Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
The fact that Kenya reminds me of Dame Dash actually makes him entertaining to me. The show is exactly what I expected. Only on the fourth episode tho

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think if he shortens the episodes for next season (hopefully there is one), it will fair better overall. Blackish is about 20 minutes with commercials; this is 35-40+ minutes straight that you have to consistently bring jokes. It’s tough. Still really enjoying it, and I was a person who had very low hopes for it.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
100% of the shows on Netflix have the racist white liberal slant.

Does not matter if the creator of said show or movie is black.

Them cacs make DAMN sure the slant and agenda is in.

Real close to getting rid of Netflix and DL anything from them off the free movie websites...

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
It took some time for it to grow on me during the first few episodes. Very curb your enthusiasm-ish. U enjoy it more when u don't have expectations and let it be its own type of show. Still feels weird when the dad and his kids curse back n forth...got me like oh that's some new black right there

But I also like watching rich black people on TV. Its called programming for a reason. I don't want to see black people in middle class / struggle settings all the time. Their house looks amazing. I'm a fan of the Acura too

So fuk it I'll keep watching just cuz variety and how many black shows really show rich black people having quirky rich people problems?

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It took some time for it to grow on me during the first few episodes. Very curb your enthusiasm-ish. U enjoy it more when u don't have expectations and let it be its own type of show. Still feels weird when the dad and his kids curse back n forth...got me like oh that's some new black right there

But I also like watching rich black people on TV. Its called programming for a reason. I don't want to see black people in middle class / struggle settings all the time. Their house looks amazing. I'm a fan of the Acura too

So fuk it I'll keep watching just cuz variety and how many black shows really show rich black people having quirky rich people problems?
You’d probably like Empire if you don’t already watch it

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
what a lot of y'all failed to understand is this show would of never made it on Netflix unless it had white writers on the staff they're not going to let you have a entire staff of black people and have your show on their service they're not going to let you do it.

That is why people not fukking with it.

I'm not going to have a show called black AF and have five to six white writers and directors on:mjlol:

And try to act like this for the people in the trenches or some shyt...

The creator of the show simply sold out.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
You’d probably like Empire if you don’t already watch it
Funny thing I liked most of the first season but then it got soap opera-ish and then the gay angle started feeling forced....so I stopped watching but still respect the art for putting black actors on

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What black family let’s their children go 4 days without bathing? Plus they have staff at the house and the mom doesn’t work. This is bullshyt.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
It’s entertaining

but it’s almost shamelessly like Black-ish

I know he took a shot at himself by having his daughter call him a “one trick pony”.

but the history lessons...I mean, they already had a whole Blackish ep on Juneteenth, then he does one on BlackAF.