ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you're arguing Shaq and Kobe were a super team and it killed their MVP votes

But yall mad at Golden State

:skip:

Kobe and Shaq was the ultimate super team. Best duo in NBA history.

And I was never mad at the Warriors. I had a problem with the entire era wanting to create super teams rather than competing head up.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
That nikka is so insecure its pathetic....

Shaq has always seemed petty and insecure. He got upset in Orlando when Penny was getting all this attention when he was injured for a couple months during the 95-96 season, and Penny was carrying the team and they were doing really well. He filmed a commercial where he hit a puppet that was supposed to be Lil’ Penny.

Obviously there was the whole beef with Kobe. I’m sure Kobe was an a$$hole, but I doubt he was the only one. When the Heat win it all in 2006, David Stern had the trophy, and was going to hand it to Wade, who won the finals MVP. But Shaq insisted on having it first and then gave it to Wade. He had to be the one to give him the trophy.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Duncan did himself a disservice being so quiet. If had even 2% of personality he’d be talked about more.

sounds stupid as fukk but Duncan does get forgot a lot and isn’t talked about the way he should be because him and that spurs style of play were both boring to a lot of people. It’s easy to forget how great Duncan was and I’m sure Shaq is counting on that to carry this conversation lol

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
No im saying if he won in 2004-05-06 he would be in the top 5 and not 9 or 10.I never said he wasnt a top 10 player but not having ever def3ended once puts in exclusive company on that list...

41/15 is great but they lost the game and series.

ONE reason MJ,Magic,Kareem etc get thrown into these goat convos is because they have several championships and FMVPs and have done it in consecutive years which is hard to do and what separates the best from the everyone else...TD still got 5 and that puts him in elite company he is left out of the top 5 because he didnt reel off a string of titles together...
I understand what you saying but this is a semi-bad example

MJ is self explanatory hence he is the GOAT. But Magic and Karem have only had 1 year they successfully defended a title(88) the rest were them doing it every other year like Duncan.

i understand repeating is important. But I wouldnt use it to hold so much weight that a lone successful title run is what so hugely seperates Magic/kareem from TD. When in terms of chips and how they won them. Magic/Kareem are more like TD than MJ

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
Shaq def underachieved shoulda been goat or 2nd all time honestly

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn, I forgot how bad that lineup was. Somehow they were able to be the top seed and have HCA against LA. Duncan’s 03’ postseason run was one of the best ever.

The Spurs system back in the late 90s to early 00s wasn’t the great “Spurs system” everyone remembers. The Spurs hadn’t gotten to that point yet. Often times I remember them in the postseason being over reliant on Duncan and would just feed him the ball in the post and hope he does something.
They were slightly better in the regular season because they had Derek Anderson, who wasn't some great player but was at least a competent starter, which is more than you can say for any of their other perimeter players. But he got hurt early in the playoffs and wasn't available for the first two games against the Lakers, they tried to rush him back in Game 3 and he was worthless.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

MJ is self explanatory hence he is the GOAT. But Magic and Karem have only had 1 year they successfully defended a title(88) the rest were them doing it every other year like Duncan.

i understand repeating is important. But I wouldnt use it to hold so much weight that a lone successful title run is what so hugely seperates Magic/kareem from TD. When in terms of chips and how they won them. Magic/Kareem are more like TD than MJ

Earv and Cap played against legendary teams in the Finals. 83 Sixers, 80s Celts, and the Bad Boys

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I wouldnt hold it against Duncan when putting him in a top 10 list.I would hold it against him against Shaq in a debate where everything else is just about dead even.
I would hold it against a player when talking about the greatest ever or a top 5 list...My thing when having these arguments ur talking about players with titles MVPs,FMVPS you basically have to weight the stains on there record against each other to determine who got the worst ones cuz most of the accolades and achievements in a top 10 list are gonna be close or similar....and to me Jordan is GOAT because he doesnt have any stains on his record in the GOAT convo...thats why hes #1 he has 6 rings in 8 years no losses FMVP for all of em,never joined another stars team,never formed a superteam,his resume is clutch...

Last edited:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Duncan did himself a disservice being so quiet. If had even 2% of personality he’d be talked about more.

sounds stupid as fukk but Duncan does get forgot a lot and isn’t talked about the way he should be because him and that spurs style of play were both boring to a lot of people. It’s easy to forget how great Duncan was and I’m sure Shaq is counting on that to carry this conversation lol

Duncan seen the bigger picture...

Play ball, get my money, and bounce...

The history books set in stone...

It hurts shaq to realize that he did more damage to his career by not keeping himself in shape and becoming a journeyman

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shaq has no ine to be mad at but his self..could have been the best player the nba has ever seen but his work ethic was questionable..

:camby:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

He most likely does not care about things like this lol:yeshrug:post retirement Duncan definitely has more personality

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Let's also point out that that ONE title defense was at the end of Kareem's career when he was nothing more than a role player. And they went down to Game 7 twice in a row that year and were bailed out by huge Worthy games both times.

The idea that Kareem's greatness is defined by a game (Game 7 of the '88 Finals) in which he went 2-7 with 4 points and 5 fouls is why this is a stupid, stupid narrative.

Earv and Cap played against legendary teams in the Finals. 83 Sixers, 80s Celts, and the Bad Boys
So? They had two of the five greatest ever and multiple other HOFers, when did they actually beat a team that was favored over them? Ridiculous that we can make excuses for Magic/Kareem not repeating in their prime, but Duncan doesn't get those excuses.

Duncan doesn't repeat despite a monster 41-16-6 game with 6 blocks in Game 7 because Manu fukked up and fouled Dirk on a made shot, allowing him to tie the game.

Duncan didn't repeat another time despite a huge 30 and 16 game because Kawhi and Manu missed free throws and then Ray Allen hit that shot.

Kareem repeated despite a terrible 4-3-2 game with 5 fouls in Game 7 because Worthy went off for 36-16-10.

Somehow those are now the defining moments that make Kareem better than Duncan. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: