Eric B. and Rakim tweet: Witnessing devolution of Rap

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Who actually handles content for the Eric b and rakim account.

Real talk,...
Kinda hard to stomach the Eric b portion cause Eric b in admin, scope and execution sold out, tho.

So, trying to take this in is difficult. If I don't know it came directly more from Ra than Eric b.
As although it is a tweet and short in length in premise. I have to challenge whom is saying this.
As it has complete credence from one party and no credence from the other.

Art Barr

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Hiphop is not a microcosm of the country.

I would have to disagree. The whole world in front of your face is a mirror, my philosophy is built around this principle.

It may represent a specific voice or crowd that is being affect the country at large but it all trickles down and has to be represented within. Even with all of the interference and manipulation, there will never not be a time when Hip Hop as a culture or rap as a genre of music isn't responding to what is going on with all of us.

Agent Orange is the president we deserve, he is the perfect manifestation of our collective shadow. The way rap music looks like right now is telling us LOTS about ourselves, where we are, what we should/could do to move forward but nikkas gotta stop SPECTATING, myself included. I am of the mind that Hip Hop (and life in general) is STARVING for participation of the people on the sidelines who have the most to say about what's wrong, who's wrong, what needs to change because it is ultimately a creative movement, not a critical one.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I would have to disagree. The whole world in front of your face is a mirror, my philosophy is built around this principle.

It may represent a specific voice or crowd that is being affect the country at large but it all trickles down and has to be represented within. Even with all of the interference and manipulation, there will never not be a time when Hip Hop as a culture or rap as a genre of music isn't responding to what is going on with all of us.

Agent Orange is the president we deserve, he is the perfect manifestation of our collective shadow. The way rap music looks like right now is telling us LOTS about ourselves, where we are, what we should/could do to move forward but nikkas gotta stop SPECTATING, myself included. I am of the mind that Hip Hop (and life in general) is STARVING for participation of the people on the sidelines who have the most to say about what's wrong, who's wrong, what needs to change because it is ultimately a creative movement, not a critical one.

Rap music can give imagery of the country.
Yet hiphop occurs from the impoverished from being black first.
Yet hiphop is prescient.
Meaning it learns, and Rap by theory is a prohibitive tale audio book from the impoverished culture of hiphop. The problem with rap and notice the verbiage used by the tweet. It says rap not hiphop. Rap has been in steady decline skill wise but that is not culturally from hiphop. That is from misappropiation of art houses and the prison industrial economy using rap as a gateway marketing medium to destroy black life in America. Plus act through that as a discoveryzone to hamper all of society. Yet rap and hiphop should be blamed nor given the distinction of causing erosion after it has been misappropriated.
Right now, rap is a gateway destructive and compromised medium from the meddling to create profitability and privatization based business. Yet in that hiphop and Rap should NOT take the blame.
for being what created THE MISAPPROPRIATIONS.
NOR, should rap and hiphop have to be a reflection of the microcosm that you speak. This principle you missed was tackled in the scene as early as Blondie with kids.

Art Barr

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
You had a nikka freestyling about his cheeks getting blown out on world syndicate radio and possibly gonna be blowing up. You had another one basically justifying being a rat. You have OG's cosigning pokemon players turning thugs for a bag, Plus the fans and its new gen of rappers spits in the face regularly of tradition and its legends. Shyt is basically a corpse at this point. Plus you got cornball ass nikkas whom aint even from the turf giving power positions to speak for the culture and giving a true misrepresentation of it as a whole.
When I read the tweet, the first thing that came to mind was that it is more they devalue the culture, not so much the art. There are so many different artists that you can't say that rap devolving. But you can definitely say the culture is devolving.

Like Phil Leotardo said,
"This thing of ours, either it got meaning or it dont."

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Who actually handles content for the Eric b and rakim account.

Real talk,...
Kinda hard to stomach the Eric b portion cause Eric b in admin, scope and execution sold out, tho.

So, trying to take this in is difficult. If I don't know it came directly more from Ra than Eric b.
As although it is a tweet and short in length in premise. I have to challenge whom is saying this.
As it has complete credence from one party and no credence from the other.

