Ethan Hawke And Denzel Washington Reteam On ‘Magnificent Seven’

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You know I had to support my brothas Denzel and Antonie on opening day. Training Day 1870, lol. I thought it was solid, give it about B. It worth it for the climax which the movie just builds up to like the original. "Seven Samurai" and the original "Magifinican Seven" can't be topped so hopefully this brings people to watch those. I couldn't help but feel it honestly like a "Young Guns" remake. Cool seeing a Cowboy Denzel and he lead the show. My mans was 61 doing the action hardbody too. America has written out the history of the Black Cowboy so it's about time they show it (Posse by Mario Van Peebles showed Black Cowboys) Chris Pratt was too funny in this, dude got personality, lol. The Native American cat was hard with the arrows and the Asian dude was killing it with the knives. The Training Day Reunion scenes with Ethan had me smiling. It was also good to hear James Horner final score, he killed that.

13173606_205985106460626_5795790902236244373_o.jpg

The diverse cast reminded me the "Young Guns" Films. "Posse" highlights Black Cowboys.

220px-Young_Guns_%281988_film%29_poster.jpg

220px-Posse_poster.jpg

Last edited:

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a good movie. Action packed. Not great but solid. Chris Pratt was really well. Denzel did his thing as usual. Vincent d'onofrio was my favorite character.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So I got to see it tonight and I dunno man, It's not a bad movie and in fact most of the audience seemed to enjoy it, but everything here is just, well... there. It features some strong character roles with good performances, but there's not enough here to give the characters any depth beyond the most basic (often implied) motivations. The movie itself plays out very traditionally, down to the old fashioned gunfights where they shoot down like fifty guys, constantly propelled through windows and stuff. In some way it's very admirable but it kinda goes against how understated the characters are. There's a constant friction here where you just feel like it's not quite working the way it should be working.

Overall it's just a movie that you see only once, maybe talk about half-assed to some friends, and then never speak of it again. It just exists.
So its an Antoine Fuqua film

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Last western I liked was NCFOM so am not much of a western fan, was a weird experience watching this, I liked the characters and the acting was on point but the first 1/3 of it was kinda boring and not in a western sort of way it just seemed devoid of a good story/dialogue/atmosphere

And then kingpin resurfaces and we are introduced to the apache and then it got interesting. I never saw the original or remake so the ending completely caught me off guard. Thought I was watching a western expendables for a second like:beli: then the arrow is shot at dnofrio and I'm like:gladbron:. The twist at the end was dope and pathetic at the same time. Like I was surprised and all but why reveal that if he wasn't going to be the one to hand the final judgement? That scene elevated his blood lust past the heroines

Flick felt so much longer than it had to be. Ps I know everybody loves Pratt and he was aight but often times he seemed like a 21st century dude acting a cowboy rather than just being one

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I enjoyed it but it's definitely too long and yeah the characters exist as potential characters rather than actual characters. But it relies on enjoying watching them together and that part of it works. There's dynamics that aren't explored or explained but hinted at which is frustrating but the action works, the film is gorgeous, and the music works. And every character gets a moment to shine. And I see the ending as quite the political statement