Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Nope..having a kid is more random than that..just cause it comes from u doesnt mean it IS u...the sex of a baby is not guaranteed..none of that..if anything the genetics would be too close and either the baby would come out deformed or might cancel itself out and u wont even be able to get pregnant..that or u would have a miscarraige everytime u got pregnant..in order for that theory to work..the plot would have required something else other than just time travel...

Actually, the baby was deformed. Jay was born with both reproductive systems. They covered that end.

And for those racking their brains over the beginning, or 1st time the baby was born, just remember that Jay was born with both reproductive systems. By that alone, they could be implying numerous scenarios. Jay could've already been carrying Jay, ie situations like someone carrying their twin. Jay could've also birthed Jay prior to sex, in some freak sex-conceiving explanation. I know that these things were never mentioned in the movie, but they aren't unfathomable.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Actually, the baby was deformed. Jay was born with both reproductive systems. They covered that end.

And for those racking their brains over the beginning, or 1st time the baby was born, just remember that Jay was born with both reproductive systems. By that alone, they could be implying numerous scenarios. Jay could've already been carrying Jay, ie situations like someone carrying their twin. Jay could've also birthed Jay prior to sex, in some freak sex-conceiving explanation. I know that these things were never mentioned in the movie, but they aren't unfathomable.
Yea u right the deformity shyt was explained I forgot...still tho..even with that being said..no matter if the baby was deformed or not u cant birth ur own self..unless something MORE than time travel is involved with the story...put it like this..I wouldve believed it more if it was put in the Matrix than in this movie..the movie left too many loose ends...doesnt even really explain what kind of world they were living in...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yea u right the deformity shyt was explained I forgot...still tho..even with that being said..no matter if the baby was deformed or not u cant birth ur own self..unless something MORE than time travel is involved with the story...put it like this..I wouldve believed it more if it was put in the Matrix than in this movie..the movie left too many loose ends...doesnt even really explain what kind of world they were living in...

You also can't travel through time, you know. But don't let your suspense of disbelief for one impossibility get in the way of not suspending your disbelief for another impossibility.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
also when jane got her uterus removed, they didnt have to change her into a man... i noticed that right when they did it.. i know plenty of girls who got there uterus removed.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You also can't travel through time, you know. But don't let your suspense of disbelief for one impossibility get in the way of not suspending your disbelief for another impossibility.
But Time Travel is more explainable of a concept and theory and its something that we are still active in trying to grasp...we know birthing ur own self is an impossibility cause we fully know how childbirth and conception works...like I said...u would have to add elements outside of time travel to the movie to make that birthing urself shyt work...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
also when jane got her uterus removed, they didnt have to change her into a man... i noticed that right when they did it.. i know plenty of girls who got there uterus removed.
I said the SAME shyt when I saw it..I know women PERSONALLY who have had a hysterectomy...they couldve just left her alone and she just wouldnt have had anymore children..

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I said the SAME shyt when I saw it..I know women PERSONALLY who have had a hysterectomy...they couldve just left her alone and she just wouldnt have had anymore children..
right... i looked at my girl and was like wtf, they dont have to do that shyt... women get them all the time.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Me and my wife both looked at eachother and said the same shyt...that whole part of the movie was distracting cause of it..like I said earlier in the thread...Looper was done way better..
i was going to put on looper but we saw inception and predistination within a week and my girl was like :whoa:... but real talk predistination makes no sense to me, they had something good going and dropped the ball... i tried to tell my girl the explanations that i get from here and shes like stop it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
i was going to put on looper but we saw inception and predistination within a week and my girl was like :whoa:... but real talk predistination makes no sense to me, they had something good going and dropped the ball... i tried to tell my girl the explanations that i get from here and shes like stop it.
Yea Looper was done WAY better..I actually think u would enjoy that one...

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
But Time Travel is more explainable of a concept and theory and its something that we are still active in trying to grasp...we know birthing ur own self is an impossibility cause we fully know how childbirth and conception works...like I said...u would have to add elements outside of time travel to the movie to make that birthing urself shyt work...

Time travel is more explainable a concept because people spend more time trying to explain it then they do with giving birth to yourself.

And it's laughable to say that you have to add elements outside of what the movie presents to make giving birth to yourself work, when you literally have to add (or ignore) elements outside of reality to make time travel work. Both concepts in the movie aren't further explained because neither of them is real. One of them just happens to be something we wish they were able to, while the other is something we hope will never happen to anyone.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Time travel is more explainable a concept because people spend more time trying to then they do with giving birth to yourself.

And it's laughable to say that you have to add elements outside of what the movie presents to make giving birth to yourself work, when you literally have to add (or ignore) elements outside of reality to make time travel work. Both concepts in the movie aren't further explained because neither of them is real. One of them just happens to be something we wish they were able to, while the other is something we hope will never happen to anyone.
Time Travel isn't real cause it's a concept were STILL trying to grasp...the DIFFERENCE in that vs giving birth to urself is this...WE DO know about childbirth...we know about how it works...so there's really no need to go further into the concept of giving birth to urself cause we know it's impossible..based on what we know about childbirth and conception in general...Time and Time Travel is different...it's impossible right now...yes...will it ever be possible..who knows...no one has ever done it..it's still a theory...childbirth ISNT...childbirth happens every second..minute..and hour of every day...the movie just presented certain things messy...it doesn't explain the world they live in...it was retarded for her to have to change into a man cause of a fukkin hysterectomy...that literally didn't even have to happen...there's plot holes fam..there's nothing done in the movie to show me or tell me WHY giving birth to urself is possible...there was TOO many loose ends in the movie..if u wanna ignore it...go ahead...but that doesn't mean I have to...I have no problem with the concept of giving birth to urself if they atleast TRIED to explain how it was possible...tell me they're in a fantasy world where things like that are possible..tell me SOMETHING...shyt wasn't thought out imo...iI understand leaving certain things up to interpretation...but dont give me the burden of actually having to finish ur movie plot for u...t is what it is..

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Time Travel isn't real cause it's a concept were STILL trying to grasp...the DIFFERENCE in that vs giving birth to urself is this...WE DO know about childbirth...we know about how it works...so there's really no need to go further into the concept of giving birth to urself cause we know it's impossible..based on what we know about childbirth and conception in general...Time and Time Travel is different...it's impossible right now...yes...will it ever be possible..who knows...no one has ever done it..it's still a theory...childbirth ISNT...childbirth happens every second..minute..and hour of every day...the movie just presented certain things messy...it doesn't explain the world they live in...it was retarded for her to have to change into a man cause of a fukkin hysterectomy...that literally didn't even have to happen...there's plot holes fam..there's nothing done in the movie to show me or tell me WHY giving birth to urself is possible...there was TOO many loose ends in the movie..if u wanna ignore it...go ahead...but that doesn't mean I have to...I have no problem with the concept of giving birth to urself if they atleast TRIED to explain how it was possible...tell me they're in a fantasy world where things like that are possible..tell me SOMETHING...shyt wasn't thought out imo...it is what it is..

There's nothing done in the movie to show or tell us why time travel is possible either, even though even modern science still can't even touch the very idea of making it happen.

And I have no problem telling you that they're in a fantasy world. Because it's a world where time travel is possible. Which is a fantasy.

With that out of the way, what we know about childbirth doesn't relate to what happens in the movie because with current technology creating a scenario to test whether a person could give birth to him/herself isn't possible, which means that it can't be proven or disproven to be possible.

And guess what? You can replace "give birth to him/herself" with "travel back and forth in time" in the situation above and you have the exact same argument. The exact. same. argument.