Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
heard pablo escobars wife is married to someone from cali cartel is it true breh?
I don't think so.

I saw a documentary a while back where Pablo's son reaches out to the sons of Bonilla and Galan (whom Pablo murdered). And I don't think there was much about the wife in it. But I believe they were living in Chile because they feared being in Colombia.

*Edit - I looked it up and it appears they lived in several countries but they settled in Argentina.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so.

I saw a documentary a while back where Pablo's son reaches out to the sons of Bonilla and Galan (whom Pablo murdered). And I don't think there was much about the wife in it. But I believe they were living in Chile because they feared being in Colombia.

*Edit - I looked it up and it appears they lived in several countries but they settled in Argentina.

He's not even in the narco and people still wanna kill him

By the way there still finding Escobar buried money all over the country

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
season 2 is def better than season 1.

i never understood why the government kept the family safe for so fukking long. i would have murked all them especially the grandmother
besides the ethical problems with executing his wife and kids especially, they were using them as a bargaining chip. it's kind of clear in the show.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
season 2 is def better than season 1.

i never understood why the government kept the family safe for so fukking long. i would have murked all them especially the grandmother
besides the ethical problems with executing his wife and kids especially, they were using them as a bargaining chip. it's kind of clear in the show.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
escobar.gif
OHzaDnu.png

Steve looking real :flabbynsick:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's Agent Peña time come season 3
so much fukkery going on there. he in deep with the cali cartel, but the bald colombian dude who he works with also snitched on him so wtf.

like i said earlier everyone is playing everyone in this show. the only one who was straight up with his associates/enemies (this season) was pablo. :wow:

and the narrator guy too i guess now that i think about it. he had his moment where he almost went full on crazy in episode 3, but he toned it back. i love this show.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
A second-rate docu-drama. :russell:

The first season had its moments, but 30 for 30: The Two Escobars is still a better watch; and at 1/10 the length, a better time investment.

A couple of things I really dig about the show. The show was at its strongest when it focused on the actual events, as they happened. Anytime a scene began with real footage from that period, I payed close attention because I knew the story was back on track. I also enjoyed getting a look at some of the back channel strategies and power plays.

The need to shoehorn in a bunch of flimsy storylines--all seemingly revolving around either the bullshyt psychoanalysis of Pablo, or some tough boss ass female character--into this season sort of ruined the show.

Also the need for these random moments of moral winks didn't work for me either. Present the material, tell the story, I'll decide what is moral and immoral, just and unjust. I'm an adult, I can do that. Sometimes the show did a good job of that, sometimes it didn't.

I'm interested in what some of you guys enjoy about the show though.

Last edited: