EXCLUSIVE!!!!!! Boyce Watkins: "Resurrecting Black Wall Street" Trailer

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For example Morehouse, Spelman and Howard were considered just as rigorous as Yale and Harvard at one time. If the Civil Rights Gen fought for the govt to protect them from racist whites (ie. whites are not allowed to prey on black communities), and the ability to make predominately black towns independent cities with their own governments, opposed to emphasis on Letting blacks patron white businesses, jobs, and schools, it would be very interesting to see what would have came from that.

the easy fix is...up the entrance requirements, lol. they shouldn't be below local state universities...make it elite. but obvi there is some financial benefit to accepting a broader range of students academically. up the requirement and get some solid professors...they could make money off of other races that want an elite college.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
the easy fix is...up the entrance requirements, lol. they shouldn't be below local state universities...make it elite. but obvi there is some financial benefit to accepting a broader range of students academically. up the requirement and get some solid professors...they could make money off of other races that want an elite college.

HBCUs brag about how every yr they have their largest freshmen class in history yet only 30-45% of those freshmen comeback the next yr/become sophomores. You have HBCUs building tons of Freshmen dorms while only having 1-2 upper classmen dorms. HBCUs are using student #s are revenue since Alumni dont give back on the scale you see PWIs. IMO Look at how a school like Kentuckys basked ball team was this yr, now image if 6 of the top 10 HS B ball players went to Howard or Hampton, IMO Black kids should stop going to PWIs that pimp them for sports. It's wild black folks love the SEC while SEC schools think of blacks as scum besides when they are winning, but let a Black athlete get in "trouble" the whole school throws them under the bus and the kid is replaced by the next Buck in line.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
LL

Dreadknox77

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I feel it to, I was in NO yesterday and this black lady at work said
"It ain't no place for us in this system" me and her just started vibing right then and there

No lie, the past few months I always seem to bump into random people in the streets and immediately we vibe for a few minutes about this system we live in. Its happening on a regular occasion now and I luv it.

I dunno man I feel an extra crazy deep connection with my people these days.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Ive just "discovered" Dr. Boyce Watkins like 2 months ago and i can honestly say that if i could sit down and have a convo with ANYONE in the world it would be him. Dude is such an inspiration and im learning so much from him

:mjcry:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got BLACKEXCELLENCE GOOSEBUMP seeing that trailer:wow:

...One Cave Devil bytch crying "rape" after encountering a Brotha inside the same elevator as

her, caused her fellow CaCsucKKKas to pillage, burn, massacre, and eradicate the prosperity of Black Wall Street:what::mjcry:

Yet, THEY never taught US that part in school:mjpls::pacspit:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
No lie, the past few months I always seem to bump into random people in the streets and immediately we vibe for a few minutes about this system we live in. Its happening on a regular occasion now and I luv it.

I dunno man I feel an extra crazy deep connection with my people these days.

I feel ya bro!! I drive trucks and when im in areas that has little to no black people i feel extremely out of place. I cant wait till im back around people with the same skin color as me. And i too have had random convos about white supremacy with people. I be wondering "does this cat post on the coli?:ohhh:"?

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I only knew about it a while ago because of the movie Rosewood that came out I think early 2000's?,i looked it up because it was based on a true story and that's when I found out about Black Wallstreet that was even worse.

"The Rosewood massacre was a racially motivated attack on African Americans and their neighborhood committed by a white mob in Florida during January 1–7, 1923. At least six African Americans and two whites were killed in the ensuing violence. The town of Rosewood, a majority-black community, was abandoned and destroyed in what contemporary news reports characterized as a race riot (with the implication blacks had broken out in violence). Racial disturbances with attacks by whites against blacks were common during the early 20th century in the United States, reflecting the nation's rapid social changes. Florida had an especially high number of lynchings in the years before the massacre; the great majority of victims were black males. Among these was what was known in the white community as the Perry race riot in December 1922, in which a black man was burned at the stake."

They say up to 23 blacks were killed but who knows:manny:...The people involved didn't even want to talk about it afterwards,and god knows if its not passed down by other black folks that white folks aint gon acknowledge they wrong doing:rudy:...its hard to blame them for not talking,they say a lot of them had PTSD after the incident.

"This silence was an exception to the practice of oral history among black families. Minnie Lee Langley knew James and Emma Carrier as her parents. She kept the story from her children for 60 years: "I didn't want them to know what I came through and I didn't discuss it with none of them ... I just didn't want them to know what kind of way I come up. I didn't want them to know white folks want us out of our homes." Decades passed before she began to trust white people"

But they did get "compensated" in the 90's,150K IF they could prove they lived in Rosewood in 1923:beli:...and there was a pool of 500K for people who could prove they had a ancestor who lived there..
:laff: :laff: :laff:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I went to a viewing and the shyt was anticlimactic. any of you nikkas who have been on the group economics stuff and who knew of black wallstreet already.... wont get much from it. :yeshrug:

We need movies with actual blueprints.. .. not high level knowledge and info. :yeshrug: