Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:dwillhuh:

She explicitly says that she identifies as multiracial, and she identified as black while at Harvard.

This post received +130 daps without mentioning the fact that 4 of writers are black, including the creator/director who happens to be the lead role.

Some of y’all just post and co-sign anything without double checking.
U dumb c00n a show called "BlackAf" should have no white writers
Let alone 3:dead:

fukking thousands of white shows that have zero Black writers out here :dead:

I swear u white posters mane:skip:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
After the first two episodes it finds its rhythm. Episodes 5-8 were VERY good in my opinion.

Maybe its because I knew what to expect going in, but the only thing I found cringe was the kids being so disrespectful. I understand being a rebellious teen but calling your FATHER a dikk? Call me old fashioned but thats not something i’ve ever seen in even the most liberal of black families.

Other than the over the top disrespect from the kids, its what everyone else already said, its the “Real” Black-ish. And thats not a bad thing. Episode 5 was the best episode, and you can tell its one Kenya felt strongly about the subject matter. I feel like the show would be best served in later seasons by being more of a “fly on the wall of successful black creator in Hollywood” than as “Black Modern Family”. The scenes with the writer’s room, the scenes with Tyler Perry, the scenes with dissecting his feelings on the film he hated, the scenes with Will Packer, Ava Duvernay, Issa Rae, and Lena Waithe. THAT was unique, fresh, and interesting in perspective and execution.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am personally very uncomfortable with the flippant way slavery is referenced/described in Hollywood comedy. They’ve been successful in desensitizing people of all backgrounds to the seriousness of it.

They would never ever make light of the holocaust in any way shape or form. Could you imagine a gentile writer making the holocaust version of Django???

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I am personally very uncomfortable with the flippant way slavery is referenced/described in Hollywood comedy. They’ve been successful in desensitizing people of all backgrounds to the seriousness of it.

They would never ever make light of the holocaust in any way shape or form. Could you imagine a gentile writer making the holocaust version of Django???
I guess you haven’t watched the movie Jojo Rabbit. It came out last year and one of the main characters is a goofy imaginary version of Hitler

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess you haven’t watched the movie Jojo Rabbit. It came out last year and one of the main characters is a goofy imaginary version of Hitler

Hmm, true. But they never touch upon the concentration camps themselves. I haven’t seen that film, so you can correct me if I’m wrong, but these films will mock Hitler and the Axis leaders, while leaving their victims alone entirely. I literally cannot imagine a non Jewish cac getting away with a running joke called “because of the Holocaust”.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Ignorant as fukk breh. He named the episodes that way because they're composed of the material that ABC wouldn't let him run on Black-ish cause they thought White folk would be shook if he talked about slavery too much. He brings up the actual generational effects of slavery repeatedly on the show. Literally did it for the exact opposite reason you trying to front.

I'd love to see what some of y'all Netflicks histories look like, as hard as y'all go on a Black-run show on here.

And he gets clowned for it. The mother and daughter are like "here he goes again" and "we try to ignore him" when he goes on his rants.
That comment he made on how "jews are white".
I wonder how much heat he will get for that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Hmm, true. But they never touch upon the concentration camps themselves. I haven’t seen that film, so you can correct me if I’m wrong, but these films will mock Hitler and the Axis leaders, while leaving their victims alone entirely. I literally cannot imagine a non Jewish cac getting away with a running joke called “because of the Holocaust”.

"Life is Beautiful" is a Holocaust comedy set in the concentration camps with plenty of physical comedy and goofiness. It's one of the most famous Holocaust films ever.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"Life is Beautiful" is a Holocaust comedy set in the concentration camps with plenty of physical comedy and goofiness. It's one of the most famous Holocaust films ever.

Dapped and repped. Never a bad thing to be proven wrong. It still never quite feels right that slavery is a frequent punchline or treated like a joke by Hollywood writers.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
It's funny, you guys rip on Insecure on here, but 8/13 writers on that show have been black, the show was created by black artists, half of the production team is black, they routinely use black guest directors, and it's set in a black neighborhood of Los Angeles that certainly isn't usually shown with LA on television...

Insecure is authentic and black as fukk, created by and for black people, and yall rip it...

I'm gonna at least check this show out, but off the rip it's not even working with the kind of infrastructure as at least some other shows yall love to hate...

You need to save your breath breh.
Coli brehs hate her because she is darker skinned black chick who is part African.
They call her a c00n for no reason what so ever.

She is getting married to black breh who is part African too.
They wanted her to swirl so bad so they could hate on her even more. LOL.