Eurogamer: Cyberpunks storytelling makes Xbox's Starfield seem ancient

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“y’all” didn’t say that.

Probably something you read in the shartfield thread.

Nnope plenty o you were getting at people for dropping the game before 10 hours and saying it picks up after, you wouldn’t know that cause you weren’t in the actual starfield thread.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was very critical of the game, but, from Day One, I gave them props on storytelling...despite hating Johnny still.

It blew me away to see how ppl dikk rode Skyrim over Dragon's Dogma, when the latter had so much more heart to it, from the quirky NPCs to the fleshed out class system and combat.
I've been trying to get into Skyrim for years...but got into DD on day one of playing it years ago.

I would pick Skyrim up for a couple hours and get bored.

The brehs started talking about DD and I played it straight through to the werid ass ending.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was very critical of the game, but, from Day One, I gave them props on storytelling...despite hating Johnny still.

I've been trying to get into Skyrim for years...but got into DD on day one of playing it years ago.

I would pick Skyrim up for a couple hours and get bored.

The brehs started talking about DD and I played it straight through to the werid ass ending.

Yeah, I’ve never been able to get into skyrim. Never got past the 10 hour mark in that game either.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
as a Cyberpunk defender, I remember people saying everything sucked, including the story. it's funny how the narrative changed
Who said the story sucked? The story and characters always got praise.
Which games have 40-50 hours of hand made content?

Not collectibles and shyt, but actual characters, missions, stories, levels, etc.
:dahell: Witcher series, any Rockstar game, any 4X game, any Larian rpg, any Bioware rpg...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who said the story sucked? The story and characters always got praise
Story, Characters, and NPC A.I. were the biggest criticisms of the game around launch. Check my other post in this thread
:dahell: Witcher series, any Rockstar game, any 4X game, any Larian rpg, any Bioware rpg...
So bout 5 games out of thousands. I think my percentage was fairly accurate :ehh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Story, Characters, and NPC A.I. were the biggest criticisms of the game around launch. Check my other post in this thread

So bout 5 games out of thousands. I think my percentage was fairly accurate :ehh:
Guys really in here acting like there weren't glaring holes in the story and an overall feeling that your decisions didn't matter in the end.

The gameplay and quality of life updates are nice, but they don't change the fact that the OG story has those same flaws.

Remember the voodoo boys and how they were basically unimportant to the overall campaign despite all the dialogue surrounding them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The story nor the characters changed for 2.0, they were always a cut above bethesda mannequins :dahell:

Its not even just how they’re written its how you interact with them, how they interact with the world, how they speak, etc. they aren’t just in these static talk boxes with their mouths moving like puppets, they act like actual people. All this stuff has been in cyberpunk from day one