Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Can someone explain the dialogue that the daughter said?

She is describing the house and she says it is really nice.

Then she says "it is a really nice house for black people which makes it less nice"

WTF?

ETA: There alot of self loathing from Kenya in this show, which I think he acknowledges.
It is not a good look for black folk.

Self loathing works for the Jews because well you know. :ld:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
I'm curious what black shows our coli film connoisseurs here actually watch and enjoy? They can't all be throwbacks

Can we address the cursing back and forth? Its funny when the adults do it when the kids aren't around, but I cringe when the daughters curse back at dads

I can't believe Tyler Perry is the voice of reason in this show.

Had me thinking finally someone with some damn sense. He even ironically says to play to your niche. Stop trying to impress white people lol.

I like the premise of rich black people problems tho. Chris Rock does these jokes best. He should write for this.

This show is clearly not for everyone. It's black-ish foundation with curb your enthusiasm rich ppl jokes produced with the office style metaspeak sitdowns

Its a lot for some people to take in.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I haven't read all ten pages but there are several black writers on this show according to IMDB
#BlackAF (TV Series 2020– ) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Alison+McDonald+45th+Annual+Daytime+Creative+wKzTsjBB6KOl.jpg

Alison McDonald
esa-lewis-and-amy-keith-during-jean-paul-gaultier-fleur-du-male-at-picture-id109669150
Esa Lewis
ccsu_tnl_02_003_standup.jpg

Malik S.
Dpq_RedXgAAXjX_.jpg

Doug Hall
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F04%2Fblackaf-kenya-barris-netflix-comedy-series-4.jpg

Rashida Jones and Kenya Barris are executive producers.

It doesn't surprise me that the white people pretending to be black on the coli have a problem with a show that shows Black wealth and black middle class.

Black people having money makes them uncomfortable and they don't like the head writer from Black-ish because Kenya dealt with race issues on the show.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
how accurate is this to black life where the majority of us have lost jobs due to this pandemic and don't know enough white people to get jobs back or confer in these kinds of environments?:hhh:

you nikkas need to stop using extreme outliers to define black life.:martin:

it's like y'all refuse too accept our position in society as an underclass. this is what allows cacs and these other groups to leap-frog off of any grassroots movements we create.

our refusal to accept that we have it worse than anyone else, and it isn't our fault.

you can only challenge your position once you understand it.

What did you think of the Cosby show?

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
But when those Mr Porter sales drop you gotta be focused :wow:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock I believe Donald Glover said this joke or something like it first. I specifically remember him saying that he gets turned on when non black women call him “ni**er” in bed. He also has a non black partner while Issa is engaged to a black man. But y’all love Donald. This is hypocritical...especially when Donald is more likely a believer of what he said.

Yeah I remember the Donald Glover comments and he's insulated from widespread hate on here...

Issa has proven her money is where her mouth is in regards to being for black causes. Putting that comment about Asian men in her book was poor taste, in my opinion, but if we're gonna keep the energy equal here Gambino and a bunch more of our celebs need to held to the fire first...

Ya?

Banned
Daps
@murksiderock I believe Donald Glover said this joke or something like it first. I specifically remember him saying that he gets turned on when non black women call him “ni**er” in bed. He also has a non black partner while Issa is engaged to a black man. But y’all love Donald. This is hypocritical...especially when Donald is more likely a believer of what he said.
They are more critical of BW for things they will give each other passes for...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
All right finished the first episode
Not bad 7/10 a little preachy at times but kept my interest and was actually funny
I’m surprised since I don’t really like blackish that much
I’ll keep watching

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I haven't read all ten pages but there are several black writers on this show according to IMDB

Alison McDonald
esa-lewis-and-amy-keith-during-jean-paul-gaultier-fleur-du-male-at-picture-id109669150
Esa Lewis

Malik S.
Doug Hall
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F04%2Fblackaf-kenya-barris-netflix-comedy-series-4.jpg

It doesn't surprise me that the white people pretending to be black on the coli have a problem with a show that shows Black wealth and black middle class.

Black people having money makes them uncomfortable and they don't like the head writer from Black-ish because Kenya dealt with race issues on the show.
This entire post refutes nothing about what was posted in this thread. :dead:
And you posting like you dropping shyt to shut down this thread while admitting you didn't even read the thread is ironic and says it all about u.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Alison McDonald
Esa Lewis

Malik S.
Dpq_RedXgAAXjX_.jpg

Doug Hall

Quoted for emphasis

rep