Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Show is much smarter than people think. Episode 5 pretty much highlights what the show is. Tyler Perry is supposed to us, the audience. He wonders and asks all the questions we ask. And It even ties back into the question he asked himself in the first episode on whether he was a c00n or not. Show can be on the nose at times, but I liked how episode 5 handled it all.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
But he keeps making shows about mixed families then calling it black
I don't know where you're from, but here in America if you have a family with a Black dad and a half-Black mom, your family will be considered Black, your kids will be considered Black, and you will be living the Black experience. You seriously think otherwise?

Exactly, Do any of these black shows feel like Martin, Sanford & Son, Living Single, or the underrated GOAT ROC?
They're all their own shows and have their own feel. But just as an experiment I grabbed the first show off your list.

This is one of Martin's co-creators and lead writers:
John-Bowman-by-Jacob-Fabricius.jpg

And 4 of the top 8 writers credited with the most shows are....

Jane Milmore
Jane-Milmore.jpg

Diane Burroughs (is this the same woman? lol)
MV5BOGI5ZTNiMTktYjhkZS00Yjg3LWI3MWYtNGE5NzFmZDUxNDMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgwNDk1Nzk@._V1_.jpg

Joey Guittierez
ct-1544497595-p2hs4md3x7-snap-image

Billy van Zandt
4217553239.jpg

Of course there are two Black co-creators including Martin in addition to that White co-creator, and the other 4 writers with the most episodes credited are Black. So maybe....even classic Black shows have White employees too?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Sanford and Son had two head writers who get the credit for all episodes, Ray Galton and Alan Simpson. Not only were they White, they ain't even American, they're Brits.

33EFB2B700000578-3579016-image-a-82_1462663801057.jpg

It had three other writers credited with at least 20+ episodes:

Bernie Orenstein
maxresdefault.jpg

Saul Turteltaub
maxresdefault.jpg

Aaron Ruben
1b0141765e24bb01a5c1c8b30021ecc2

#6 guy with 17 episodes is Ilunga Adell
maxresdefault.jpg

We could keep going if y'all really want to take this there. :comeon:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I haven't read all ten pages but there are several black writers on this show according to IMDB
#BlackAF (TV Series 2020– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Alison+McDonald+45th+Annual+Daytime+Creative+wKzTsjBB6KOl.jpg

Alison McDonald
esa-lewis-and-amy-keith-during-jean-paul-gaultier-fleur-du-male-at-picture-id109669150
Esa Lewis
ccsu_tnl_02_003_standup.jpg

Malik S.
Dpq_RedXgAAXjX_.jpg

Doug Hall
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F04%2Fblackaf-kenya-barris-netflix-comedy-series-4.jpg

Rashida Jones and Kenya Barris are executive producers.

It doesn't surprise me that the white people pretending to be black on the coli have a problem with a show that shows Black wealth and black middle class.

Black people having money makes them uncomfortable and they don't like the head writer from Black-ish because Kenya dealt with race issues on the show.
Coli is full of Cornball brothers and cacs so of course they're gonna hate this and get caught up on the title to make their argument. Go over to the film room and you'll see these same cornball "brothers" loving all types of white shows :mjgrin:

I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying this so far, it's like if you mix black'ish, love and hiphop, modern family, curb your enthusiasm with new blacks and black twitter all together :pachaha:. Looking forward to watching the remaining episodes.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know where you're from, but here in America if you have a family with a Black dad and a half-Black mom, your family will be considered Black, your kids will be considered Black, and you will be living the Black experience. You seriously think otherwise?

They're all their own shows and have their own feel. But just as an experiment I grabbed the first show off your list.

This is one of Martin's co-creators and lead writers:
John-Bowman-by-Jacob-Fabricius.jpg

And 4 of the top 8 writers credited with the most shows are....

Jane Milmore
Jane-Milmore.jpg

Diane Burroughs (is this the same woman? lol)
MV5BOGI5ZTNiMTktYjhkZS00Yjg3LWI3MWYtNGE5NzFmZDUxNDMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgwNDk1Nzk@._V1_.jpg

Joey Guittierez
ct-1544497595-p2hs4md3x7-snap-image

Billy van Zandt
4217553239.jpg

Of course there are two Black co-creators including Martin in addition to that White co-creator, and the other 4 writers with the most episodes credited are Black. So maybe....even classic Black shows have White employees too?
The woman that plays his wife 100000% does not live a black experience.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sanford and Son had two head writers who get the credit for all episodes, Ray Galton and Alan Simpson. Not only were they White, they ain't even American, they're Brits.

33EFB2B700000578-3579016-image-a-82_1462663801057.jpg

It had three other writers credited with at least 20+ episodes:

Bernie Orenstein
maxresdefault.jpg

Saul Turteltaub
maxresdefault.jpg

Aaron Ruben
1b0141765e24bb01a5c1c8b30021ecc2

#6 guy with 17 episodes is Ilunga Adell
maxresdefault.jpg

We could keep going if y'all really want to take this there. :comeon:
You are making an excellent point here.
But Sanford and Son was a remake of a British show, like a few 70s hits were. Those Brit writers were probably attached to the original show.

There were very few if any regular Black writers on tv shows back then. Redd fought to have Paul Mooney come in and write more culturally appropriate/relevant shows and dialogue.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i dont get the its the 'black curb your enthusiasm'. I agree its a wilder version of black-ish.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i dont get the its the 'black curb your enthusiasm'. I agree its a wilder version of black-ish.
A lot of people are hung up on that comparison.
The comparison is not the quality but because of the similarities of the creator of a hit show doing another show, starring himself, that has some similarities to his original show.
It's not a one to one comparison but it has some of Curb's DNA... moreso a comp to Modern Family or other mockumentaries.
It's just another way of having multiple characters to break the fourth wall.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm trying but this shyt coming off like that pacc of special K version of Coke on the back shelf at Kroger. I'd rather just grab that real thing with Black'ish or even Grown'ish.