Etan Thomas, Jahadi White, Tyrone Nesby, Chris Whitney tell the real about the Kwame years

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I respect what they are saying but explain all those other years including that third year where he wasn't very productive? Look I understand things were difficult but I saw Kwame play after those Collins/Jordan years and he was still trash.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I totally disagree wit Kwame and those bums. Kwame should’ve taken that abuse out first and foremost on the ni66az that fucced with him and on his opponents in games. That’s why I respect KG, Kobe, TMac. Coming from H.S. they took the abuse that was dished out and served it right back at bammas.
T Mac was coddled. Charles Oakley was kept in Toronto to protect t Mac and Vince from any and everyone

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man watching all these c00n nicca cape for a tall doofy maga c00n is embarrassing. Niccas trying to rewrite history like dude was an actual good player who got held back by the man. This is some troll shyt. Dude was garbage and would of been garbage anywhere. This is why we call whatever is the latest online influencer yall daddy because the lengths and knots yall tie yourselves in order to defend these dudes makes me wonder if yall are legit children of the men yall fighting for.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Jordan came in under a different kind of nba. This part of it is being heavily undersold. I dont want to hear comparisons to lebron who basically said if we can't win I'll just allow the media to paint the rest of my roster as trash and go and recruit or join other all stars. Jordan turned guys into title contending players doing it his way so it was the only way he knew.

Jordan's league came up in a time where most of the players where coming from poor impoverished communities single parent homes so it was a certain grit and toughness the newer league these guys come from the burbs 2 parent homes trainers who work with them from aau etc. I think jordan was trying to do for Kwame what he did for Scottie pippen but just didn't understand his way would work in the 90s but not in the 2000s

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Man watching all these c00n nicca cape for a tall doofy maga c00n is embarrassing. Niccas trying to rewrite history like dude was an actual good player who got held back by the man. This is some troll shyt. Dude was garbage and would of been garbage anywhere. This is why we call whatever is the latest online influencer yall daddy because the lengths and knots yall tie yourselves in order to defend these dudes makes me wonder if yall are legit children of the men yall fighting for.
I tend to agree here. What is the hell with all this soft holding of the hands? Kwame was a bust based on where he was picked. Period. He had many opportunities after Jordan and was still pretty much mediocre to poor. All this cappin is sickening. If Kwame was picked 20th we not having this conversation and would be congratulating him on a good career. He was picked 1st and had a taj Gibson career. It's just facts.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m at work right now so can’t be bothered to look at who was on the roster in which year.

Let me just say that I hope none of these guys who are complaining about MJ being a serious, hard nosed competitor and trying to instill something in KB were present for the guns in the locker room saga with Arenas.

The narrative building that’s going on doesn’t seem to acknowledge the level of clownery that was going on in the Wizards organization and locker room.

Gee, I wonder why clowns would be mad about a shift on organizational direction?

History is told by the winners and these guys shouldn’t be gonna be doing any story telling.

Edit: Etan was the last of the bunch and was off the team the season before the gun incident. Although I’m sure the same types of nonsense was going on during his tenure.

Last edited:

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Not every is players meant be great for sure but part of being great is being put in the right situation to max your talent..Those first few years in the league are crucial to a young players development esp big men who require more coaching than wings or guards...the Wizards provided none of that :deadmanny:

He mentioned had a shoe deal with No Limit..He said they sent him a rotation of 20 kicks thru the season while Jordan gave Rip 3 pairs for the season and told him he wasn't worthy of any more:deadmanny:

i spent the summer with T Nez when i was 14 in his hometown with my pops and his people in Cairo Illinois

Great time

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I respect what they are saying but explain all those other years including that third year where he wasn't very productive? Look I understand things were difficult but I saw Kwame play after those Collins/Jordan years and he was still trash.

Kwame flashed in his 3rd year. It was actually his best one. I thought he was turning a corner.

Eddie Jordan though in the next year had Jamison and they used him at the 3 and 4. The Princeton had the Arenas/Hughes backcourt humming with limited opportunities. Kwame regre

MJ was a sick sick nikka no wonder they got him the fukk outta there after 1 year

Doug Collins understandably was his bytch and did as told.

This was a great great listen

Tyron Nesby asking for a trade, Wes Unseld telling him this nikka Mike ain't gonna last the year don't even worry about it :mjlol:

Working him out for 2-3 hours before tip off :what:

Doug Collins asking Jahidi White to foul him EXTRA hard in practice :scust:

Abe Pollin was right to get this cancer outta there

@FAH1223

MJ came in 1999-2000. He stepped back on the court in 2001. He got fired in 2003 after he thought he’d get his ownership stake and President role returned upon retirement as was agreed. So nearly 4 years. Abe Polin heard everything Wes Unseld was telling him coming from the locker room.

That’s why they got Grunfeld when Milwaukee let him go. And Grunfeld went hard at Arenas to be that next star in Polin’s mind to take get him out of his Jordan crisis.

Kwame flashed in his 3rd year. It was actually his best one. I thought he was turning a corner.

Eddie Jordan though in the next year had Jamison and they used him at the 3 and 4. The Princeton had the Arenas/Hughes backcourt humming with limited opportunities. Kwame regressed in 2004-2005.

The main blame is Doug Collins. He has always been a crap.coach. I'm a lifelong Bulls fan and I saw how dude would panic when shyt got tight and just relied on MJ to bail him out...he wasnt coaching a gatdamn thing.

And he def fukkedKB up....
At no point was Kwame gonna be a star player, he had limitstions(wasnt great catching ball, no counter moves)....he wasnt ever gonna justify being #1 BUT

With better situation and more sympathetic situation, he coulda had Tyson Chandlers career

Tyson played under a hardass who would throw you under the bus publicly....Scott Skiles talked much shyt on Tyson, he was considered a bust for a while...however he got traded to NOLA and got to play with CP3 who saved his career. All tyson had to do was D up and catch lobs. All of a sudden now Tyson gets respect in the media, now hes an important dude. Had he stayed under Skiles, he would have not broken out

Had Kwame got to play with J kidd in Jersey, his career ends up a lot different

He ends up being a solid starter who gives you 14/9 with great post defense

Situation matters almost more than pure talent sometimes
Yup that’s how I think Kwame coulda ended up.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
The worst thing that Del Harris did to Kobe was not really play him his first season. If you can find me a story of Harris kicking a ball into the stands and telling Kobe to get the ball before the bus left them you'd have a point.

Shaq and them other ni66az kept him wayyyyyy at bay but Kobe didn’t mind, he just went at them dudes constantly in practice and in games (when he got his shot) again something Kwame couldn’t do...