ESPN will cancel The Jump and has removed Rachel Nichols from all NBA programming

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they're going to do a new afternoon show to replace it

Malika could very well be the host of that

ESPN EXECS in the cut like "well :sas: is gonna do an afternoon show that only talks cowboyd, & lebron, and the BAAAAAAAAD man himself"

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Damn I know Rachel messed up but I didnt want her to lose her entire career over this.

ONGys0u.gif

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Damn I know Rachel messed up but I didnt want her to lose her entire career over this.

She lost her career basically because she said something to the effect of "I hope Maria Taylor is as successful as she can be so long as it isn't at my expense. I worked for my spot, and I don't want to give it up just because my employer is trying to make up for the past bullshyt it's done as far as opportunities for minorities."

ESPN is probably more upset that she dragged THEM through the mud by calling them out as opposed to saying some shyt that was spun/perceived as a heavy :mjpls: diss toward Maria Taylor's talent and ability.

It is what it is. You say some shyt that can be taken as :mjpls: in today's climate and the public catches wind of it, it will be taken as such. Surely Rachel knows that, and she knows the consequences of it. If not, then she knows now.

The irony of Rachel losing her job because she was adamant about keeping it is pretty damn scrumptious though.