Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This show is funny so far. Im 2 episodes in and Kenya moves like a coli poster.

Repeatedly says he hates whites but continually fukks with them
Stunts every minute of his life but hates stereotypes
Smart dumb nikka rants that nearly make sense
Questions whether or not he is a c00n
6 figures gang
:ohhh:

he stole the colis flow, word for word, bar for bar:damn:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I'm 6 episodes in...wow episode 5 was dropping some heat with Tyler Perry.

The good
- it's an extension of blackish which is a good thing
- the writing i will say is ok but the good thing is that they're bringing up important topics like blackish does
- the supporting actors have been good so far, mike Epps and that tall dude from snowfall and the dude on the grill

The bad
- lord that 1 camera shot where they keep swinging the camera around has given me a headache
- handheld cameraman is shaky AF.. I looked up a clip of the office and it's not noticeable there. This is really distracting.
- scenes are long - dialogue heavy with few cuts and the long distance shots are not helping.
-im not feeling Kenya Barris as an actor. His voice is high pitched and there isn't any inflection to his voice. I'm half way there on Rashada Jones.

IN NO WAY IS THIS A c00n SHOW. how can twitter give an honest impression when most of them ain't even watch the whole series. Most of the crap they were saying was from the first 2 episodes.

Do not fall for the con. Watch episode 5 if your not sure about committing. Everything ya spoke about in this thread is in the series. For example, they had an episode about how black men are depicted as absent/bad black fathers. The way they set that up from start to finish was well done and important. How can you hate on that? How is that c00nin?

I don’t think it’s a c**n show, but it was a really weird moment when he asked that. Like he opened the show feeling self-conscious about being Black when no one said or did anything to him. And his speeches when again, no one in particular questioned his Blackness. He was insecure about having a nicer car than someone white doing better than him? Then he asked if he was one. It was really inorganic.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This shyt was a waste of black show.

acting is horrible writing is just as bad.

he comes off as a privileged whining bytch nikka. Also gives credence to white folks stereotype that blacks even blacks with privilege complain about everything and need safe spaces.

I literally haven’t laughed once.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Never seen the show, she has c00n tendencies though

Nah Insecure is arguably the best active black show on TV. And its authentic, created and written by blacks from LA, not some transplanted nikkas or whites speaking about LA in their perspective...

And Issa is a sister, sister. She's Afrocentric in real life and that is part of her character's personality, too. You should give it a watch. I really just watched it over 3-4 days in the last week, after hearing about it for years. It's as good as any other comedy or sitcom on TV; it's not perfect but its damn good....

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Rashida Jones flat ass is distracting. They needed to get a less boyish looking mom. She doesn’t look like she has ever birthed a child.

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
Nah Insecure is arguably the best active black show on TV. And its authentic, created and written by blacks from LA, not some transplanted nikkas or whites speaking about LA in their perspective...

And Issa is a sister, sister. She's Afrocentric in real life and that is part of her character's personality, too. You should give it a watch. I really just watched it over 3-4 days in the last week, after hearing about it for years. It's as good as any other comedy or sitcom on TV; it's not perfect but its damn good....

:mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The Coli hated Black-ish as well before it premiered :russ:

Then most did a 180...

I think Kenya has earned some benefit of the doubt by now.

* With that being said, If he doesnt have black writers, thats wack as fukk
Blackish corny as shyt :dead:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Lmao @ the logical leaps needed to come to such a ludicrous conclusion. Aight I'm out...my bad for quoting you. Continue on...

you stay safe out here
shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
This show is funny so far. Im 2 episodes in and Kenya moves like a coli poster.

Repeatedly says he hates whites but continually fukks with them
Stunts every minute of his life but hates stereotypes
Smart dumb nikka rants that nearly make sense
Questions whether or not he is a c00n
6 figures gang
It hasn't been funny to me so far (cuz I can't stand useless whining) but this is the best post in the thread :pachaha:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I don’t think it’s a c**n show, but it was a really weird moment when he asked that. Like he opened the show feeling self-conscious about being Black when no one said or did anything to him. And his speeches when again, no one in particular questioned his Blackness. He was insecure about having a nicer car than someone white doing better than him? Then he asked if he was one. It was really inorganic.
I definitely feel he's insecure and that's the way he writes because he does the same thing on black-ish. Instead of setting up a scene where it's a bit more nuanced, he goes heavy hand and preaches instead of showing. And you right all I'm saying is that inorganic is his style/brand. He just puts it out there. If I didn't watch black-ish I would feel the same way.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
glamour3.jpg

glamour4.jpg

glamour5.jpg

glamour6.jpg

It always seemed strange to me how Rashida could claim she could pass, she can't.
Hell Halle Berry doesn't pass.
Jennifer Beals is the only famous mix breed that actually passes for white, but she goes out of her way to let people know she is black.
:dwillhuh:

She explicitly says that she identifies as multiracial, and she identified as black while at Harvard.

Because this show is for white people.

Look at the writers

segal-headshot.jpg

schamis-headshot.jpg

Hale+Rothstein+bNgcfjRLIPnm.jpg

0xX7NSOZ_400x400.jpg
This post received +130 daps without mentioning the fact that 4 of writers are black, including the creator/director who happens to be the lead role.

Some of y’all just post and co-sign anything without double checking.