Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
black-ish is more watered for the ABC audience. but the stories have been the same so far
Yeah, I remember the similar episode from Black-ish where they were arguing. The whole episode was depressing and aggravating, and didn't really make any sense.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone that compares this to curb is on a narcotic. This shyt ain’t in the same universe as curb. Curb was improv comedy usually one camera shot, smart humor. Relies on chemistry.
The comparison comes not from quality, but the fact that both shows star writers of other famous shows playing a fictional version of themselves.

How u call a show blackaf and everyone beige and the mom looks white
It's based on his life.

Meanwhile shows of the past with predominantly black cast were hilarious because they werent concerned with white people they were simply living their life and the jokes hit because you understand them culturally.

Exactly, Do any of these black shows feel like Martin, Sanford & Son, Living Single, or the underrated GOAT ROC?
As I posted earlier and @Rhakim added, Martin had a bunch of white writers and a white co-creator.

latest
wrote 10 episodes of Living Single, tied for the most
596d369f98746.jpg
wrote 8 episodes of Living Single, tied for the 2nd most

The guy that created Roc?

stan-daniels-07.jpg

Jewish guy from Toronto.

People are going to be disappointed if they start going through their favorite shows.

That's all cool, but why couldn't it be the same show but with a black wife and black kids
The story is a fictionalized version of his real life. In real life he's married to a bi-racial woman. So no, it wouldn't be the same if he had a black wife.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The comparison comes not from quality, but the fact that both shows star writers of other famous shows playing a fictional version of themselves.

It's based on his life.

As I posted earlier and @Rhakim added, Martin had a bunch of white writers and a white co-creator.

latest
wrote 10 episodes of Living Single, tied for the most
596d369f98746.jpg
wrote 8 episodes of Living Single, tied for the 2nd most

The guy that created Roc?

stan-daniels-07.jpg

Jewish guy from Toronto.

People are going to be disappointed if they start going through their favorite shows.

The story is a fictionalized version of his real life. In real life he's married to a bi-racial woman. So no, it wouldn't be the same if he had a black wife.

His life isn't black as fuk tho, so why not call it mixed af

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are black. And this is about HIS LIFE. He married a biracial woman and they have a black family. This whole colorism thing amongst us is stupid. Black is black. Light skin dark skin, we all African Americans. Show is funny as fukk.
They are mixed. Should be called mixed af. And have a mixed family.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Tats cool, just don't call it black as fukk, because it isn't. If his life was blackaf he would be with a black woman and have a black family, not a beige one
I think this is the problem.. its the name of the show. I watched the entire season and definitely want to see what they do with a 2nd season. Not saying you can't show super rich light skinned black folks but maybe you call this "The Kenya Barris Show", "The Wood to Hollywood", or #RichAF or whatever. But if you call something #BlackAF you gotta include a lot of of other shyt to get away with a title like that. There's probably not that much criticism if the show is named differently.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I think this is the problem.. its the name of the show. I watched the entire season and definitely want to see what they do with a 2nd season. Not saying you can't show super rich light skinned black folks but maybe you call this "The Kenny Barris Show", "The Wood to Hollywood", or #RichAF or whatever. But if you call something #BlackAF you gotta include a lot of of other shyt to get away with a title like that. There's probably not that much criticism if the show is named differently.
This calling it richaf sounds better and you don’t have to change the show at all

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Her dad is black she is not.

You really asking what a black experience is? Do you think she is profiled when walking around stores? When driving? Encountered racism?

She herself rightly said she doesn't consider herself black, and she looks like a damn white woman

Why do black shows fear casting black women as the mothers in these shows?
Yes, I'm asking what the black experience is. Please enlighten me! Her fther is black her chances of facing racism is just as high as any other black person.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I'm asking what the black experience is. Please enlighten me! Her fther is black her chances of facing racism is just as high as any other black person.
The chances of a woman whom.of which looks white and has said many times she doesn't consider herself black is as high as the chances of me experiencing racism?

Breh read that out loud and realise how insane that is

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is the problem.. its the name of the show. I watched the entire season and definitely want to see what they do with a 2nd season. Not saying you can't show super rich light skinned black folks but maybe you call this "The Kenya Barris Show", "The Wood to Hollywood", or #RichAF or whatever. But if you call something #BlackAF you gotta include a lot of of other shyt to get away with a title like that. There's probably not that much criticism if the show is named differently.
RichAF would have been PERFECT