Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WTF is a black experience? Her dad is black.
Her dad is black she is not.

You really asking what a black experience is? Do you think she is profiled when walking around stores? When driving? Encountered racism?

She herself rightly said she doesn't consider herself black, and she looks like a damn white woman

Why do black shows fear casting black women as the mothers in these shows?

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Her dad is black she is not.

You really asking what a black experience is? Do you think she is profiled when walking around stores? When driving? Encountered racism?

She herself rightly said she doesn't consider herself black, and she looks like a damn white woman

Why do black shows fear casting black women as the mothers in these shows?
Both shows are based on his life. His wife is mixed. Simple ass math.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Never saw black-ish at all so this show was fresh to me. It’s funny and intelligent and the cast works well of each other. The black experience is more than just negative things that happen to us. I like the topics it explores like letting his skin color define his success. Why can’t he just rock a chain without being type cast? Why does he have to be a successful black man instead of just a successful man? Why do I have to like this and that simply cuz black people made it? Why don’t black fathers get more praise?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never saw black-ish at all so this show was fresh to me. It’s funny and intelligent and the cast works well of each other. The black experience is more than just negative things that happen to us. I like the topics it explores like letting his skin color define his success. Why can’t he just rock a chain without being type cast? Why does he have to be a successful black man instead of just a successful man? Why do I have to like this and that simply cuz black people made it? Why don’t black fathers get more praise?
That's all cool, but why couldn't it be the same show but with a black wife and black kids

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I still haven’t laughed. This whiny voice always bytching while wealthy black man with hardly any black friends is not working. Who identifies with this shyt?

him constantly explaining blackness to white people is tiring. This is for the Desus and Mero Vice crowd.

Yeah my wife and I were watching it and we didn't make it past the first 20mins. I turned it off and said this show is nothing but him whining endlessly.

I heard it gets better, so maybe I'll give it another shot

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain the dialogue that the daughter said?

She is describing the house and she says it is really nice.

Then she says "it is a really nice house for black people which makes it less nice"

WTF?

ETA: There alot of self loathing from Kenya in this show, which I think he acknowledges.
It is not a good look for black folk.

Self loathing works for the Jews because well you know. :ld:

basically if living in a ideal world the house is nice.
its really nice for black people (black people with money get a nicer place to stay.) but its still not up to par with white people. its like the white cheapest is the blacks most expensive. which then has the house stand out.. its to rich for the typical blacks and cheap compared to whites... so the house isnt as nice as you want it to be..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@pickles like when we had my sons party at our house and invited kids from his school (he goes to catholic school)..
they (the parents) ohhhhh, you have a nice house .. i get it ..
and when my wife invited kids from the school she teaches.. one kid was like y'all rich .. no we not.. but its not nice anymore if my people cant get the same thing

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
@pickles like when we had my sons party at our house and invited kids from his school (he goes to catholic school)..
they ohhhhh, you have a nice house .. i get it ..
and when my wife invited kids from the school she teaches.. one kid was like y'all rich .. no we not.. but its not nice anymore if my people cant get the same thing

:ehh: good explanation.

I get it now. :obama:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
That's all cool, but why couldn't it be the same show but with a black wife and black kids

They are black. And this is about HIS LIFE. He married a biracial woman and they have a black family. This whole colorism thing amongst us is stupid. Black is black. Light skin dark skin, we all African Americans. Show is funny as fukk.