Eric B. and Rakim tweet: Witnessing devolution of Rap

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Well look who is aiding and abetting them?

Every major criminal has a codefendant

BY9PILoCUAAyxgt.jpg:large
He look like an old ass Eminem :mjlol:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bro. Somethin that I dont think I ever asked u about or got ya input on. What u think about Roc Marciano? U ever heard his Reloaded album?

I enjoy roc.
He is one of the only guys who is an exact contemporary.
who has the same high quality grasp of vocal tonality as I do.
He has good coming from in the end of the night from kicking it music. That became a listening staple of mine in the coming home from the club in my luxury whip era. That began when ras kass's it is what is, was my go to coming home from the club then.

Art Barr

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Ra did alot of that shyt himself. DJing and Production.

I've been wondering about this for a while, but did Rakim also do the work on Paid in Full and Follow the Leader? I know after that, it was definitely him and the occasional guest producer but was Eric B. actually scratching or producing any records at any time?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've been wondering about this for a while, but did Rakim also do the work on Paid in Full and Follow the Leader? I know after that, it was definitely him and the occasional guest producer but was Eric B. actually scratching or producing any records at any time?
He did alot of that shyt bro. Lol

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
The tweet and thread is about the deevolution of hip hop. U mentioned the content from an album from 1987 trying to draw a correlation to what nikkas is doin now and IM telling u that as ridiculous as it is to make the correlation cause I dont fully agree with what u reduced the album to. At the same time all it does is prove the shyt aint evolve. If u wasnt talkin bout that then I dont even know why u came in the thread to make a useless post that has nothing to do with the quote at hand in the first place. Either way like I said its about balance and the problem is there’s not enough balance in content on a mainstream level anymore. And not enough skills on display either. Also a complete lack of individuality and creativity.

That nikka brought up a 30 year old album to deflect the whole emphasis of the Tweet :mjlol:These mainstream apologists I tell ya

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Well, Hip Hop was never expected to last more than 30 years..:ehh:

So painful to see a once glorious artform dying a slow and agonising death, someone needs to just kill if off once and for all and putit out of its mysery.:mjcry:

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I'm convinced people who identify with what's in the OP, have been living in a cave for at least a year. No more condescension from old heads, how bad is rap doing really?
We had a year where:
Raekwon dropped a solid album
Jay dropped a solid album
Ross dropped a solid album
Ma$e, Dipset returned
Rapsody dropped some heat outta nowhere
Kendrick dropped a solid album
Big KRIT dropped a solid double disc album
Wu-Tang returned, dropped a solid album
Joey Bada$$ dropped a solid album
Drake dropped a solid album
Etc.
Literally one of the best years in hip hop in the past decade just occurred, and nikkas wanna cry over a YouTube clip of some gay dude no one has ever heard of. :hhh::stopitslime::francis:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
no wonder the bar is so low.

Kendrick is shyttier than some mumble rappers and is out here biting their flows.

If you wanna blame hip hop for its woat state, blame the people who supposedly are dropping multiple classics. Why isn't their music raising the bar? Maybe because it's actually dumb in reality and it's not inspiring anyone to do better :jbhmm:

I knew you'd be in this thread having his name in your mouth :russ:

whoever you're talking to, it's a shytposter I have on ignore. He either has Drake's name on his lips, SirBiatch's or both. That's just how it goes around here.

I'm convinced people who identify with what's in the OP, have been living in a cave for at least a year. No more condescension from old heads, how bad is rap doing really?
We had a year where:
Raekwon dropped a solid album
Jay dropped a solid album
Ross dropped a solid album
Ma$e, Dipset returned
Rapsody dropped some heat outta nowhere
Kendrick dropped a solid album
Big KRIT dropped a solid double disc album
Wu-Tang returned, dropped a solid album
Joey Bada$$ dropped a solid album
Drake dropped a solid album
Etc.
Literally one of the best years in hip hop in the past decade just occurred, and nikkas wanna cry over a YouTube clip of some gay dude no one has ever heard of. :hhh::stopitslime::francis:

your bar is low as fukk. And this is the real problem.

Someone starts to complain and keep it real about the mediocrity and y'all pretend like dudes is out of touch. I've heard tracks from every single one of those albums you listed. All straight up :trash:

We gotta stop doing this: just listing all releases of the year from whatever subgenre of hip hop we fukk with in a lame attempt to seem current. It's so :russell: at this point.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
your bar is low as fukk. And this is the real problem.

Someone starts to complain and keep it real about the mediocrity and y'all pretend like dudes is out of touch. I've heard tracks from every single one of those albums you listed. Straight up :trash:

We gotta stop doing: just listing all releases of the year from whatever subgenre of hip hop we fukk with. It's so :russell: at this point.
Dudes ARE out of touch, no pretending necessary. Posting ':trash:' is a lame ass copout. If you have an opinion then get to it, calling everything trash is just lazy shytposting. Am I to understand that you believe that NONE of the projects I listed are good?

You wanna talk about what's :russell:?

The same fukking 'music is declining, what happened to yesterday' ass threads that get posted in the booth every other day.