ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s wild that nearly everything critique he has basketball wise comes from a place of insecurity , despite 4 rings and his unprecedented dominance .
I was gonna say this too and then remembered that there's someone with 6 titles who still does the same shyt. It's wild. Even Bill Russell does stuff that seems to come from a certain insecurity sometimes. It's gotta say something about the human condition.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I was gonna say this too and then remembered that there's someone with 6 titles who still does the same shyt. It's wild. Even Bill Russell does stuff that seems to come from a certain insecurity sometimes. It's gotta say something about the human condition.
Insightful post .

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Church. Never had a problem with Timmy personally because he never ran his mouth and was delusional. We know Bean was the Spurs killer.

Timmy and Bean Coulda pulled off some 60s Celtics run if they played together :damn:

And that ole Ralph Tresvant nikka Snaq had the nerve to wear Celtics green.... fukk all that. He should have more than 4 period. He mad Timmy and Bean got more.

Duncan and Kobe on the same team :huhldup:

One thing for sure Duncan wouldn't have a problem with Kobe taking over

Word to Parker and Kawhi

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
You do know that Duncan got hurt and knocked out for the season in 2000, right? :mjlol:

2001/2002 their rosters sucked cause everyone aged out (Admiral, Elie, Avery all went straight :flabbynsick:) and then the one guy they signed to improve, Derek Anderson, got hurt. Pretend like Duncan was supposed to beat the prime Shaq-Kobe Lakers with fukking Antonio Daniels as his #2 option, 38yo Terry Porter running the point, and 70 combined years of Danny Ferry and David Robinson filling out the starting frontcourt. :deadmanny:

Them early 00s spurs were so so...until they drafted Manu and Parker and let them develop into the all time great players. Even in 03 finals it took Duncan a damn near quadruple double game to close the series.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
O’Neal blasted the Spurs’ five titles on an episode of his show “The Big Podcast” claiming the Spurs 1999 title should not count because it was a shortened season. He also claims he personally wouldn’t claim an “asterisk” title since in his opinion it does not count.

“I’ll tell all of San Antonio to its face – you only have four. It’s an asterisk. That’s what I think. I would tell Mr. Duncan to his face you have four rings. It says you have five but the asterisks don’t count. In anything I do I never want asterisks about it.”

Shaquille O'Neal's Bold Message To Tim Duncan And The Spurs About Their 1999 NBA Title

Didn't mention anything about :troll: first title though :sas2:.

Duncan walking away from Shaq at the HOF ceremony like

duncan2.gif

Did he asterisk their first title when TD missed the playoffs :mjpls:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
3-3. Suns signed Shaq to deal with the Spurs in 2008, then this happened.

Edit: I was at this game (where I won Free Whataburger for a Year...link in sig :win: ). Can't believe Pop had Horry and Barry on the bench down 3 :ohhh:

Oh yeah fir sure, I didn't forget. I was just talking about when both were in their primes....

Duncan greater. It ain't a blowout, but Duncan got Shaq...

Beat me to it...

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
NBATV had that Blazers-Spurs Game 2 from 1999 the other day. Portland up the whole damn game only to choke it at the end. @Skooby @Serious

Those Knicks in the Finals were so overmatched. Its amazing Allen Houston going off got them a game and Sprewell almost got them Game 5.
Don't remind me. Should have won the first game too.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
You're not about to sit here and say Shaq won all the matchups versus Duncan lol...

Also, peak for peak, sure it goes to Shaq. Outside of the 3peat years, what were the actual years he was better than Duncan?

I put in the post before the one you quotes
I'm not basing my pick off what a whole team did

tim is more disciplined and has a better history vs shaq

but prime shaq is better in every category besides shooting... I think people are getting wrapped up in how THEY want to view this convo
it becomes an easy W for Tim because of the team history. I'm talking about straight up playing, I dont think Tim is making it through a whole 1v1 game against shaq

my example would be ... Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters of all time ... Warriors were serving Lakers near the end (probably last 5) years of Kobe's career
and Kobe has something like the most FG misses or top 5. I'm still picking Kobe over Klay 1v1 ... record and shooting % dont matter in a head on situation. All that stuff people are saying
about Tim is absolutely true, and the spurs are one of the best teams of all time. But head up, what is Tim gonna do in that setting? Shaq is better at 90% of everything. 1v1 I dont think Tim Duncan even comes out of that shyt healthy afterwards. Shaq struggled in a team setting Vs Yao Ming too, mainly because of the post jumper... which would be similar to Duncan. But I'm saying 1v1 .... realistically Yao would get fukking ragdolled at 7'6 against Shaq. I dont think there is any player in NBA history in a real basketball setting thats gonna stop Shaq. People were hacking him and he was holding back to not hurt anyone for the most part. If you let Shaq do what he wanted outside of team basketball ... I dont think Tony Parker and Tim Duncan together are stopping that ... For lack of a better sentence to sum up this post. I think Shaq could kill Tim Duncan on accident if he wanted to. If you use this newschool p*ssy wnba shyt, maybe Tim could shoot fall away jumpers... But Shaq 1 on 1 wouldnt have to give 70% effort to punish 95% of the history of the NBA. Kareem too, he's got a look at being called Goat and I respect and love him... Shaq fukking hates Kareem, unless Kareem is shooting all hooks 100% of the time. Shaq would purposely try to hurt and punish Kareem head up. You would have to put like a 20-24 year old Kareem in to survive that shyt. Shaq with NBA david stern rules was still cheap as fukk, I dont think people really watched or remember.

He was one of the only people from that era who was an absolute problem ... like legitimately if they arent calling shyt. Shaq might just ruin the whole game and body everyone. There hasnt been a time where people were like "oh fukk I gotta play Tim Duncan tonight" ... you missed my first post, but I was a Suns fan. I've seen Spurs eat shyt with my own eyes from Clippers, Suns Etc. I'm not even saying Tim aint a top player I am 100% not mad at people riding and loving the Spurs. In a real game yeah maybe and historically yeah... but 1v1 for basketball... nah I dont think Tim is bodying shaq, even if he used Tiago Splitter as a sub. One drop step on Tim could potentially end his shyt for a month. It's like someone saying "well dudes have belts and great records maybe they could fight Prime Tyson" nah probably not. And Shaq is arguably worse than Prime Tyson because he's 7 foot and 325lbs, he could probably drop 20 with Tim Duncan riding on his back. I laugh and say Hakeem crushed him that one time and blah blah... but head up. Hakeem wouldnt be doing that shake shyt, Shaq would probably dislocate his shoulder just to prove a point.