Eurogamer: Cyberpunks storytelling makes Xbox's Starfield seem ancient

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s facts. I don’t give a mother fukk how much anyone loves Starfield. The stone cold objective truth and fact is the story in CP2077 is a better told and performed story. Let’s not even bring in Baldur’s Gate 3.

No amount of deflecting from them is going to change that either. The verdict is out l

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes are telling a whole lie if they sincerely feel the story telling in Cyberpunk 2077 is a cut above anything from Last Gen.

It is the epitome of just "good looks".

How the fukk can you play the questlines in the witcher 3 and with a straight fukking face claim the structure of
quests is "next gen" or "progressive" in Cyberpunk 2077 is BEYOND ME.

shyt, Starfield has more branching options than that game does.

Like mofuggas is lying clean through their fukking teeth right now.

*** I feel the plot is good in Cyberpunk 2077 but the delivery and structure was a huge stepback from The Witcher 3
they only sorta recaptured that magic in their latest expansion.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I jumped into CP 2077 after update 2.0. I immediately had to put it down after the first few hours. Not because it was bad, but because of how dated it made Starfield feel, a game that -- for all its' faults -- I still plan on seeing through to completetion. It really took me a couple of days to move past how archaic Starfield plays in comparison to CP2077. The way Cyberpunk's conversations flow with characters making subtle, realistic movements and facial expressions. The seamless travel. The density and life of Night City in comparison to say, New Atlantis. I'm enjoying it, but I know I can't go back to Cyberpunk until I'm done with Starfield.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I jumped into CP 2077 after update 2.0. I immediately had to put it down after the first few hours. Not because it was bad, but because of how dated it made Starfield feel, a game that -- for all its' faults -- I still plan on seeing through to completetion. It really took me a couple of days to move past how archaic Starfield plays in comparison to CP2077. The way Cyberpunk's conversations flow with characters making subtle, realistic movements and facial expressions. The seamless travel. The density and life of Night City in comparison to say, New Atlantis. I'm enjoying it, but I know I can't go back to Cyberpunk until I'm done with Starfield.

Yeah, its becoming clear that design wise these games are like a generation apart, at least. Then add on the writing, graphics, gameplay, etc.

After BG3 and now Cyberpunk I’ve lost all motivation to even play this shyt. I might pick it up early next year before the JRPG avalanche

Daps
Already got Starfield, so we'll see. Put 220 hrs on Skyrim so this game will get the time sink too most likely.

Should I get Cyberpunk on PS5 or Series X....or is performance the same on both?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Already got Starfield, so we'll see. Put 220 hrs on Skyrim so this game will get the time sink too most likely.

Should I get Cyberpunk on PS5 or Series X....or is performance the same on both?
I think they're about the same, maybe the Series X is a smidge better at times for FPS I seen but Idk. Get it wherever you feel like.