EXCLUSIVE!!!!!! Boyce Watkins: "Resurrecting Black Wall Street" Trailer

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
black American history, which coincidentally (or not depending on how you look at it) makes up the bulk of "hidden" history.
definantly NOT a coincidence:wow:. How the hell is that terrorist attack that took place in Tulsa not known about by ANYBODY:wow:. The savageness and barbaracness of white people has been suppressed so well:wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
definantly NOT a coincidence:wow:. How the hell is that terrorist attack that took place in Tulsa not known about by ANYBODY:wow:. The savageness and barbaracness of white people has been suppressed so well:wow:

They doing the same thing to pro black music as well. Erasing decades of positivity and only remembering negativity. They are making a damn movie of NWA'S rise to power, but not of one about Public Enemy.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
They doing the same thing to pro black music as well. Erasing decades of positivity and only remembering negativity. They are making a damn movie of NWA'S rise to power, but not of one about Public Enemy.
yep, i think often about how the rap/hiphopculture has infected R&B also. Singing about love and positivity is a thing of the past. Acts like Boys II Man, Brian McKnight, Joe, Carl Thomas will never sell or get mainstream play again.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
yep, i think often about how the rap/hiphopculture has infected R&B also. Singing about love and positivity is a thing of the past. Acts like Boys II Man, Brian McKnight, Joe, Carl Thomas will never sell or get mainstream play again.

They only let white singers make Love Songs. Black folk get the shytty ratchet southern inspired sound that had R&B singers cursing about turning up in the club.

We literally praising about getting phased out.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I only knew about it a while ago because of the movie Rosewood that came out I think early 2000's?,i looked it up because it was based on a true story and that's when I found out about Black Wallstreet that was even worse.

"The Rosewood massacre was a racially motivated attack on African Americans and their neighborhood committed by a white mob in Florida during January 1–7, 1923. At least six African Americans and two whites were killed in the ensuing violence. The town of Rosewood, a majority-black community, was abandoned and destroyed in what contemporary news reports characterized as a race riot (with the implication blacks had broken out in violence). Racial disturbances with attacks by whites against blacks were common during the early 20th century in the United States, reflecting the nation's rapid social changes. Florida had an especially high number of lynchings in the years before the massacre; the great majority of victims were black males. Among these was what was known in the white community as the Perry race riot in December 1922, in which a black man was burned at the stake."

They say up to 23 blacks were killed but who knows:manny:...The people involved didn't even want to talk about it afterwards,and god knows if its not passed down by other black folks that white folks aint gon acknowledge they wrong doing:rudy:...its hard to blame them for not talking,they say a lot of them had PTSD after the incident.

"This silence was an exception to the practice of oral history among black families. Minnie Lee Langley knew James and Emma Carrier as her parents. She kept the story from her children for 60 years: "I didn't want them to know what I came through and I didn't discuss it with none of them ... I just didn't want them to know what kind of way I come up. I didn't want them to know white folks want us out of our homes." Decades passed before she began to trust white people"

But they did get "compensated" in the 90's,150K IF they could prove they lived in Rosewood in 1923:beli:...and there was a pool of 500K for people who could prove they had a ancestor who lived there..

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This song saddened me:francis:. This is the very definition of selling out. I can see Tank's dignity leave his body midway thru the vid.

Tank - Shots Fired ft. Chris Brown:

They only let white singers make Love Songs. Black folk get the shytty ratchet southern inspired sound that had R&B singers cursing about turning up in the club.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
This song saddened me:francis:. This is the very definition of selling out. I can see Tank's dignity leave his body midway thru the vid.

Tank - Shots Fired ft. Chris Brown:

At times like these, thank God for Kendrick and J. Cole for blowing up. They give a slight bit of hope especially after all forms of black music been ratchet-ized and reduced to simple party music.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

True. I heard a song on one of the pop music stations (mainly white audience) featuring Lil Wayne and he's all rapping about love and liking a chick. Meanwhile it's "these hoes ain't loyal" when the music is geared towards us.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
True. I heard a song on one of the pop music stations (mainly white audience) featuring Lil Wayne and he's all rapping about love and liking a chick. Meanwhile it's "these hoes ain't loyal" when the music is geared towards us.

Yep. It's that, tricking, twerking, or being in the trap and people say that "the streets fukk with it, so I gotta fukk with it." Follower mentality is making black music weak and uninspired.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ive been noticed this. Usher joint aimed at the black crowd: :

Usher joint aimed at the white crowd:

David Guetta - Without You ft. Usher (Official Video):

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Cole and Kendrick know that the paradigm change in black people's thinking is coming close. They are smart to see how since the incidents of Trayvon and Mike Brown, black people need to get their act together ONCE AND FOR ALL. Meaning that, no more setbacks to black unity and group economics. No more propaganda. No more bullshytting.

It's time.

I don't think so. A lot of these people who are diet "pro black" in the media love to play respectability politics.