All Star
Daps

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is a mix of Curb your enthusiasm and Modern Family IMO...leans more toward MF though, would have legs if it leaned the other way IMO. Wish the interview segments were less and more focus on him, the kids aren’t bringing much to the table, besides him, Rashida is the one memorable character so far.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rashida Jones as the mom is kind of a deterrent for me watching this show.

Who else is in the cast? Is Jesse Williams the uncle? Is Halsey the cousin? :comeon:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Rashida Jones as the mom is kind of a deterrent for me watching this show.

Who else is in the cast? Is Jesse Williams the uncle? Is Halsey the cousin? :comeon:
They dont show her white family. They even spent an episode poking fun of her biracial insecurities.:russ:She starts panicking cuz her kids dont act black and cant dance. She can technically dance but only because she takes hiphop dance classes where she counts the steps:mjlol:

They had a family cookout and her family wasnt invited because you know:mjpls:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both characters are TV representations of his real-life wife.

Pretty sure the title is in reference to himself and is meant to show tension between the world he came from and the world he lives in now. Born and raised in Inglewood, went to school at Clark Atlanta, now has four of his own shows and a nine-figure bank account living the Hollywood life. :yeshrug:
He married a woman that looks damn near white, he ain't black af neither

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He married a woman that looks damn near white, he ain't black af neither

Now not only are folk with a Black parent not Black, but any Black man who even dares to marry someone who is "only half-black" loses his status as a Black man. :russ:

He's from Inglewood, went to an HCBU, married his high school crush who is a gorgeous doctor with a Black father, and once he made his bag selling America's Top Model he's used all his fame and power to make one show after another about the Black experience....but he's not Black because his wife doesn't "look black enough" for you. :mjlol:

black-ish-creator-Kenya-Barris-with-wife-Dr.-Rainbow-Edwards-Barris_AP-Images-3-1100x756.jpg

e4368038cabb3f4b88542c2fccdb5f8a8276651565815236.jpeg

kenya-barris-and-rainbow-1000x600.jpg

A real Black man would never marry a gorgeous doctor that he's dated since high school unless BOTH of her parents are Black. :troll:

In your world Dr. Charles Drew ain't Black either and neither is any woman who married him, right? Does Farrakhan's wife get a pass or no?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now not only are folk with a Black parent not Black, but any Black man who even dares to marry someone who is "only half-black" loses his status as a Black man. :russ:

He's from Inglewood, went to an HCBU, married his high school crush who is a gorgeous doctor with a Black father, and once he made his bag selling America's Top Model he's used all his fame and power to make one show after another about the Black experience....but he's not Black because his wife doesn't "look black enough" for you. :mjlol:

black-ish-creator-Kenya-Barris-with-wife-Dr.-Rainbow-Edwards-Barris_AP-Images-3-1100x756.jpg

e4368038cabb3f4b88542c2fccdb5f8a8276651565815236.jpeg

kenya-barris-and-rainbow-1000x600.jpg

A real Black man would never marry a gorgeous doctor that he's dated since high school unless BOTH of her parents are Black. :troll:

In your world Dr. Charles Drew ain't Black either and neither is any woman who married him, right? Does Farrakhan's wife get a pass or no?

I didn't say he isn't black, I said he isn't black af. A man that is black af would have married a black woman and had black kids, and created a black family

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Did the person that posted those 4 white writers address this?

I'm not sure. Probably not.

He doubled down, saying there there were "only" three other Black writers.....if you don't count the creator/showrunner/head writer who literally controls every script, has sole credits for the first two episodes, and bases the shyt on his own fukking life. :francis:

Like I said earlier, I'd love to see his Netflicks history and find out what "real" Black shows he's watching where having white employees working under you isn't allowed. :mjlol:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
He doubled down, saying there there were "only" three other Black writers.....if you don't count the creator/showrunner/head writer who literally controls every script, has sole credits for the first two episodes, and bases the shyt on his own fukking life. :francis:

Like I said earlier, I'd love to see his Netflicks history and find out what "real" Black shows he's watching where having white employees working under you isn't allowed. :mjlol:

I hate this crab in a barrel shyt. We our own worst enemy sometimes. It's his show, nothing gets aired without him "signing off". If it's not your definition of black-that's fine, we're different-support it. White people have a thousand variations of their lives on tv over the years-from fukking Al Bundy to Dallas. We should want this to win because it opens up the door for more projects. I hate Tyler Perry shyt but I support him because he's black and feeds and employs a lot of black people. Also, I know a lot of black people who love his shyt.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate this crab in a barrel shyt. We our own worst enemy sometimes. It's his show, nothing gets aired without him "signing off". If it's not your definition of black-that's fine, we're different-support it. White people have a thousand variations of their lives on tv over the years-from fukking Al Bundy to Dallas. We should want this to win because it opens up the door for more projects. I hate Tyler Perry shyt but I support him because he's black and feeds and employs a lot of black people. Also, I know a lot of black people who love his shyt.
But he keeps making shows about mixed families then calling it black