Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
After the first two episodes it finds its rhythm. Episodes 5-8 were VERY good in my opinion.

Maybe its because I knew what to expect going in, but the only thing I found cringe was the kids being so disrespectful. I understand being a rebellious teen but calling your FATHER a dikk? Call me old fashioned but thats not something i’ve ever seen in even the most liberal of black families.

Other than the over the top disrespect from the kids, its what everyone else already said, its the “Real” Black-ish. And thats not a bad thing. Episode 5 was the best episode, and you can tell its one Kenya felt strongly about the subject matter. I feel like the show would be best served in later seasons by being more of a “fly on the wall of successful black creator in Hollywood” than as “Black Modern Family”. The scenes with the writer’s room, the scenes with Tyler Perry, the scenes with dissecting his feelings on the film he hated, the scenes with Will Packer, Ava Duvernay, Issa Rae, and Lena Waithe. THAT was unique, fresh, and interesting in perspective and execution.

you real I might give it a try :jbhmm:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dapped and repped. Never a bad thing to be proven wrong. It still never quite feels right that slavery is a frequent punchline or treated like a joke by Hollywood writers.
I ain't denying that, and I ain't denying that the Holocaust gets a different treatment like it way more off-limits. I just don't like absolute statements, no one has total control like that and there's always a counterexample to everything.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
If a cac show like Shameless can go 10 seasons, this should go 5 easily.

And like others said, it picks up by episode 5 if you stick with it. The 2 part finale in Fiji was really good.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
If a cac show like Shameless can go 10 seasons, this should go 5 easily.

And like others said, it picks up by episode 5 if you stick with it. The 2 part finale in Fiji was really good.
Shameless is hands down the most outrageous and just ridiculous show of all time:francis:

shyt is made like gay meth heads write it