Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
But he keeps making shows about mixed families then calling it black

That's his experience I think. Isnt his wife mixed? That's his life.

Obama...Fredrick Douglas...Booker T...Kamala (who I'm not a fan of at all)...Lisa Bonet...Halle....The Hughes Brothers...Faith Evans....Bob Marley..........you dont considerate them black? If they did (those still alive) a story on their life, it's going to be some mixed people bruh bruh. But they are people who have fought for us and/or identify with us culturally.

I'm black, my momma/daddy and everyone in my family is black. That's me tho. The show is his life?

Why is the title so offensive to you?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told yall this show isn't for black people lol.

All these new shows with black faces are meant for white people or the small subset of millennial "well to do" blacks who spend all their time around white people.
100000%

That's why although we got all this "black" shyt out now it don't hit at all

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
100000%

That's why although we got all this "black" shyt out now it don't hit at all
yeah its always centered around black people explaining what it is to be black to non blacks lol.

Meanwhile shows of the past with predominantly black cast were hilarious because they werent concerned with white people they were simply living their life and the jokes hit because you understand them culturally.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the show and hoping they make a season 2. I ran through this quick as hell but it didn’t help the episodes are a bit short.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's his experience I think. Isnt his wife mixed? That's his life.

Obama...Fredrick Douglas...Booker T...Kamala (who I'm not a fan of at all)...Lisa Bonet...Halle....The Hughes Brothers...Faith Evans....Bob Marley..........you dont considerate them black? If they did (those still alive) a story on their life, it's going to be some mixed people bruh bruh. But they are people who have fought for us and/or identify with us culturally.

I'm black, my momma/daddy and everyone in my family is black. That's me tho. The show is his life?

Why is the title so offensive to you?
That's cool if that's his life, but his life ain't black as fukk as the title suggests.

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because this show is for white people.

Look at the writers

segal-headshot.jpg

schamis-headshot.jpg

Hale+Rothstein+bNgcfjRLIPnm.jpg

0xX7NSOZ_400x400.jpg

tenor.gif

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
Not calling anyone out. but I getting tired of some you acting as if every black person in America is supposed to be dark skinned. Newsflash black people come in all shades and colors but if you were really black you would know that. And it's 2020 colorism should be dead. I have friends that are light skinned, dark skinned, Yellow-bone, red-zone, it doesnt matter we are all black. I only see colorism online never in real life. And if I do it's usually people making fun of people who are same complexion as they are.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Exactly, Do any of these black shows feel like Martin, Sanford & Son, Living Single, or the underrated GOAT ROC?
None of the white shows are raw as "All In The Family" or "Married With Children". Times changed you can't make the same shows. If "Martin" debutted in 2020 it would be caled "c00n shyt". They'd be bytching about why a blsck man was living in a junkyard.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not calling anyone out. but I getting tired of some you acting as if every black person in America is supposed to be dark skinned. Newsflash black people come in all shades and colors but if you were really black you would know that. And it's 2020 colorism should be dead. I have friends that are light skinned, dark skinned, Yellow-bone, red-zone, it doesnt matter we are all black. I only see colorism online never in real life. And if I do it's usually people making fun of people who are same complexion as they are.
The show is called black as fukk

The kids are all mixed

The wife looks like a white woman

Yet the show is called black as fukk

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)

uJk01CI.gif

None of the white shows are raw as "All In The Family" or "Married With Children". Times changed you can't make the same shows. If "Martin" debutted in 2020 it would be caled "c00n shyt". They'd be bytching about why a blsck man was living in a junkyard.

Black twitter and the coli would crucify those shows. "Clown ass nikka doing all that dancing and shyt. Dressing like his mama? What is that? Why cant he be intelligent acting." "He owns a junkyard! This is trash!"