Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
A second-rate docu-drama. :russell:

The first season had its moments, but 30 for 30: The Two Escobars is still a better watch; and at 1/10 the length, a better time investment.

A couple of things I really dig about the show. The show was at its strongest when it focused on the actual events, as they happened. Anytime a scene began with real footage from that period, I payed close attention because I knew the story was back on track. I also enjoyed getting a look at some of the back channel strategies and power plays.

The need to shoehorn in a bunch of flimsy storylines--all seemingly revolving around either the bullshyt psychoanalysis of Pablo, or some tough boss ass female character--into this season sort of ruined the show.

Also the need for these random moments of moral winks didn't work for me either. Present the material, tell the story, I'll decide what is moral and immoral, just and unjust. I'm an adult, I can do that. Sometimes the show did a good job of that, sometimes it didn't.

I'm interested in what some of you guys enjoy about the show though.

Door is that way nikka :camby:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Watched whole season now
Kinda slowed down towards the end but overall a good season of narcos

What's funny to me is Pablo loosing public support for the shopping center bombing when dude literally blew up a plane full of people trying to kill Gavira
I just have no idea how all of this happened under wraps but clearly would have been a much bigger deal in context
Pablo's death probably didn't happen like that in real life
Pablo's mom was really crazy though
Onto the Cali Cartel though, I know from browsing wikipedia that the Costanoes don't last much longer

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
Watched whole season now
Kinda slowed down towards the end but overall a good season of narcos

What's funny to me is Pablo loosing public support for the shopping center bombing when dude literally blew up a plane full of people trying to kill Gavira
I just have no idea how all of this happened under wraps but clearly would have been a much bigger deal in context
Pablo's death probably didn't happen like that in real life
Pablo's mom was really crazy though
Onto the Cali Cartel though, I know from browsing wikipedia that the Costanoes don't last much longer

What do you mean pablos death didnt happen like that in real life?

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I was too young to follow the Escobar stuff growing up but this shyt in the Philippines is kinda similar? Just without a kingpin type. President has legit death squads out there hunting down all the drug dealers :whoa:

Police chief sent out a message saying "if you know where a drug dealer lives, pour gas on it and light that shyt up :huhldup:

UN condemned that shyt but he's like maybe we'll just leave the UN:manny:

The fukkery brehs :whoo::whew:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I was too young to follow the Escobar stuff growing up but this shyt in the Philippines is kinda similar? Just without a kingpin type. President has legit death squads out there hunting down all the drug dealers :whoa:

Police chief sent out a message saying "if you know where a drug dealer lives, pour gas on it and light that shyt up :huhldup:

UN condemned that shyt but he's like maybe we'll just leave the UN:manny:

The fukkery brehs :whoo::whew:
:merchant:

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She's Mexican, so it seems weird that the coli is messing with her like that :mjpls:

From my time on this forum, everyone on here seems to describe all Mexican women as short, fat, and shaped like a refrigerator.:mjlol:
She's beautiful.

Mexico does have an obesity problem...I think more than the United States. So the stereotype of boxy-shaped Mexican women might not be far off.
But the American women aint fair behind.

Anyway, attractive is attractive :manny:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The real la quica was caught in Queens in 91. He servin 10 life sentences right now.

Some shyt they should just left alone, instead of messing it up for drama purposes. Takin real characters and adding a bunch of ::duck: is just :beli:

It's Hollywood, man. Movies & shows about real life-events are never 100% true to source. They always add things or take things out, tell the story the way they want to. If you want the true story you're better off catching a documentary.