ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duncan and Shaq all beat weak teams some of the worst Finals teams ever actually.

‘99 Knicks
‘01 76ers
‘02 and ‘03 Nets
‘07 Cavs

Because the real finals was in the West stupid.

This is why the Finals MVP argument against Kobe during the 3peat never made any sense. Whenever the Lakers played their toughest competition (2000 Blazers, 2001 Spurs, 2002 Kings) Kobe regularly outplayed Shaq.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
O’Neal blasted the Spurs’ five titles on an episode of his show “The Big Podcast” claiming the Spurs 1999 title should not count because it was a shortened season. He also claims he personally wouldn’t claim an “asterisk” title since in his opinion it does not count.

“I’ll tell all of San Antonio to its face – you only have four. It’s an asterisk. That’s what I think. I would tell Mr. Duncan to his face you have four rings. It says you have five but the asterisks don’t count. In anything I do I never want asterisks about it.”

Shaquille O'Neal's Bold Message To Tim Duncan And The Spurs About Their 1999 NBA Title

Didn't mention anything about :troll: first title though :sas2:.

Duncan walking away from Shaq at the HOF ceremony like

duncan2.gif
Shaq acting like he wasnt allowed to win the title in 99 or something.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny to see the difference in the amount of respect Shaq and Kobe have given Tim Duncan and the Spurs. Diesel’s been throwing shots at Duncan for awhile now it seems.

Kobe gives the Spurs as a collective respect. Which they deserve. Pop, Manu, Tony, Tim, and even RC Buford all deserve credit for that run. However, he's never said it was Duncan himself that stood in their way.

Duncan was very much part of the machine. He was not carrying that frachise on his back the way Shaq and Kobe did for practically their entire careers.

Ball

All Star
Daps
Shaq calling Duncan's 1999 ring is disrespectful. Especially when Shaq got swept. He even asked to guard Duncan in Game 4 and couldn't stop him!

Yeah, I don't agree with Shaq at all. San Antonio had been championship contenders with Tim Duncan at the core for damn near 20 years. I don't really care for Shaq's take on basketball, we know he's just being emotional af and not realistic.

TD didn’t have the luxury of having someone like Kobe to perform at the most vulnerable moments. Y’all get so stuck on giving Shaq all the credit y’all ignore the two most vulnerable moments in the 2000 title run: Portland Game 7 kobe had the better game and Game 4 Finals Kobe prevented the series from being tied up. 2001 west playoff run Kobe did a lot of heavy lifting.

Look at the early 00s Spurs, 2nd highest scorer dropping 12-15ppg and shyt. TD himself was only a low to mid 20s type scorer, imagine if he had someone like Kobe spazzing out. Tim would have won 6+ titles if he had Kob.

I think TD is great and deserves all the credit in the world.

I don't care about Shaq or giving him credit. I'm just laying the facts. Winning 3 in a row is rare. Duncan had plenty of chances to try to win back to back and couldn't do it, whatever the reasons were.

Only knock on Duncan i have is he doesnt have a b2b title run...most of the all time greats have at least 1...i think that establishes true dominance.

Yeah, I don't even consider it a knock against Duncan, I just think if we're comparing him to Shaq, then yes the b2b matters.

Duncan showed his dominancy by being able to mesh in a unique system under a tough ass coach AND with his next 2 best players for most of his championship runs being two international players. That's not easy to do. Duncan was dominant, a goat indeed.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I'm talking about straight up playing, I dont think Tim is making it through a whole 1v1 game against shaq

I get the point you're trying to make. With that said, does that mean LeBron > Jordan or Kobe? Because 1v1, LeBron is lowering his shoulder and bullying Kobe, Jordan and any other wing in a street ball game.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There was never a time in Duncan's career he was the man in the league who everyone feared. You know that if you actually were watching ball back then. Nobody was debating about Tim Duncan in the lunchrooms or barber shops. His greatness is literally based on resume accomplishments. Its not based on him actually being on our consciousness as the best player in the NBA the way Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, and even KD have been the last 20-25 years.

Stop arguing with me about a resume and mention some actual memories you have of Duncan dominating the league anywhere close to how Shaq did.

The burden of proof is on you and those who admittedly say it isn't a debate. Nearly all of these publications that do lists have Shaq and Tim within two spots of each other or so. Sometimes Shaq ahead, sometimes Tim ahead, so you're in the minority opinion...

I'm not talking about resume, but I already explained my position. You don't have to agree fam, I ain't fukked up about it. All the TAPE is there for you if you wanna jog your memory...

Greatness is the sum of talent plus opportunity plus results. It takes a ton of all three to reach these kind of heights. It's the reason why the guy with the best results (Russell) is #1 on nobody under 70's list, and wasn't a unanimous #1 in their era, with Wilt, Logo, and O playing at the same time...

It's another reason Bill had the most opportunities at a championship, playing in 13 Finals with the advantage of the greatest team of his day monopolizing a 7-team league, isn't considered the GOAT...

And it's the reason the NBA is littered with talented players who couldn't put it together, for one reason or another, to succeed more than less talented players. Stephon Marbury was talented. So was Gilbert Arenas. So was Amare Stoudemire. So was Carmelo Anthony. List goes on and on and on, Melo was more talented than a gang of people in his generation, yet he was missing something to put it all together...

You get hung up on "talent" and "skill", when the sport is more than that. Everybody recognizes this except you, almost nobody anywhere considers Shaq a Top 5 player, but according to talent, he should be a shoo-in at Top 2. So what happened to the manifestation of talent when he was underachieving in Orlando (don't forget, your friends ON HERE have said Dream was better, and people have posted examples of Rodman handling him)?

Where was the talent in Detroit in '04? Or the massive underachievement in '03? There are examples where Shaq's overwhelming talent advantage didn't manifest into pinnacle success, because obviously, you need more than talent...

What exactly did Shaq do better as a basketball player than Duncan? That list is smaller than the one you can create in reverse, so your skill/talent theory is out the window. I find it funny you guys create false "not skilled" arguments for other players but you're omitting completely that Shaq wasn't exactly more skilled than Duncan...