Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Supralapsarianism, infralapsarianism and total depravity

Its some sort of spin on these concepts and adam/eve imo but gotta rewatch for specifics of the plot so i can drop my explanation with reasonable certainty

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
just watched it again. i remain confused but i took notes the whole time this time. im working on this theory right now and cant work on it anymore

• Robertson and Jane were the original parents
  • Robertson had a bunch of girls in space corps..he was perhaps the original fizzle bomber
  • Robertson set the "parameters" based on a 1981 space travel invention date which was probably ducktales to cover his own ass.
  • Who fukkin knows how many of "them" are out there at this point? When Hawke and "John" went back to 1963, "John" asked where Robertson was..Hawke said 1985. The one that Hawke saved jumped to 2/21/1992 at 9:00 from the point of 3/2/1970 (8 months prior to Hawke and John meeting at the bar) that Hawke jumped to after leaving "John" with Jane. Those are perfect 22 year intervals (70-92, 63-85)..the burnt face looked happy to see Hawke while Hawke was mindblown..made me think there was perhaps another before Hawke that somehow knew Hawke wasn't the Fizzle Killer and was a step ahead of him and was onto Robertson.
  • The appearance of every baby born with the Jane of 1963 could diminish if every one under Robertson did that loop then decommissioned at some point. For instance, let's say "Fizzle Bomber" was Robertson's first son...he got tricked by Robertson to do the same thing and clean the evidence left behind to exonerate Robertson from trial..hunt this killer etc but was told his mission was to go meet and knock up Jane of 63 because she fit the characteristics of being the bomber herself (no parents, childhood, smart, vindictive etc etc) and show her love so she wouldnt go on to do this...then Fizzle Bomber and Jane 63 have Hawke. Fizzle Bomber sees Robertson like "John" saw Hawke and leaves Jane 63.
  • I cant think about it anymore at the moment but basically Robertson fukked Jane then made their kids go back in time and fukk Jane over and over again. Which would trap nearly all of them into the eternal damnation loop caused by the Depravity tenet of John Calvin's Predestination within Calvinism.
fukk this

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
just watched it again. i remain confused but i took notes the whole time this time. im working on this theory right now and cant work on it anymore

• Robertson and Jane were the original parents
  • Robertson had a bunch of girls in space corps..he was perhaps the original fizzle bomber
  • Robertson set the "parameters" based on a 1981 space travel invention date which was probably ducktales to cover his own ass.
  • Who fukkin knows how many of "them" are out there at this point? When Hawke and "John" went back to 1963, "John" asked where Robertson was..Hawke said 1985. The one that Hawke saved jumped to 2/21/1992 at 9:00 from the point of 3/2/1970 (8 months prior to Hawke and John meeting at the bar) that Hawke jumped to after leaving "John" with Jane. Those are perfect 22 year intervals (70-92, 63-85)..the burnt face looked happy to see Hawke while Hawke was mindblown..made me think there was perhaps another before Hawke that somehow knew Hawke wasn't the Fizzle Killer and was a step ahead of him and was onto Robertson.
  • The appearance of every baby born with the Jane of 1963 could diminish if every one under Robertson did that loop then decommissioned at some point. For instance, let's say "Fizzle Bomber" was Robertson's first son...he got tricked by Robertson to do the same thing and clean the evidence left behind to exonerate Robertson from trial..hunt this killer etc but was told his mission was to go meet and knock up Jane of 63 because she fit the characteristics of being the bomber herself (no parents, childhood, smart, vindictive etc etc) and show her love so she wouldnt go on to do this...then Fizzle Bomber and Jane 63 have Hawke. Fizzle Bomber sees Robertson like "John" saw Hawke and leaves Jane 63.
  • I cant think about it anymore at the moment but basically Robertson fukked Jane then made their kids go back in time and fukk Jane over and over again. Which would trap nearly all of them into the eternal damnation loop caused by the Depravity tenet of John Calvin's Predestination within Calvinism.
fukk this

I like your theory. I particularly enjoyed the parts where you're just making stuff up. Which is everything.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Everything you theorize about Robertson.

Thats why it was a theory. There was no initial physical description of the man that met Jane and Jane said she had no photos of anything...some of that is based on actual happenings in the movie..including how the fizzle bomber version of hawke tried to implicate Robertson..and also that Robertson said any trip outside of range or significant deviation would result in lethal injection..probably in fear of wiping out timeline(s) where Robertson got off scott-free. I tried to come up with something somewhat viable to explain the starting point other than 1 person birthed every version of themselves ad infinitum.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Thats why it was a theory. There was no initial physical description of the man that met Jane and Jane said she had no photos of anything...some of that is based on actual happenings in the movie..including how the fizzle bomber version of hawke tried to implicate Robertson..and also that Robertson said any trip outside of range or significant deviation would result in lethal injection..probably in fear of wiping out timeline(s) where Robertson got off scott-free. I tried to come up with something somewhat viable to explain the starting point other than 1 person birthed every version of themselves ad infinitum.

That's what happened though.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
That's what happened though.

ok.

u dont think its possible robertson was somehow involved at some point with his genetics?

the only characters with more than one sentence of dialogue are the main characters. youre saying that despite his key role in essentially starting this and being in nearly every stage of the movie..and being crucial in instructions and with comments..hes not more involved? i find that hard to believe sorry. if anyone kept creating themselves it was robertson imo

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
so apparently this is coming out in theaters on January 9th, 2015..and then on blu-ray on february 10th.

:mindblown:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I actually found out yesterday it's already available at on demand here in the Netherlands. That pretty much killed my hope that I would still be able to see it in theaters some time. :to:

calh45

Cal
Daps
also when jane got her uterus removed, they didnt have to change her into a man... i noticed that right when they did it.. i know plenty of girls who got there uterus removed.
Me and my wife both looked at eachother and said the same shyt...that whole part of the movie was distracting cause of it..like I said earlier in the thread...Looper was done way better..

It was the 1960's. I think y'all looking at it from the prism of 2014. Back then they probably thought they did her a favor by turning her into a dude. They thought women were supposed to stay in the kitchen and black people were barely better than door knobs. I'm not expecting them to just leave it as is.