Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

Spin

All Star
Daps
What's crazy is after Pablo's downfall, the amount of cocaine exported from Colombia only continued to grow. Like that guy told the DEA lady(or whatever she was), "Pablo is the target right now". They had info on the Cali Cartel, but chose to only go at Pablo because it would be good for headlines back in the US.

It seems the Colombian's in power now keep a lower profile and hand everything off to the Mexican cartels to distribute. If you follow the money trail you see how US/European Governments and institutions are involved as well. HSBC was fined $2billion a few years ago, but got off without criminal charges of money laundering. The reason they didn't go at them harder was because they claimed it would "cause a financial crisis" HSBC avoided US money laundering charges because of 'market risk' fears - BBC News.

It's amazing after all these years that the FARC in Colombia still has as much power as they do. The Government just signed a "peace" deal with them FARC peace deal seen boosting Colombia’s economy—but not yet.

It's almost as if Pablo is just used as a boogeyman to keep people from paying attention to what's currently happening.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is after Pablo's downfall, the amount of cocaine exported from Colombia only continued to grow. Like that guy told the DEA lady(or whatever she was), "Pablo is the target right now". They had info on the Cali Cartel, but chose to only go at Pablo because it would be good for headlines back in the US.

It seems the Colombian's in power now keep a lower profile and hand everything off to the Mexican cartels to distribute. If you follow the money trail you see how US/European Governments and institutions are involved as well. HSBC was fined $2billion a few years ago, but got off without criminal charges of money laundering. The reason they didn't go at them harder was because they claimed it would "cause a financial crisis" HSBC avoided US money laundering charges because of 'market risk' fears - BBC News.

It's amazing after all these years that the FARC in Colombia still has as much power as they do. The Government just signed a "peace" deal with them FARC peace deal seen boosting Colombia’s economy—but not yet.

It's almost as if Pablo is just used as a boogeyman to keep people from paying attention to what's currently happening.
The Cali cartel wasn't blowing up airplanes and detonating bombs in public places.
And they seemingly were not murdering cops simply for being cops the way Pablo was.

Pablo wasn't a scapegoat or boogeyman.
He was the devil.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Pablo was Gotti, Cali was Gigante and the Genovese. Pablo was just too flamboyant. Them Cali n1ggaz looked like legit business men. I imagine season 3 is going to be about them and Los Pepes.

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
they really did catch Pablo slipping, he was killed with no shoes on. I'm also amazed he never figured out all his guys were getting caught because of their phone use

lol yeah if he had figured that out he would still be alive and strng

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
The Cali cartel wasn't blowing up airplanes and detonating bombs in public places.
And they seemingly were not murdering cops simply for being cops the way Pablo was.

He was the devil.

who was more power at their peak cali or medellin

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who was more power at their peak cali or medellin
I don't know.

It was likely Escobar and the Medellin cartel.

That coke imports/consumption went up after Pablo's death is probably because things quieted down and that made it better for business

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was excited about seeing The Red Viper as the star, running around Miami smashing Cuban chicks every episode trying to shut down the Cali Cartel:blessed:

Then I remembered Steve is FROM Miami, so the writers will definitely have him in the season on some "Pablo's dead, I need more drug dealers to catch" shyt:beli:

Spin

All Star
Daps

He was the devil.

I'm not defending Pablo. I'm making an observation that seems to happen over and over again. Like a earlier post mentioned, Pablo was similar to Gotti in that they were both flashy and drawing attention. That is part of the reason for their downfall. However, the media loves to play these guys up

For people wondering about The Cali cartel, a quick google search will show they exceeded Pablo's crew. It also makes it apparent that none of these cartels can operate without government support either direct or indirect. Once their usefulness runs out, they're shut down.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not defending Pablo. I'm making an observation that seems to happen over and over again. Like a earlier post mentioned, Pablo was similar to Gotti in that they were both flashy and drawing attention. That is part of the reason for their downfall. However, the media loves to play these guys up

For people wondering about The Cali cartel, a quick google search will show they exceeded Pablo's crew. It also makes it apparent that none of these cartels can operate without government support either direct or indirect. Once their usefulness runs out, they're shut down.
The media didn't create the Pablo boogeyman.
He did enough evil things to warrant all the condemnation he got.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't know.

It was likely Escobar and the Medellin cartel.

That coke imports/consumption went up after Pablo's death is probably because things quieted down and that made it better for business
Cali controlled NY breh. Im gonna say they were more powerful, Esco just had more headlines. They had chemist putting coke in materials and shyt. :mindblown:

I really think this is like the American Mob. Gotti got all the press, but it was people more powerful than him.
ever hear of the Cali cartel before narcos?

I've seen more shyt on John Gotti than Carlo Gambino, but who was more powerful :beli:

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cali controlled NY breh. Im gonna say they were more powerful, Esco just had more headlines. They had chemist putting coke in materials and shyt. :mindblown:

I really thing this is luke the American Mob. Gotti got all the oress, but it was people more powerful than him.
Well, considering Pablo's massive wealth, it's hard to say Cali had more influence than him.

Sure, they might have been more lowkey and sophisticated. But the Medellin cartel was reportedly responsible for 80% of the world's cocaine.

80 percent breh.