Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
well it's television so I suspend my disbelief especially when there's an absurd amount of interracial dating on screen compared to reality.

TBH that's because television is made out of LA, that is reality in LA. No joke the majority of weddings I've attended in my life have been interracial. :pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This can LITERALLY only happen to black people.

A show LITERALLY called 'Black as fukk' written by white people.

Imagine a white rom com written only by black people. THIS WOULD N E V E R be allowed to happen by white people.

How fukking BLIND are we actually supposed to be?

We spend time on IG looking at bullshyt... while they plot how to tell our narrative for us.

Shyt. We're more to blame for allowing this shyt than these cacs are for jumping at the opportunity. Sickening. And the c00ns that say yes to the check: fukk em. Then again even Jay sold out for an NFL check..
No black writers? :dahell:
full
Is this confirmed? :whoa: I’ll turn it off right now

edit; only confirmed writer is Kenya Barris as per IMDB :gucci:

All these reactions and some of y'all going on whole-ass rants based on shyt someone posted on the first page. :mjlol:

The show's creator, producer, director, writer, star Kenya Barris is BLACK, born and raised in Inglewood, went to school at Clark Atlanta. It is 100% his vision cause he's writing about his own damn life. It ain't no white people show jumping on a Black vibe, y'all gotta be ignorant as hell of the show's origins to believe that shyt. :francis:

The main showrunner/writer is Black and 4 of the 8 writers in total are Black. The White writers posted on the first page are only responsible for 3 of the 8 episodes, and they're all people he brought over from his other shows, writers he trusted to execute what he was telling them to do. You really acting like some crabs on here right now, loading up white shows on Netflicks while you rip on a Black man's vision just because he has a handful of white employees. :scust:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I told yall this show isn't for black people lol.

All these new shows with black faces are meant for white people or the small subset of millennial "well to do" blacks who spend all their time around white people.
Kenya Barris always kisses up to cacs, for example
Black-ish - Junior taking a stand against discrimination because a white woman was told to sit at the back of the bus because of her skis.
Grown-ish - Aaron is routinely clowned for being "too pro black".
Black AF - Naming every episode like black people use slavery as an excuse instead of an actual trauma.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black-ish - Junior taking a stand against discrimination because a white woman was told to sit at the back of the bus because of her skis.
Black AF - Naming every episode like black people use slavery as an excuse instead of an actual trauma.
He explains the actual traumas throughout the season. Touches on real black fatherhood also which is never done on TV.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ignorant as fukk breh. He named the episodes that way because they're composed of the material that ABC wouldn't let him run on Black-ish cause they thought White folk would be shook if he talked about slavery too much. He brings up the actual generational effects of slavery repeatedly on the show. Literally did it for the exact opposite reason you trying to front.

I'd love to see what some of y'all Netflicks histories look like, as hard as y'all go on a Black-run show on here.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ignorant as fukk breh. He named the episodes that way because they're composed of the material that ABC wouldn't let him run cause they thought White folk would be shook if he talked about slavery too much. He brings up the actual generational effects of slavery repeatedly on the show. Literally did it for the exact opposite reason you trying to front.

I'd love to see what some of y'all Netflicks histories look like, as hard as y'all go on a Black-run show on here.
The same critics on here (and on Twitter) love Larry David, Modern Family, Friends, and Sex in the City; shows that literally have a handful of blacks in 1000+ episodes combined. It’s the same type of people who used to say The Cosby Show and Fresh Prince aren’t representative of black people.

They’d rather spend their time arguing if Rashida Jones and Steph Curry are black than take the time to actually watch the show.

I’d also love to see their watch history because the “black” shows they claim to love (The Carmichael Show being one of them) get canceled after 1 or 2 seasons. Internet haters don’t even support the things they claim to love.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
All these reactions and some of y'all going on whole-ass rants based on shyt someone posted on the first page. :mjlol:

The show's creator, producer, director, writer, star Kenya Barris is BLACK, born and raised in Inglewood, went to school at Clark Atlanta. It is 100% his vision cause he's writing about his own damn life. It ain't no white people show jumping on a Black vibe, y'all gotta be ignorant as hell of the show's origins to believe that shyt. :francis:

The main showrunner/writer is Black and 4 of the 8 writers in total are Black. The White writers posted on the first page are only responsible for 3 of the 8 episodes, and they're all people he brought over from his other shows, writers he trusted to execute what he was telling them to do. You really acting like some crabs on here right now, loading up white shows on Netflicks while you rip on a Black man's vision just because he has a handful of white employees. :scust:

wooooo this was tasty. came with some true facts. :wow:

but rashida jones is the c00n they used to fuel this stupid ass show and title and everything to do with it.

fck rashida jones for life even her shadow is light grey.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
My issue, the show isn’t funny or well acted. I was telling my wife this would have been much better done if he had made Real Husbands of Hollywood spin off. Have all those couples with their families. It would have made it a black version of Curb but with family issues.

