Eurogamer: Cyberpunks storytelling makes Xbox's Starfield seem ancient

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
After having watched videos of how drastically different Skyrim looks after years of Modders doing Bethesda's job for them, I'm kinda pissed off they've been getting away with making "skeletal" games and tasking modders with the job of adding everything else to them.

It blew me away to see how ppl dikk rode Skyrim over Dragon's Dogma, when the latter had so much more heart to it, from the quirky NPCs to the fleshed out class system and combat.

Meanwhile, the former had some of the shyttiest combat I had ever had the displeasure of playing, and the NPCs were fukking boring as shyt. It took Mans1ayer's weird ass to breathe some life into them on Youtube.

Now I look at Modrim and see a third person action RPG that looks downright fun to play, and NPCs in new towns that have been fully voiced by indie VAs that put in more effort than the ppl Bethesda hired.

How they've managed to get by with the bare minimum for so long is beyond me.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
After having watched videos of how drastically different Skyrim looks after years of Modders doing Bethesda's job for them, I'm kinda pissed off they've been getting away with making "skeletal" games and tasking modders with the job of adding everything else to them.

It blew me away to see how ppl dikk rode Skyrim over Dragon's Dogma, when the latter had so much more heart to it, from the quirky NPCs to the fleshed out class system and combat.

Meanwhile, the former had some of the shyttiest combat I had ever had the displeasure of playing, and the NPCs were fukking boring as shyt. It took Mans1ayer's weird ass to make breathe some into them on Youtube.

Now I look at Modrim and see a third person action RPG that looks downright fun to play, and NPCs in new towns that have been fully voiced by indie VAs that put in more effort than the ppl Bethesda hired.

Agreed, at least people are holding them somewhat accountable for it now.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
starfield played it safe story wise. theres a lot of media covering that concept now. a LOT. they just fell in line

ive never seen no shyt (story) like cyberpunk. nothing i can think of off hand anyway

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
starfield played it safe story wise. theres a lot of media covering that concept now. a LOT. they just fell in line

ive never seen no shyt (story) like cyberpunk. nothing i can think of off hand anyway

Which is crazy when you think about it because there is A LOT of cyberpunk media out now but CP2077 still feels like it’s own unique setting and world

Like you could never confuse something like Bladerunner for Cyberpunk

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Meanwhile, the former had some of the shyttiest combat I had ever had the displeasure of playing, and the NPCs were fukking boring as shyt. It took Mans1ayer's weird ass to breathe some life into them on Youtube.

Starfield has more content than 99.9% of games to come out there’s nothing “skeletal” about it.

Bethesda games get mod support because they build a sandbox that’s worthy of people playing around in for years.

Only now, when there’s this agenda to trash starfield has mod support become a bad thing.:francis:

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I'm on some Leasy shyt real rap Same Man 2 coming out few weeks we acting out
giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s about 50 hours of hand made content.

Very few games have nearly as much content,

A random mission on a random planet has more detail than a main narrative mission in most games.

Where cyberpunk had about 3-4 side/companion missions that felt fully fleshed out. Skyrim has dozens.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There’s about 50 hours of hand made content.

Very few games have nearly as much content,

A random mission on a random planet has more detail than a main narrative mission in most games.

Where cyberpunk had about 3-4 side/companion missions that felt fully fleshed out. Skyrim has dozens.

this nikka here is good :dead:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Eurogamers actual review of cyberpunk

:wow:

What i said at the time against similar criticism.

And was told i was full of shyt at the time.

Now when it’s time to shyt on a different game you goofies and supposedly “respected sites” change your story and priorities.

It’s clear it’s all controversy for clicks and some of you fall for it every time :wow:

The games are very different despite both being RPGs. You could write multiple articles about what Starfield does better than Cyberpunk if that’s the agenda you wanted to present,

People already did it for Cyberpunk launch :wow:

Just ignore my Nephew

@Gizmo_Duck already exposed the agenda of the haters and basically ruined it for all the haters.

There’s no coming back from the damage he’s caused

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
this nikka here is good :dead:
Hey man, when the truth triggers you, thats on you to reconcile with yourself.

I liked cyberpunk, A LOT, maybe even still think it’s better than Starfield.

but i can also be honest about the strengths and weaknesses of each game.

We all know honesty is a foreign concept to you sony stan’s :manny: