European vs North American description of the Moors

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I don't get what this has to do with the topic since its going off-topic. No I'm not off Moorish descent and it doesn't have an impact on this topic. I already told why topics like these are argued; to put the Moors rightly back in an African context where it belongs along with Ancient Egypt since theres a bias myth that North Africa always has been an extension of Europe or the Middle East. We as Africanist or students of Africa who study the history of Africa in full depth try to fix those mistakes. That is our purpose. That is that triggers these types of reactions. I would congratulate a person who is a student of Indian history for properly placing Indian history where it belongs and fixing the errors of Eurocentrism that has tried to claim the history of India as that of Aryan or Caucasoid.

Thanks for answering the questions.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Thanks for answering the questions.

Yes to fix the errors of Eurocentricsm and because African history in general interest us. When you study African history in depth you get a more understanding of Africans and people of African descent in general; and also that people of African descent were not helpless people, but also made contributions to the world themselves e.g the Moors, Ancient Egyptians, Ethiopians, Nubians, Malians, Swahili's, etc.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I don't see West Africa on that list....

ALL of these White slaves but some are acting like Bantu slaves were the majority? Odd.

So the Bantu who were enslaved were from Northeast Africa and not West Africa? Why should a West African mark off points for what the Berbers did?

So not only did Arabs overlap physically with Blacks but Moor meant Black and Berber phenotype is indigenous to Africa? Berbers aren't Black yall :troll:

tippu-tip.jpg

220px-TippuTipSlavetrader.jpg

colonial-official-with-arab-dignitaries-on-the-right-is-tippu-tip-the-most-renowned-arab-slave-and-ivory-trader-died-in-1905-in-zanzibar-tanzania.jpg

hvw1901e2.jpg

He isn't Black, he is Arab :troll:

:salute: big ups breh

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Yes to fix the errors of Eurocentricsm and because African history in general interest us. When you study African history in depth you get a more understanding of Africans and people of African descent in general; and also that people of African descent were not helpless people, but also made contributions to the world themselves e.g the Moors, Ancient Egyptians, Ethiopians, Nubians, Malians, Swahili's, etc.

Well, I don't think anyone in this day and age really believes that they were "helpless people", I think that some people interpret the lack of interest in the subject altogether as a way of saying that they weren't as influential as the more dominant groups that were.For some odd reason, some people seem to take that personally as an insult.

As for myself, I recently took a DNA test and received the results a few days ago and discovered that I was largely (in the genetic sense) descended from the Congo, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin and Mali (all in various percentages in that order)..anyway, I honestly could not care less of what they did or did not contribute to the Western World, I tend to find my interest in them largely rooted in their cultural autonomy. But I really could care less if the Congolese (for example) sailed across the ocean in large ships or invaded Europe at any particular time.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Well, I don't think anyone in this day and age really believes that they were "helpless people", I think that some people interpret the lack of interest in the subject altogether as a way of saying that they weren't as influential as the more dominant groups that were.

Name these dominant groups.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
How? Western Europe didn't have any empire before 1500 AD :ohhh:
LOL fishing for another argument. I'm not here to debate about the accuracy of your info...

KidStrangle simply explained the reason he thought it was important to study Africa's history and interpret it in the format that he does...and that's perfectly fine.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
LOL fishing for another argument. I'm not here to debate about the accuracy of your info...

KidStrangle simply explained the reason he thought it was important to study Africa's history and interpret it in the format that he does...and that's perfectly fine.

:ahh:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Well, I don't think anyone in this day and age really believes that they were "helpless people", I think that some people interpret the lack of interest in the subject altogether as a way of saying that they weren't as influential as the more dominant groups that were.

There has never been one dominant group in history my friend. If you're talking about Western Europe then their rise to power only came during the industrial Revolution. There were many dominant people in history.

For some odd reason, some people seem to take that personally as an insult.
How so?

As for myself, I recently took a DNA test and received the results a few days ago and discovered that I was largely (in the genetic sense) descended from the Congo, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin and Mali (all in various percentages in that order)..anyway, I honestly could not care less of what they did or did not contribute to the Western World, I tend to find my interest in them largely rooted in their cultural autonomy. But I really could care less if the Congolese (for example) sailed across the ocean in large ships or invaded Europe at any particular time.
Is not about caring but taking an interest in the history by studying it. You don't even have to be of African descent to be an Africanist or of Chinese descent to have an interest in Chinese history. The author of 1421 Gavin Menzies is white yet he has a big interest in Chinese history more interested in his own. Again its only about interest.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously don't get why people are having a hard time coming to mind that the majority of slaves during the period of the Moors were Christian European slaves?

because we live in a world that projects white superiority and black inferiority into the minds of every individual. its so bad that these cacs would sooner believe aliens built the pyramids than black folks. its a disease of the mind brehs. i don't about the curing cacs. but we should cure our own because we are just as susceptible to it.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh @KidStranglehold, please just read the book I linked you to I can add more books if you'd like cuz some of that shyt I just read was ridiculous. LMFAO@the trans saharan slave trade not being linked to the Arab slave trade. Son, I'm holding back cuz you cool as a fam I don't want to pull cards in public like this.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh @KidStranglehold, please just read the book I linked you to I can add more books if you'd like cuz some of that shyt I just read was ridiculous. LMFAO@the trans saharan slave trade not being linked to the Arab slave trade. Son, I'm holding back cuz you cool as a fam I don't want to pull cards in public like this.

Trust me I'm holding back too since I think you're cool. What you're not getting is that the Trans Sahara Trade and Arab slave trade weren't the same trade. Not only that but the TST was not even controlled by Arabs but West Africans themselves.

1. I showed you two maps showing the two trades has totally different routes.
2. I showed you the slaves that were apart of the Arab slave trade weren't linked to the Trans Sahara trade.
3. But more importantly @Poitier showed in full detail that the two trades were not only extremely different but that European slaves were the primarily slaves taken by Arabs. And that West Africans were never linked with the Arab slave trade.

Again this was the Arab slave trade!
indian-ocean-slavetrade.jpg

As you can see there is no routes going into the Sahara, West Africa, Northwest Africa or Southern Europe. This is the trade in which the Zanj were involved in. No links to the Trans Sahara Trade...