ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
It’s funny to see the difference in the amount of respect Shaq and Kobe have given Tim Duncan and the Spurs. Diesel’s been throwing shots at Duncan for awhile now it seems.
Because Shaq's a failure, and he knows it. Duncan is an overachiever..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The burden of proof is on you and those who admittedly say it isn't a debate. Nearly all of these publications that do lists have Shaq and Tim within two spots of each other or so. Sometimes Shaq ahead, sometimes Tim ahead, so you're in the minority opinion...

And we have publications that say the Ancient Egyptians and Moors were not black and that black people have not contributed intelluctually to world history. The hell do I care what the white owned media says about anything. They lie about everything else. Why would any black man listen to what a white man has to say on any topic?

What exactly did Shaq do better as a basketball player than Duncan? That list is smaller than the one you can create in reverse, so your skill/talent theory is out the window. I find it funny you guys create false "not skilled" arguments for other players but you're omitting completely that Shaq wasn't exactly more skilled than Duncan...

Shaq dominated his man more. Its that simple. He didn't need to be skilled. He just put that shoulder into defenders and was under the basket dunking the ball. When you can do that, you don't need any fancy skills.

The only big man better than Shaq is Hakeem because he could match Shaq's physicality with arguably the greatest skill set of all-time. That's why I rank Hakeem #3 all-time and Shaq at #4. Duncan doesn't come close to having a skill set like Hakeem where he can counteract Shaq's advantage in physicality.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prevented the 4 peat.

:mjgrin:

First of all I could care less about the Lakers as a team or rings for any particular player.

With that said Kobe and Shaq have had way more success against Duncan than vice-versa so why would I care?

2003 isn't even a big deal to me. I never expected them to 4-peat. To me the bigger shock was the 2008 Finals. I thought Kobe would 3-peat a second time. If there's one team I should be bitter towards its the '08 Celtics. But you ain't never seen me do anything but shower KG with praise.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Also much more insecure about his own legacy than Duncan is about his
A lot of his fans are too. They'd do everything they could to rip down Duncan and not give him his due. While the entire NBA was recognizing his dominance and he was winning MVPs and Finals MVPs in the middle of Shaq's prime you could see them foaming at the mouth. They want Shaq's "potential" or "fear factor" to be credited, but they ignore that on an actual day-to-day basis Shaq wasn't performing at the level that Duncan was or making the same contribution to winning.

It leads them to say straight stupid shyt like, "In 2001 the Western Conference Finals were the real Finals!"

Really? Let's look at the starting lineup.

PG: 38yo Terry Porter (7ppg that season)
SG: Antonio Daniels (9ppg)
SF: 35yo Danny Ferry (5ppg that season)
Center: 35yo David Robinson (14ppg that season)

That roster is shyt. D-Fish outscored Porter 18ppg to 6ppg in the series (Fish shot 61%, Porter 35%). Fox ourscored Ferry 11ppg (49%) to 3ppg (33%). Shaq outscored Robinson 27ppg (54%) to 14ppg (40%). And that's before you even get to prime Kobe dominating a lifetime bench player like Antonio Daniels!!!!

If Duncan isn't on Shaq's level, then how the fukk is that series even considered meaningful? Literally every other position is a gigantic mismatch. Even the Laker bench (Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Tyronne Lue, Mark Madsen) shyts all over the Spurs bench (Malik Rose and 36yo Avery Johnson were the only Spurs who even appeared in all four games).

The only thing that made that Spurs team meaningful was a dominant Tim Duncan who was neck-and-neck with a prime Shaq. If Duncan isn't dominant, that roster wouldn't even be a playoff team.

(For comparison, prime KG that year was playing with Terrell Brandon, Wally Szczerbiak, Anthony Peeler and Rasho Nesterović, none of whom were over 31. That's a FAR superior lineup to what the Spurs had. Yet the Timberwolves were an 8-seed who got swept by the Spurs in round 1).

That's the level of conversation we're at. Supposedly Duncan with a washed D-Rob and a bunch of shytty scrubs is "the real Finals" even though Duncan "isn't on Shaq's level".

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of his fans are too. They'd do everything they could to rip down Duncan and not give him his due. While the entire NBA was recognizing his dominance and he was winning MVPs and Finals MVPs in the middle of Shaq's prime you could see them foaming at the mouth. They want Shaq's "potential" or "fear factor" to be credited, but they ignore that on an actual day-to-day basis Shaq wasn't performing at the level that Duncan was or making the same contribution to winning.

