Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished up episode 4.

I’ll give a full analysis once I finish all 8 episodes.

But so far there’s some REALLY good stuff mixed in with a little cringe. But overall there’s absolutely nothing “c00nish” about the show. Its literally what Blackish would’ve been if Blackish started out on Netflix instead of ABC.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
aight, I tried the show out

It's corny and forced like I thought, has the same vibe of black-ish, but I don't understand why this was made

It's like a black-ish/modern family show

It picks up and gets a tad bit better in episode 4 and 5

They have good themes, but I feel like these could've been used in black-ish

They nailed the annoying, stuck up white nuanced white woman in episode 4.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I laughed at the outfit Nike and Adidas mix clowning, small serial killer. The dialogue is lot, I’ve seen characters have breathy moments getting out their mouthful. His voice is too dulcet for the f-bombs imo and I’m not getting the music choices?

One thing about the title is that it forces you to ask if the show is about a Black family and their experiences or is it about Blackness, which feels more like a Ken Burns project. I’ll keep watching through the eps. Whoever said Modern Family is spot on, I haven’t watched much of Black-ish at all.

I don’t like the way the dad dresses. 40 in Cali wearing sweats all the time :ld:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Ep. 3.....Pops really is a coli poster. He got 6 kids, 6 figures and i bet he got 6 cars too:wow:

This negro spent 3 episodes going back and forth about keeping that damn gold robe.:russ:
He cant control the woman in his household, his wife is a legit bad parent, oldest daugter convinced mom to let the youngest thot on the gram:mjlol:. He sons are fukking weird and his homie knows it. They even played out thr :ufdup: scene.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
glamour3.jpg

glamour4.jpg

glamour5.jpg

glamour6.jpg

It always seemed strange to me how Rashida could claim she could pass, she can't.
Hell Halle Berry doesn't pass.
Jennifer Beals is the only famous mix breed that actually passes for white, but she goes out of her way to let people know she is black.
She was trending on twitter
Like I said in my tweet, Kidada was just more intuned with her black side than Rashida

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It's funny, you guys rip on Insecure on here, but 8/13 writers on that show have been black, the show was created by black artists, half of the production team is black, they routinely use black guest directors, and it's set in a black neighborhood of Los Angeles that certainly isn't usually shown with LA on television...

Insecure is authentic and black as fukk, created by and for black people, and yall rip it...

I'm gonna at least check this show out, but off the rip it's not even working with the kind of infrastructure as at least some other shows yall love to hate...
Never seen the show, she has c00n tendencies though

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The Coli hated Black-ish as well before it premiered :russ:

Then most did a 180...

I think Kenya has earned some benefit of the doubt by now.

* With that being said, If he doesnt have black writers, thats wack as fukk
blackish is damn near corny and can sometimes be bad itself, so that is not saying anything.

Plus alot of coli nikkas dont like blackish, you can make a poll and see for yourself