Eurogamer:Microsoft still hasn't made the case for Xbox Series X

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And Netflix has been scrambling to stay alive.
The model works in the short term but not so much as a permanent solution. There’s a reason people still buy copies of movies, games, and even albums still.
Netflix was scrambling, but now they are fine. More than fine, netflix is the new at home cinema.

The people that buy physical copies of movies, games and albums are all old heads. :to: This younger gen doesn't want to have physical media unless it's a collectors edition.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Breh people have been saying Amazon and Netflix are bad for the longest time, you just haven't been paying attention. :francis:
they might complain, but pretty much all the alternatives are more expensive. cable is even worse when it comes to paying (a lot) for shyt you don't watch. and buying, or renting, individual movies adds up quick

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Netflix was scrambling, but now they are fine. More than fine, netflix is the new at home cinema.

The people that buy physical copies of movies, games and albums are all old heads. :to: This younger gen doesn't want to have physical media unless it's a collectors edition.
I didn’t mention physical media though :gucci: that’s a different conversation.
I agree Digital makes the most sense overall in terms of the benefit of convenience

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
And you didn’t get your monies worth? :dahell:
Me? Not really. I literally only watch...the office, parks and rec, Brooklyn 99, rick and morty, and Frazier. I’ve legit been considering just buying those series outright and cancelling the subs until they get more content I care to watch. I honestly don’t watch enough tv anyway to care that much. I’m clearly not Netflix’s core market.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't pay for any music subscription or TV. I SOMETIMES might pay for Netflix for a month but cancel it because I don't sit home and watch TV enough to justify paying the money. Gamepass is the same. I have way too much games to keep paying for Gamepass even if it's only $10~15 a month. I had Gamepass and the majority of the time I was playing Gears 5, Halo MCC or Halo 5. I ended up just buying Halo MCC on Steam since it was buggy on Gamepass(PC) and the few indie games that were on there were cool but again they can go on sale for $20 or less sometime and I'd just cop it then.

Edit:Forgot to mention I downloaded a few games on my Xbox One S and I only played Untitled Goose game for maybe 30 minutes and then I just never really jumped back on not because the game wasnt' fun but I just don't have time for all those games.

You know what Gamepass is good for? little kids who don't care about new games. I'd give a child who has tons of free time game pass.
:dwillhuh:

I don't see the problem with that, Sega channel was good for the same thing for me back in 94, but game pass also allows you to "try out games" for at least a month. So sure I could buy halo infinite, and some will, I could buy wasteland 3, and grounded, and some will. But already that 180 bucks on 3 game's and game pass has more than paid for itself already, and that's not including ori, or streets of rage 4 or carrion and a number of other games I would have had to purchase to play.

So it's not just good for little kids, or teens it's an good option for everyone. :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t mention physical media though :gucci: that’s a different conversation.
I agree Digital makes the most sense overall in terms of the benefit of convenience

Oh well that's a whole other can of worms that I have a gripe on, buy digital media and technically not owning it a lot of times.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Oh well that's a whole other can of worms that I have a gripe on, buy digital media and technically not owning it a lot of times.
Yeah. I was (and kind of still am) a huge “physical media” guy based on the idea of resale value and nostalgia. The older I get the less I care about those things. Also, I have a ton of space taken up in my house with toys, posters, movies, games etc. I like it...but could also use that space for other things. I don’t regret it by any stretch though. I have 3 kids (2 months, 5 years, and 14years). My 2 oldest game every day, and so does my wife. We each have our own tv and consoles. I say all that to say, physical discs doesn’t make financial sense. I could buy 4 copies of a game physically for $240 or two digital copies that can be played across 4 consoles for $120. That’s been my biggest driving factor in going digital these days.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’ll just leave this here:
Q0Pw81F.png

779.png

Ay I don't follow game shyt closely anymore. Are these real? I watched the gameplay trailer out of curiosity and didn't see these scenes. Are these official pics that the game studio released, or screen caps from footage?

:dwillhuh::mjlol:

CrookedAzzNikka

All Star
Daps
Ay I don't follow game shyt closely anymore. Are these real? I watched the gameplay trailer out of curiosity and didn't see these scenes. Are these official pics that the game studio released, or screen caps from footage?

:dwillhuh::mjlol:
First pic is an actual promo pic posted by Microsoft and the second is taken directly from the gameplay demo
:mjlol: