ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I just realized that there was no way Shaq was spouting this bullshyt back in 1999. So I searched for articles from when they acquired Glen Rice, and hit the jackpot with the 2nd one.

From March 14, 1999

Shaq in 1999 before the playoffs: "No excuses, we got this shyt in the bag!"

Shaq after getting swept by the Spurs: "Fake season, doesn't count, asterisk, I didn't even want to win that way."

:laff:

tenor.gif

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
I just realized that there was no way Shaq was spouting this bullshyt back in 1999. So I searched for articles from when they acquired Glen Rice, and hit the jackpot with the 2nd one.

From March 14, 1999

Shaq in 1999 before the playoffs: "No excuses, we got this shyt in the bag!"

Shaq after getting swept by the Spurs: "Fake season, doesn't count, asterisk, I didn't even want to win that way."

:laff:
:mjlol::laff:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm a Shaq fan and a Lakers fan, but Duncan had more longevity and is the GOAT PF, Shaq not the GOAT Center.

prime Shaq was the most dominant player i've ever seen, but his prime was cut short because breh liked eating too much. :yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I actually think it’s the opposite. Most people have in the top 10, some have him ahead of peers who accomplished more than him.

yet Shaq is seemingly the only player in the top 10 discussions that doesn’t have anything negative attached to his career

MJ - losing against the Pistons, not winning in the 80s in general, losing against Orlando

Magic - getting Westhead fired, 1984 “tragic magic”

Kobe - 2004 finals, running Shaq and Phil outta town

Bron - 2011 finals, switching teams a lot

TD - never repeated

Wilt - game 7 1968 finals a lot of old heads get at him for that

Yet for Shaq, 97/98/99 have NEVER been significantly held against him as part of his career narrative. Never. He played like ass in 2004 finals no blame, he contributed to the breakup of the lakers with no blame. Shaq has gotten a pass
People don't talk about these things offline. Shaq gets all his hate from shyt to do with Kobe. Also, people only seem to feel this way about Shaq online. Very interesting.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Those Knicks in the Finals were so overmatched. Its amazing Allen Houston going off got them a game and Sprewell almost got them Game 5.
The Knicks had a better roster, imo

The Spurs had Duncan and a just falling off DRob.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False. Just because Shaq was more popular does not make him better. You can make a legit argument for all his gifts of being “The most dominant ever” Shaq underachieved during his career and left plenty of points (poor free throws) championships (not taking care of himself as best he should) imagine if he was truly dedicated to his craft like Kobe in regards to his body.

Duncan was never close to the most athletic but squeezed every drop out of his talent. Jordan is the GOAT then Duncan is the second greatest player of all times but y’all don’t hear me tho :yeshrug:

Duncan is not the second best stop duncan is better.then lebron tho

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
From 97-2004, put Shaq on the Spurs, and put Duncan on the Lakers

Who wins more titles? :leon:

*walks away from fire*
That's not even a fair question because the Spurs' roster would have been an awful fit for Shaq. You can't just switch players with different skill sets and use that to judge them.

That being said....

Spurs with Shaq: 0 rings. Remember, Shaq didn't think that a Fisher-Kobe-Eddie Jones backcourt was good enough to win in 1999. The Spurs' backcourt was worse than that every single year of that era.

Lakers with Duncan: fukk....the only reason you can't pick 6 in a row from 1999-2004 is because they might have gotten fatigued or some shyt.

This is the 1998 roster:

Nick van Exel (all-star) / Derek Fisher
Eddie Jones (all-star) / Kobe Bryant (all-star)
Rick Fox
Tim Duncan (all-star) / Robert Horry
Elden Campbell

That team is loaded as fukk compared to what he was actually playing with and it's the worst roster Duncan would have had out of those seven years.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I don't shyt on anyone. I simply state the truth. Duncan is in a debate with Kevin Garnett on whose better. He ain't never been in a debate with Shaq. That's another tier of greatness. You know its true just like I do.

I don't know, you're selling Duncan short in all your posts. It's one thing to claim that Shaq is better than him. But to say that it's disrespectful to even compare them, call Duncan a beneficiary of a system and claim he never carried the Spurs on his back.......that goes beyond "stating the truth" and into you trying to tear down Duncan just so you can boost up Shaq. That's the real disrespect.

Let me ask you this: Do you agree with Shaq's original comments?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
People don't talk about these things offline. Shaq gets all his hate from shyt to do with Kobe. Also, people only seem to feel this way about Shaq online. Very interesting.

yes they do :dwillhuh:

Shaq don’t even get hate from anyone out here. Kobe fans setting the record straight isn’t hate. Online or offline the players I mentioned get shyt for those events while Shaq doesn’t for the late 90s that’s fact however you wanna spin it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know, you're selling Duncan short in all your posts. It's one thing to claim that Shaq is better than him. But to say that it's disrespectful to even compare them, call Duncan a beneficiary of a system and claim he never carried the Spurs on his back.......that goes beyond "stating the truth" and into you trying to tear down Duncan just so you can boost up Shaq. That's the real disrespect.

Let me ask you this: Do you agree with Shaq's original comments?

That's my belief. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. I watched Duncan's entire career and never once thought he was that dude. He has the accomplishments of a GOAT candidate but he never actually played at that level.

I would rate Kevin Durant higher than Duncan as far as being a dominant basketball player. Duncan is rated highly because of the awards he's accumulated not because of his actual playing ability.