Ethan Hawke And Denzel Washington Reteam On ‘Magnificent Seven’

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm watching this right now. About 37 minutes in, this movie is kind of terrible. Fuqua seems like he does absolutely zero research when he makes these movies. Just point the camera and away we go. No character development for the most part. Just pick up Chris Pratt and move on to the next set piece.

Maybe it will get better, but seriously tempted to turn this off.
my only complaint about his directing style in this movie is he didn't use enough great cinematography to show how vast and beautiful the area is. those kinda shots come with the genre. even badly reviewed movies like the lone ranger had that shyt. and also, the soundtrack was lacking in some areas. especially during some of the travel scenes. you need an epic ass track for that shyt.

i can't blame the cinematographer or the soundtrack producer for this lasp because at the end of the day it's the responsibility of who edited the movie. once you're in the cutting room floor and spot the inconsistencies its up to you to make the change or reshoot.

but overall i enjoyed the movie. it wasn't terrible man.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watched on Sunday and enjoyed it for the most part. Some nikka started smoking in one of the theaters and set off the fire alarm when we were getting to the last act :beli:

So when the movie finally started again after like 30 mins these nikkas skipped backwards and had everybody like :damn:

Then it stopped for 5 mins then went backwards again :wtf:

Some people left after that but i stayed till the end. the movie started at 5:40 and we didn't get out until 8:30
fukking ignorant ass nikkas man that's why I don't go movies anymore.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the movie is what i expected and ive never seen the original. just an average, predictable western. not terrible, just nothing id care to watch again.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Not bad, but it's not touching the OG. I like the diversity of the characters and how they gelled together. This is how the Suicide Squad crew should of been done.

Worth a watch, but I don't see replay value.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
If you haven't seen the movie the original is based on, 7 Samurai, check it out. I watched the TMC special on it that explained a lot of the Japanese imagery.