Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
The chances of a woman whom.of which looks white and has said many times she doesn't consider herself black is as high as the chances of me experiencing racism?

Breh read that out loud and realise how insane that is
She's black. I don't care how light she is or what she considers herself.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are making an excellent point here.
But Sanford and Son was a remake of a British show, like a few 70s hits were. Those Brit writers were probably attached to the original show.

There were very few if any regular Black writers on tv shows back then. Redd fought to have Paul Mooney come in and write more culturally appropriate/relevant shows and dialogue.
Came to say this

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if there's loads of black culture, why you bytching about this show? Surely you're not saying you know what everyones experience as black is.
What are you talking about? Iyou must be mixed, no way can you be black. I'm saying it's insane for a show that is full of beige mixed people.to call itself blackAF

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is she was a dark skinned african chick. You'd be cool with it being called Black as Fukk?
Yes! Because then the kids would also be black, and it would be about a black family, not a beige mixed family. She wouldn't have to be African just at least make her black not a woman that looks white.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Its up to the user/viewer. If you call something #BlackAF then everybody is going to have their own interpretation and rightfully so. The show simply just needs a different title if you ask me.
If everyone has their own opinion of what BlackAF is, why the fukk are yall bytching? Let that shiit rock.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Yes! Because then the kids would also be black, and it would be about a black family, not a beige mixed family. She wouldn't have to be African just at least make her black not a woman that looks white.
So ypu have a problem with Black-Ish? Tracy Ellis Ross is bi-racial just like Rashida Jones. 3 of the kids are "beige". You all love Martin, Martin's love interest was light bright Tisha Campbell is that okay?