And to feel integration was destined for failure would mean that theres no hope for the future seeing as we not going back to separate schools or water fountains ever:heh:..,the policies put in place for integration aren't going anywhere,and were more integrated than ever before....its dishonest to pretend crack didn't happen and everything went smoothly up until now,to blame all the issues we face on integration aint fair.

But im all for having separate movements and ideologys like they had back in the day,better that than us waiting around for this one movement where we all agree on everything....may the best movement lead us to the promised land:blessed:....Besides nikkas being scary,c00ning,and lacking self belief and vision theres nothing about integration stopping black people imo..

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue at hand is when the children of the Civil Rights gen did "integrate" instead of using White Americas resources to keep Black Communities thriving/take them to the next level they begin to think they were White and abandoned what they had because they thought the grass was greener. When a Black child goes to a White school all of his life he will not have pride in his self, he will think like and want to do the things his class mates do (white kids), the only time this is not true is when Parents instill the pride from day 1, but the Civil rights generation did not know this which is why they sent their kids off to be around whites thinking everything would be ok, while Asians and Hispanics sent their kids off but on some "use the white mans education to learn the skills you need to build your community and take it to the next level."

For example Morehouse, Spelman and Howard were considered just as rigorous as Yale and Harvard at one time. If the Civil Rights Gen fought for the govt to protect them from racist whites (ie. whites are not allowed to prey on black communities), and the ability to make predominately black towns independent cities with their own governments, opposed to emphasis on Letting blacks patron white businesses, jobs, and schools, it would be very interesting to see what would have came from that.

That makes sense. I had no one guide me or any of my friends who were older to that conclusion. I literally had to reach it by my self independent of anyone around me. Which is why I mat sound kinda sour towards old heads. They didn't look out for any of us in the hood. I seen it with my own eyes. We were let loose to do what ever. No one gave us the option of doing our own thing. The goal was to get a good job which would automatically mean work for white people. I see how them olds heads talk to white folks but turn around and curse us. Its real as fukk and anyone from the hood sees it.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laugh:

So you have no kids and you're still sponsored by your parents?

and FYI, we are already economically empowered, but our mindset is preventing us from aggregating our dollars and available resources

I have no kids and I'm not sponsored my my parents I gotta build with no help from anyone in this world. You coming to that conclusion shows your not about helping anyone. If you see a young man with the wrong mind set as you suggest but the only thing you can do is offer no advice but Smiley's I don't need to talk to you. You can't help me with my mind set at all.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That makes sense. I had no one guide me or any of my friends who were older to that conclusion. I literally had to reach it by my self independent of anyone around me. Which is why I mat sound kinda sour towards old heads. They didn't look out for any of us in the hood. I seen it with my own eyes. We were let loose to do what ever. No one gave us the option of doing our own thing. The goal was to get a good job which would automatically mean work for white people. I see how them olds heads talk to white folks but turn around and curse us. Its real as fukk and anyone from the hood sees it.

The thing is those parents who did guide their kids often gave their kids an outdated/failed message. You have black kids who upper middle class families who's parents instilled weakness into them or told them to go do something career wise that lead them to failure (ie. sending their kids to to major in something outdated/BS or forcing their kids to go to college who aren't cut out for college). For example I come from a situation where I grew up in a low income Single parent home (pops was in my life just not in the house), and I grew up and accomplished more than my friends who had both parents and were middle class. I think my situation of being a 1st gen American citizen made me grow up viewing the Black Struggle from a bigger perspective. As a kid I had family in Africa literally in a 20 yr long civil war + I grew up and went to school in one of the worst school systems in the nation, so I understood the struggle was world wide and I had no room for error.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no kids and I'm not sponsored my my parents I gotta build with no help from anyone in this world. You coming to that conclusion shows your not about helping anyone. If you see a young man with the wrong mind set as you suggest but the only thing you can do is offer no advice but Smiley's I don't need to talk to you. You can't help me with my mind set at all.

:ehh:

If you say so

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I made a thread on this clip bout 2 months ago. It did decent numbers. You must've missed it. If i knew how to locate old threads ive made i would bump it up for ya
This shyt got me dyin and proud of this breh at the same time:mjcry:....The way he effortlessly pulled that switcheroo on that cac to make him hostile:pachaha:...Cac didn't want to talk about that domestic terrorism against black people,or at least didn't acknowledge the people of black wallstreet as americans:mjpls:...."What does that have to do with 9/11:whoa:",When he said "wow" I actually thought that cac was happy to learn some new information he maybe didn't know...but that "wow" was actually shock the black dude had audacity to hold white people accountable for they evil history while he's just wants to talk about what arab terrorist did 10 years ago.

beautiful clip,props for posting:banderas:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Man this dude supposed to be grown sounding like a scorned bytch? Its hard to take that seriously and I straight up can't take anybody who on the no accountability flow seriously period. That's why some of these dudes come here to congregate with other no accountability dudes and honestly this mentality is one of the biggest holder backs of people. Need to get off that flow but I blame a lot of people's parents for how they were raised and hope they realize they need to change their mentality or end up done.

Maybe this link can help people on thoughts and actions to focus on http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/21-ways-rich-people-think-differently

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is those parents who did guide their kids often gave their kids an outdated/failed message. You have black kids who upper middle class families who's parents instilled weakness into them or told them to go do something career wise that lead them to failure (ie. sending their kids to to major in something outdated/BS or forcing their kids to go to college who aren't cut out for college). For example I come from a situation where I grew up in a low income Single parent home (pops was in my life just not in the house), and I grew up and accomplished more than my friends who had both parents and were middle class. I think my situation of being a 1st gen American citizen made me grow up viewing the Black Struggle from a bigger perspective. As a kid I had family in Africa literally in a 20 yr long civil war + I grew up and went to school in one of the worst school systems in the nation, so I understood the struggle was world wide and I had no room for error.
True shyt. My moms African and my dads AA and we lived in the hood but I had my dad living with me til I was around 10 still in my life but he was a worker so I never got the game that the systems rigged. All through school we were told equality but I went home to a bad neighborhood that shyts conflicting as fukk. When I moved to the burbs one thing I notice in hindsight is that all my black friends family were either military and didn't come from any money or couldn't truly afford that middle class life but we're faking the funk. Crazy debt. I'm the only on out of all my friends who are going the business owner route. I figure while I'm young I might as well build now and have my kids get the spoils. These suburban kids were being taught the same shyt about equality but weren't truly getting it. They are weal as hell. They have no desire to help black folks they only want jobs in corporate America and that's it. It's all a mindset that keeps getting passed on. Either assimilate and be a good negro for the "middle class" kids or your being raised by your mom on the projects and that's a detriment from jump. But that cycle is over with me and I hope our gets it. We can't have 98% of us working for cacs who have that much control of our lives. There's no balance.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We cant say what the destiny of the children of the civil rights movement would've been due to the crack era,and all the generations after them are a product of the demise of the black family and broken communities:mjcry:....I like to think we would have continued to instill pride,the importance of education and the importance of community and family if not for crack,they didn't get a fair shot....If we can actually get back to the importance of family alone I truly believe that will start a domino effect on many levels,from education to ownership....the ability to OWN comes a lot easier when your in a household with 2 incomes,and both of you have a goal in mind and don't wanna just live above or right at your means.

I know we joke "Get married brehs" but we really need to if not get married find a woman/man you want to build something with and stop having kids with randoms that handicap you a lot of times..

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
you speaking some real shyt breh. keep it up.
and whoever you are quoting I have on ignore :yeshrug:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you speaking some real shyt breh. keep it up.
and whoever you are quoting I have on ignore :yeshrug:
Straight from my experience and from the heart. No fishing for daps like some of these safe nikkas. Dude telling me I'm wrong but offering no opposite and I'm open to it. Same as the older heads who don't put young heads on game just got us fishing in the dark.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
I read about this a while back when I first heard of John Henrik Clarke. It's definitely not outside the realm of possibility at all, it just requires a level of cohesion that doesn't seem possible without mass reconditioning and social engineering via our own media.