Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I actually found out yesterday it's already available at on demand here in the Netherlands. That pretty much killed my hope that I would still be able to see it in theaters some time. :to:
say breh..you really seem to love this film for something you rated a 6 :sas2:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It was the 1960's. I think y'all looking at it from the prism of 2014. Back then they probably thought they did her a favor by turning her into a dude. They thought women were supposed to stay in the kitchen and black people were barely better than door knobs. I'm not expecting them to just leave it as is.
Son hysterectomies are believed to have been around since over a 1000 years ago...and had been a well known practice for cancer in the uterus or the cervix by the 60s...sex change was uncalled for fam..it didnt have to happen..actually it wouldve posed MORE risk to try to turn her into a man..

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Son hysterectomies are believed to have been around since over a 1000 years ago...and had been a well known practice for cancer in the uterus or the cervix by the 60s...sex change was uncalled for fam..it didnt have to happen..actually it wouldve posed MORE risk to try to turn her into a man..

Son?

:heh:

I don't need a history lesson. I'm aware of the history, but I doubt the majority of those would've been performed on a hermaphrodite. It'd be plain fukking goofy to discount the mood and attitude towards women in that decade when it comes to their decision to make her a dude. Go watch that scene again. The doctor told her like it was a bonus.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Son?

:heh:

I don't need a history lesson. I'm aware of the history, but I doubt the majority of those would've been performed on a hermaphrodite. It'd be plain fukking goofy to discount the mood and attitude towards women in that decade when it comes to their decision to make her a dude. Go watch that scene again. The doctor told her like it was a bonus.
So its ok that u act like u givin me a history lesson..but when I give u actual history on the procedure its wrong?..nikka. it was stupid..she wasnt a hermaphrodite...she was born with both sets of INTERNAL organs..she couldve gotten rid of ALL that shyt and been fine...she didnt HAVE to turn into a man..like people had liberal thoughts about trannies back then or some shyt..lol..fam..stop apologizing for the movie..

calh45

Cal
Daps
So its ok that u act like u givin me a history lesson..but when I give u actual history on the procedure its wrong?..nikka. it was stupid..she wasnt a hermaphrodite...she was born with both sets of INTERNAL organs..she couldve gotten rid of ALL that shyt and been fine...she didnt HAVE to turn into a man..like people had liberal thoughts about trannies back then or some shyt..lol..fam..stop apologizing for the movie..

I hope this was a typo or something cause....you wrong.

Simultaneous hermaphrodites
A simultaneous (or synchronous) hermaphrodite (or homogamous) is an adult organism that has both male and female sexual organs at the same time.

Even if they took out her uterus there would STILL be the male organs. That's why they couldn't just say fukk it and leave it be. They didn't just manufacture a penis out of thin air she was already born with it. YOU came at me with sons and shyt like I'm some fukking kid who needs to know better. I ain't even say you was wrong about the procedure history. Go do you though....

:yeshrug:

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
I posted on IMDB:
I just get feeling that the bombings never occurred, and only work as devices for John to find "purpose" in his missions. We never "see" the effects of the bombings on the population, only how Jane/John react to them (the patrons at the bar seem completely unaware). The fact that Jane/John has gone through time travel AS A BABY makes realistic for him/her to have psychological issues, setting in motion for what is ahead.

Mr. Robertson also mentions how "there is only so much they can fix," and that the research facility could "exist outside of time" where they can take an observational standpoint of John/Janes missions. The orphanage, the hospital, the school, the bar, I think could all be one facility developed specifically for Jane/John observation. "Time Travel" does happen, but on an enclosed, manufactured timeline for research purposes...

If you are of the initiated. ..try a shot of "primer":sas2:

PSGxjhT.png

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I hope this was a typo or something cause....you wrong.

Simultaneous hermaphrodites
A simultaneous (or synchronous) hermaphrodite (or homogamous) is an adult organism that has both male and female sexual organs at the same time.

Even if they took out her uterus there would STILL be the male organs. That's why they couldn't just say fukk it and leave it be. They didn't just manufacture a penis out of thin air she was already born with it. YOU came at me with sons and shyt like I'm some fukking kid who needs to know better. I ain't even say you was wrong about the procedure history. Go do you though....

:yeshrug:
Sons like ur a kid?..nikka thats an expression..u know that right?...I hope u do...I wasnt tryna belittle u...I live in NYC thats how we talk...damn I cant believe im explaining this in 2014...where u been the last like 30 years bro?..lol...anyway..regardless of the INTERNAL organs..she didnt have to be turned into a man fam..she couldve been left an infertile woman...

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sons like ur a kid?..nikka thats an expression..u know that right?...I hope u do...I wasnt tryna belittle u...I live in NYC thats how we talk...damn I cant believe im explaining this in 2014...where u been the last like 30 years bro?..lol...anyway..regardless of the INTERNAL organs..she didnt have to be turned into a man fam..she couldve been left an infertile woman...

Mr. Robinson.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Movie was dope. But i've see so many time traveling movies with loops with main characters so the twists were not to surprising. Still can't get enough of sci fi tho

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What a weird movie

So basically this dude fell in love with himself, fukked himself, gave birth to himself, kidnapped himself and dropped himself off at the orphanage. He ruined his own life. He also drove himself to meet himself that caused them to give birth to him. Then after all that he grows up and goes insane and becomes the bomber he's chasing and kills himself.