Ethan Hawke And Denzel Washington Reteam On ‘Magnificent Seven’

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Never seen the original but seven samurai is a top 10 movie to me.

Excited to see this.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Says who? There were a lot of westerns made last year.

And this looks really good.
I think it actually has a chance to be better than the original since that one's okay but it doesn't hold up to the best of the genre

Yeah, and how many good ones were there?

Looks very generic and bleh.

Looks too slick and modernized for a western.

Yup, movie looks like more overstylized garbage like The Equalizer but folks on here gave that boring shyt a pass a well (they give Fuqua too much of a pass in general) so it doesn't surprise me folks in here actually talking about how this looks "good".

Don't even get me started on that House Of The Rising Sun cover. I know this was shot (and possibly takes place) at New Orleans, but that doesn't make that shyt a fitting song.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Yup, movie looks like more overstylized garbage like The Equalizer but folks on here gave that boring shyt a pass a well (they give Fuqua too much of a pass in general) so it doesn't surprise me folks in here actually talking about how this looks "good".

Don't even get me started on that House Of The Rising Sun cover. I know this was shot (and possibly takes place) at New Orleans, but that doesn't make that shyt a fitting song.
Yeah I wasn't a fan of the equalizer either. Denzel going through the motions in that film with a throwaway plot from an 80s action film starring Jean Claude van Damme.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I liked hateful eight, slow west and bone tomehawk. I'd say those 3 were good.

Add The Revenant too if you consider that a western.

That's 4.

Fuqua has a suspect track record but with this cast i gotta give the benefit of the doubt

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I liked hateful eight, slow west and bone tomehawk. I'd say those 3 were good.

Add The Revenant too if you consider that a western.

That's 4.

Fuqua has a suspect track record but with this cast i gotta give the benefit of the doubt

Slow West and Bone Tomahawk were not good movies. They had some good scenes, which is different, and I don't consider The Revenant a western.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Slow West and Bone Tomahawk were not good movies. They had some good scenes, which is different, and I don't consider The Revenant a western.
I wouldn't say they are bad movies. I think they're both a bit overrated but as a fan of westerns i was glad i watched them.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So I got to see it tonight and I dunno man, It's not a bad movie and in fact most of the audience seemed to enjoy it, but everything here is just, well... there. It features some strong character roles with good performances, but there's not enough here to give the characters any depth beyond the most basic (often implied) motivations. The movie itself plays out very traditionally, down to the old fashioned gunfights where they shoot down like fifty guys, constantly propelled through windows and stuff. In some way it's very admirable but it kinda goes against how understated the characters are. There's a constant friction here where you just feel like it's not quite working the way it should be working.

Overall it's just a movie that you see only once, maybe talk about half-assed to some friends, and then never speak of it again. It just exists.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dang on GMA Denzel said he was just happy to be in a Chris Pratt movie.That white supremacy is too strong y'all even Denzel has to back down :mjcry:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
An Asian cowboy?:jbhmm:
jimmy-wang-yang-009sd06122007hm263-1387541975.jpg