It leads them to say straight stupid shyt like, "In 2001 the Western Conference Finals were the real Finals!"

That roster is shyt. D-Fish outscored Porter 18ppg to 6ppg in the series (Fish shot 61%, Porter 35%). Fox ourscored Ferry 11ppg (49%) to 3ppg (33%). Shaq outscored Robinson 27ppg (54%) to 14ppg (40%). And that's before you even get to prime Kobe dominating a lifetime bench player like Antonio Daniels!!!!

If Duncan isn't on Shaq's level, then how the fukk is that series even considered meaningful? Literally every other position is a gigantic mismatch. Even the Laker bench (Robert Horry, Brian Shaw, Tyronne Lue, Mark Madsen) shyts all over the Spurs bench (Malik Rose and 36yo Avery Johnson were the only Spurs who even appeared in all four games).

The only thing that made that Spurs team meaningful was a dominant Tim Duncan who was neck-and-neck with a prime Shaq. If Duncan isn't dominant, that roster wouldn't even be a playoff team.

(For comparison, prime KG that year was playing with Terrell Brandon, Wally Szczerbiak, Anthony Peeler and Rasho Nesterović, none of whom were over 31. That's a FAR superior lineup to what the Spurs had. Yet the Timberwolves were an 8-seed who got swept by the Spurs in round 1).

That's the level of conversation we're at. Supposedly Duncan with a washed D-Rob and a bunch of shytty scrubs is "the real Finals" even though Duncan "isn't on Shaq's level".
This board works hard to diminish the Spurs 20+ years of greatness. And they use made up bullshyt like "back to back" or Duncan relying on teammates at the sunset of his career to further discredit him.
It really is staggering that the Lakers are THE most decorated franchise in NBA history yet have a substantial number of fans who behave so defensively.
I don't know of any other fan base in the world has so much success and constantly feels like their team and their legends don't get enough respect.

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I never understood the asterisk thing. Whatever the circumstances or length of the season, they managed to best all the other teams to win it. Why didn't their team win it? Their subsequent championships should've further legitimized the win. Weren't the playoffs 'as usual'/full that year? No excuse.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I just realized that there was no way Shaq was spouting this bullshyt back in 1999. So I searched for articles from when they acquired Glen Rice, and hit the jackpot with the 2nd one.

From March 14, 1999
He asked for a great outside shooter, and he got Glen Rice, arguably the best in the game.

"I got a shooter, and I got another thug power forward," O'Neal said recently. "Ain't no excuses now for me or anybody else in this locker room. We should be on our way."

The "thug" O'Neal was referring to is J.R. Reid, who had been playing especially well for Charlotte this season. He will go from being the best player the Hornets had this season to the seventh best in Los Angeles.

Shaq in 1999 before the playoffs: "No excuses, we got this shyt in the bag!"

Shaq after getting swept by the Spurs: "Fake season, doesn't count, asterisk, I didn't even want to win that way."

:laff:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes

Imagine if Shaq had to spend a year of his prime with a lineup like that. He would’ve thrown a hissy fit and demanded a trade by all star break :russ:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just realized that there was no way Shaq was spouting this bullshyt back in 1999. So I searched for articles from when they acquired Glen Rice, and hit the jackpot with the 2nd one.

From March 14, 1999

Shaq in 1999 before the playoffs: "No excuses, we got this shyt in the bag!"

Shaq after getting swept by the Spurs: "Fake season, doesn't count, asterisk, I didn't even want to win that way."

:laff:
:mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Imagine if Shaq had to spend a year of his prime with a lineup like that. He would’ve thrown a hissy fit and demanded a trade by all star break :russ:

Hell, just two years earlier, the Lakers were:

Fisher
Kobe (all-star)
Eddie Jones (all-star)
Rodman (coming off the '98 Bulls title)
Shaq (MVP candidate)

With Rick Fox, Derek Harper, Robert Horry, Elden Campbell, and Tyronne Lue off the bench.

And Shaq was demanding that management make a move, saying that he needed more outside shooting to take defensive pressure off of him, until they traded away Jones/Campbell for Glen Rice and J.R. Reid. And even AFTER that trade, Laker front office was saying shyt like, "the backcourt is still a weakness". :mjlol:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Have a basketball strategy named after your biggest liability and claim to be GOAT, brehs

34A5PN4S6BFHWOBHS5PVTJPQOQ.jpg

HANEJLR23N4U4NIRKKNKWSWN7Y.jpg

I love Shaq, but he's the real mvp clown