Eurogamer:Microsoft still hasn't made the case for Xbox Series X

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I’d argue they don’t need to make a case to sell their audience a box. They already made it with the spec sheet.

The argument (for most ppl) use to be “well do I buy ps or Xbox “ :patrice:

Now the argument is a lot more dynamic, with gamepass. Msft can have its cake and eat it too. They can sell 12tf to those that want it and (potentially) sell just game pass to those who only want a ps5 but may be interested in haloforzagears.

Even if ppl decide to leave the Xbox hardware behind, there is the potential for the player to keep their game pass subscription, where, in prior generations, once a console player left your hardware base, the company missed out on all potential money.

The point is to get you to buy game pass. Hence it called a games show case and not a series x show case.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’d argue they don’t need to make a case to sell their audience a box. They already made it with the spec sheet.

The argument (for most ppl) use to be “well do I buy ps or Xbox “ :patrice:

Now the argument is a lot more dynamic, with gamepass. Msft can have its cake and eat it too. They can sell 12tf to those that want it and (potentially) sell just game pass to those who only want a ps5 but may be interested in haloforzagears.

Even if ppl decide to leave the Xbox hardware behind, there is the potential for the player to keep their game pass subscription, where, in prior generations, once a console player left your hardware base, the company missed out on all potential money.

The point is to get you to buy game pass. Hence it called a games show case and not a series x show case.
:wow:

Someone that actually gets it.

Microsoft (lowkey) doesn't care if you by a series X or a xbox one (OVERALL) sure it'd be nice if out the gate the XsX is hot and keeps that momentum. But over all the goal is to provide a service and at the heart of that service is a console, however that console doesn't have to be the XsX, and the device you play your game on doesn't have to be a console.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These dudes know this, it's just not what they want to hear.

When you have a company actually going out there way to accompany the consumer and create a lane of their own, push the industry forward all while making money and all you get is click bait ads and articles from people asking whats the value or why they should get an xbox. Then it's just time to stop talking, nothing xbox say's or no matter how much value they provide it's not going to change these dudes minds.

Once the Ps5 and XsX, just let the 1st year of gaming and services speak for themselves. :manny:
I love how services is the new buzzword lately :mjlol:

Fans have had it up to here with the bad services on PS4 huh?

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:wow:

Someone that actually gets it.

Microsoft (lowkey) doesn't care if you by a series X or a xbox one (OVERALL) sure it'd be nice if out the gate the XsX is hot and keeps that momentum. But over all the goal is to provide a service and at the heart of that service is a console, however that console doesn't have to be the XsX, and the device you play your game on doesn't have to be a console.

Problem is, the worthiness of the game pass is dependent on the games and if Sony is pumping experiences that outclass what’s on gamepass it’ll be a problem for Microsoft. Them sacrificing the XBOX Series X for gamepass may turn out to be a losing proposition for them. Gamepass will be the service where you can play the latest AA games, the AAA will be on PS5. Microsoft straight turn Halo into a AA game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how services is the new buzzword lately :mjlol:

Fans have had it up to here with the bad services on PS4 huh?

Maybe new for y'all, I know me and a few others here have been talking about xbl, xcloud, and game pass for YEARS now.

Anyone actually paying attention or using Xbox stuff it's been pretty clear that's the direction they're going in because that's also the direction entertainment is going in.

It's only a new buzzword to PlayStation users.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, the worthiness of the game pass is dependent on the games and if Sony is pumping experiences that outclass what’s on gamepass it’ll be a problem for Microsoft. Them sacrificing the XBOX Series X for gamepass may turn out to be a losing proposition for them. Gamepass will be the service where you can play the latest AA games, the AAA will be on PS5. Microsoft straight turn Halo into a AA game.

Again if Sony's 1 maybe 2 triple a games every other year is all you want out of games along with a random sports or Ubisoft game. Then the PlayStation is perfect for you.

If you don't care about Sony's 1st party games or just want access to games ala something like Netflix or you want to play games from your phone, computer or tablet Xbox is for you.

The XsX is still gonna be the best system for the best running games.

There is no way personally I'm buying a ps5 at launch.

Especially when 2 years in the odds of there being a ps5 pro are extremely high

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
:wow: when Halo Infinite looks better and plays amazingly at launch, then proceeds to add MP, and Gamepass/Xcloud carries over to the new first party titles releasing all in abundance.

2billion subs here we come. :wow:

:francis: Just show me the damn price, Sony and MS.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
These dudes know this, it's just not what they want to hear.

When you have a company actually going out there way to accompany the consumer and create a lane of their own, push the industry forward all while making money and all you get is click bait ads and articles from people asking whats the value or why they should get an xbox. Then it's just time to stop talking, nothing xbox say's or no matter how much value they provide it's not going to change these dudes minds.

Once the Ps5 and XsX, just let the 1st year of gaming and services speak for themselves. :manny:

Lets not act like the only reason Xbox is even pursuing this angle is because Sony blew them the fukk out last gen after the bullshyt they tried to pull at the start.

Enjoy gamepass as it is right now, MS are going to try and turn every game into a GAAS with micro transactions... 10 year Halo, FAble MMO....