The daughter narrator sucks. The kids are bad actors.

Kenya and rashida have zero chemistry.

Kenya could have done better. He needs some new voices around him. He could have got some young minds off social media to work with him.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
My issue, the show isn’t funny or well acted. I was telling my wife this would have been much better done if he had made Real Husbands of Hollywood spin off. Have all those couples with their families. It would have made it a black version of Curb but with family issues.

Kenya could have done better. He needs some new voices around him. He could have got some young minds off social media to work with him.

I'm thru two episodes and not feeling it at all, for all of the reasons you indicated...

Off the strength of my respect for @Rhakim, he and some other posters says it gets better going forward, so I'll watch some more. There's a lot wrong with this show...

Probably no bigger issue than it seems too much like a retread of Blackish, like we don't need an R-rated version of Blackish. I for one am a fan of Blackish, particularly the first 3-4 seasons, and love its creativity, originality, acting, and humor, I'm not one of the guys who dislikes Blackish. The problem is Blackish is fine as is, this continued expansion of the "Blackish cinematic universe" didn't need to be done, but if you were gonna do it, coulda been done more creatively...

The acting isn't good, Kenya's talent isn't in front of the screen. And while there are apparently black writers on here, it is lacking a realism and authenticity to it and comes off as minstrelsy. I had maybe two chuckles, the shyt is overall lacking in comedy, and is more #cringeAF than #blackAF....just from the first two episodes there are definitely better depictions of black lifestyle and family on television...

Blackish was fine and perfect for what it is. This shyt wasn't needed. I'll watch some more since people are saying it gets better but my initial review is about a 2 outta 10. We cool with the black man getting his money but the art isn't good...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I'm thru two episodes and not feeling it at all, for all of the reasons you indicated...

Off the strength of my respect for @Rhakim, he and some other posters says it gets better going forward, so I'll watch some more. There's a lot wrong with this show...

Probably no bigger issue than it seems too much like a retread of Blackish, like we don't need an R-rated version of Blackish. I for one am a fan of Blackish, particularly the first 3-4 seasons, and love its creativity, originality, acting, and humor, I'm not one of the guys who dislikes Blackish. The problem is Blackish is fine as is, this continued expansion of the "Blackish cinematic universe" didn't need to be done, but if you were gonna do it, coulda been done more creatively...

The acting isn't good, Kenya's talent isn't in front of the screen. And while there are apparently black writers on here, it is lacking a realism and authenticity to it and comes off as minstrelsy. I had maybe two chuckles, the shyt is overall lacking in comedy, and is more #cringeAF than #blackAF....just from the first two episodes there are definitely better depictions of black lifestyle and family on television...

Blackish was fine and perfect for what it is. This shyt wasn't needed. I'll watch some more since people are saying it gets better but my initial review is about a 2 outta 10. We cool with the black man getting his money but the art isn't good...

Wait wait wait, just hold on a minute.

I'm only caping for the show as being from the beginning Kenya's vision and under his control. I'm standing up for an Inglewood breh when fools on here were trying to credit white people with HIS show. Aesthetics are all y'alls own personal call - it was other folk who were saying it got better, I haven't seen it through yet.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Strong post.
Groupthink is easier than thoughtful analysis. Black people denigrating other blacks is a sport here. Absolutely depressing.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Great breakdown bruh, you really highlighted my issues with the show as well.

I watched the first two episodes and although I did get a couple laughs, there were long stretches of the show where I didn’t laugh for 15-20 minutes and the shows only like 32-33 minutes.

I didn’t get a c00n vibe from the show but I don’t wanna hear this nikka whining about white people cause he’s a rich and successful black man for two damn episodes straight. NONE of his kids are funny or have any charisma at all. Even if nikkas think Black-ish is corny, every single one of the cast members are GREAT actors and make funny ass scenes. They also have great chemistry together and are all charismatic as hell, which this show has none of.

I also hate black shows that have to EXPLAIN shyt to white people. Like when they were talking about thot and other “black” vocab. So fukking cringe. And then the name dropping... every scene he was name dropping some white or black celeb. He does this a lot on Black ish as well but on this show it’s just annoying. I get why he does it and why it adds to the content of the show but it’s still wack. I might give it another episode just to see if the chemistry comes together and the writing improves but I doubt I’ll be watching this show like that. It just doesn’t seem that good.