ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaq is silly. Dude is always trying put down other people achievements. The problem with Shaq is he think everything is about size and strength. Deep down he probably think he was way better than Duncan simply because he was bigger and stronger than Duncan.

Shaq should ask himself why a man of his size only won one MVP and scoring title? How many more rings, MVPs, and scoring titles would Shaq have won if he could do something as basic as hitting F-R-E-E throws? They are called free for a reason, lol.

I cant knock him for having only one mvp when hes playing with kobe who was stealing votes from each other

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why are people talking like shaq wasnt great before 99
Because the comparison is to Duncan. Shaq was an established, experienced player in his prime, while Duncan came into the league and swept Shaq's ass home in just his 2nd year with a worse roster.

At that point, Duncan already looked like he had surpassed Shaq. Shaq had Penny, Horace Grant, and a bunch of three-point shooters in 1995. He had Glen Rice, Kobe, and a bunch of solid role players in 1999. And he still hadn't won a single Finals game. Whereas young Duncan was sweeping through the league with a post-prime, post-injury David Robinson and old role players.

Shaq fans know their only argument is to claim that Shaq surpassed Duncan in 2000-2002 (when Duncan was injured the first year and had for-shyt rosters the other two years), because outside of that little window it's no contest at all, Timmy dominated their matchup and the league in general.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Older posters help me with something: when did Shaq become a Top 5 player?

I started watching in the '99 playoffs. For sure from that point until '05, he was regarded as a Top 5 guy, and he was still thought of as a Top 10 player in '06. He was unquestionably the consensus best player alive 00-02, and I think you can make the argument from 99-04, though I wouldn't say he was unquestioned those other years...

Duncan was never the unanimous claim to best player alive, but was in that conversation for a minute. I remember him being Top 5 considered from 99-07, Top 10 until '09. And my hunch is he was considered Top 10 as a rookie. So Duncan spent 12 total years as a Top 10 player, 9 of those years as Top 5...

H2H was more or less a draw. Shaq has the higher peak. Seems like he was Top 5 in '98. What about before then? I'm trying to see the argument for Shaq, was he a Top 5/10 player for longer than Duncan's 9-year Top 5/12-year Top 10 run?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
yes they do :dwillhuh:

Shaq don’t even get hate from anyone out here. Kobe fans setting the record straight isn’t hate. Online or offline the players I mentioned get shyt for those events while Shaq doesn’t for the late 90s that’s fact however you wanna spin it.
Maybe they do in Los Angeles. But nowhere else. You sometimes hear the Shaq was lazy BS offline, but none of those other talking points.

Also, this whole 'athletes getting shyt' thing used to be only for players who hadn't won championships. The super micro breakdowns of a players career to slight them, is a recent and internet driven thing. Again, if you (not you specifically) were around in 2005, people have been talking about Duncan or Shaq since then.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Shaq has no ine to be mad at but his self..could have been the best player the nba has ever seen but his work ethic was questionable..

:camby:
Shaqs work ethic was questionable? Another example of a raised on the internet cat who makes no sense.

Shaq played in the MBA from 1092 to 2008 as a 7 foot 300 pound plus big man. But he had a questionable work ethic :mjlol:

I'm confident most of yall couldn't finish one of shaqs workouts.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Instead of trying to put an asterisk on 99 he should of mentioned how TD never defended a title :sas2:

plus Shaq had his chance to beat the Spurs in 99 and he choked.

Breh was out here barely scoring more than 20 year old Kobe and Glen Rice :why:

shot 6 for 19 in Game 1:why:

Only scored 16 in game 2, only 2 in the 4th qtr of a close game while young ass Kobe dropped 28 trying to tie the series :why:

had his best game in game 4 when it was already over :why:

he should’ve averaged 30 the whole series :upsetfavre:

Theres no asterisk about what TD did to him that series :hubie:
And brainwashed nikkas rank him over Kobe :snoop:

They rank him over Kobe because he never quit in a game 7

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Duncan got:
5 rings
3 finals mvps
2 regular season mvps
15 all star selections
10 nba first team selections
8 all nba first team defensive selections
ROY
Highest win percentage for any player ever

The amount of disrespect he gets is insane

Two things you can never knock a player on is his ERA and Team he gets drafted to,I don’t give a fukk those two things are out of a guys control!

Duncan is a top 5 player of all time and is the GOAT PF period.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Maybe they do in Los Angeles. But nowhere else. You sometimes hear the Shaq was lazy BS offline, but none of those other talking points.

Also, this whole 'athletes getting shyt' thing used to be only for players who hadn't won championships. The super micro breakdowns of a players career to slight them, is a recent and internet driven thing. Again, if you (not you specifically) were around in 2005, people have been talking about Duncan or Shaq since then.

nikka that’s the whole point :dwillhuh: the talking points about the other legends are brought up all the time whereas Shaqs shortcoming are nevee brought up for whatever reason.

And you’re second point is wrong. Magic already had titles and still got shyt for the 1984 finals and getting Westhead fired. Tragic Magic wasn’t an internet driven thing :gucci:

Nothing I said was wrong, other legends have their shortcoming intertwined with their career narratives whereas Shaq doesn’t. nikka choked the whole late 90s you never hear shyt about it

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Shaqs work ethic was questionable? Another example of a raised on the internet cat who makes no sense.

Shaq played in the MBA from 1092 to 2008 as a 7 foot 300 pound plus big man. But he had a questionable work ethic :mjlol:

Shaq himself said his work ethic sucked stop juelzing

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
nikka that’s the whole point :dwillhuh: the talking points about the other legends are brought up all the time whereas Shaqs shortcoming are nevee brought up for whatever reason.

And you’re second point is wrong. Magic already had titles and still got shyt for the 1984 finals and getting Westhead fired. Tragic Magic wasn’t an internet driven thing :gucci:

Nothing I said was wrong, other legends have their shortcoming intertwined with their career narratives whereas Shaq doesn’t. nikka choked the whole late 90s you never hear shyt about it
Yawn

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

Shaq would let himself go in the summer and use the season to get in shape...
Its evident that started to catch up with him as he aged