Art Barr
Ra has nothing to do with that page. Eric B created it and attached Ra’s name to it. Im not 100% sure Eric actually writes the posts tho but I know for a fact that Ra has absolutely nothing to do with that page. Ra only has Facebook.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Yet hiphop occurs from the impoverished from being black first.
Yet hiphop is prescient.
Meaning it learns, and Rap by theory is a prohibitive tale audio book from the impoverished culture of hiphop. The problem with rap and notice the verbiage used by the tweet. It says rap not hiphop. Rap has been in steady decline skill wise but that is not culturally from hiphop. That is from misappropiation of art houses and the prison industrial economy using rap as a gateway marketing medium to destroy black life in America. Plus act through that as a discoveryzone to hamper all of society. Yet rap and hiphop should be blamed nor given the distinction of causing erosion after it has been misappropriated.
Right now, rap is a gateway destructive and compromised medium from the meddling to create profitability and privatization based business. Yet in that hiphop and Rap should NOT take the blame.
for being what created THE MISAPPROPRIATIONS.
NOR, should rap and hiphop have to be a reflection of the microcosm that you speak. This principle you missed was tackled in the scene as early as Blondie with kids.

Art Barr

I don't think it's about blame or what rap should or shouldn't be. There is def a distinction to be made between RAP MUSIC and Hip Hop culture, people join them at the hip even though the conveyor belt hasn't been operated by the culture for a long, long time. I despise people who try and lay the blame for the negativity that rap creates at the feet of the culture itself, it's lazy and dangerous IMO.

But when I lean back to grok what lies before me I see how and why things are the way they are. All the dots connect from the control system to the rise of the "Lil's" in rap. And while I certainly have a preference for what I would like to see be put on front street, I see the big picture. The world, rap included has no choice but to be the reflection. The reason why things stagnate and seemingly get worse is because most people either stand in front of the mirror pointing fingers or they look away on some "I've outgrown Hip Hop" shyt.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
No lies were told though. Rhyming words to portray a message used to be an artform until it got jacked, exploited and turned out like a $2 hoe and now we've got mumbling, barely coherent idiots over cheap ass, poorly mastered beats that the younguns are dumb enough to accept because they're high as a kite.

I know, :flabbynsick: but its like they took that uncut raw and stepped on it so much that people are just getting high on placebo now as the magic is gone.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ra has nothing to do with that page. Eric B created it and attached Ra’s name to it. Im not 100% sure Eric actually writes the posts tho but I know for a fact that Ra has absolutely nothing to do with that page. Ra only has Facebook.

I started to ampersand at ya, on this for your input.
I stopped cause I did not wanna put you on the spot like that without your input.
Glad to see your response, especially on this matter.
Props for this.
Now we can get to the real on this.
How can an artist speak on degradation/devolition.
when, they also contributed to it.
Plus contributed to it in a way.
that went against that the cultural core scope of what brought you to the dance. On top of the flodgin's while the dance was occurring. To the point, said principal artist never ever was a actual skilled DJ.
Now we have established who this is coming from. This is the same bullshyt similar to puff trying to hide his hands earlier last year. While trying to address the lack of quality as well.

Dese sellout ass nikkaz....argghhh....

The pain of learning the truth about Eric b, cuts fukk'n deep.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think it's about blame or what rap should or shouldn't be. There is def a distinction to be made between RAP MUSIC and Hip Hop culture, people join them at the hip even though the conveyor belt hasn't been operated by the culture for a long, long time. I despise people who try and lay the blame for the negativity that rap creates at the feet of the culture itself, it's lazy and dangerous IMO.

But when I lean back to grok what lies before me I see how and why things are the way they are. All the dots connect from the control system to the rise of the "Lil's" in rap. And while I certainly have a preference for what I would like to see be put on front street, I see the big picture. The world, rap included has no choice but to be the reflection. The reason why things stagnate and seemingly get worse is because most people either stand in front of the mirror pointing fingers or they look away on some "I've outgrown Hip Hop" shyt.

This is the issue with misappropiation tho.
It creates a false sense of someone can take the place of a culture. Plus, be oblivious to the actual thing they want to misappropriate. Which is where the whole idea.
I can dress up when I feel like it.
to look like a fair weather bboy from hiphop culture.
I know in a country you can only be what a country allows you to do. So, In that hiphop culture arose to take and counter the fact that artistic and cultural development were lacking in America from america's systematic de-evolution of the scholastics programs in America. Including the general race created poverty.
Yet and still this country took hiphop's last economic stand and business.
As a byproduct via discovery zone and misappropriated brain trust. Then further manipulated society, not just culture all of society past the point of no return.

That is not hiphop's fault and hiphop should not be made to be monolith in that regard.
The idea that all of hiphop is gangsta rap based is a lie. Simply because hiphop eradicated and is anti-GANG.
YET, because we have a country marketing, it is a prison colony. Hiphop has to become shackled to more than what hiphop culture is at its core.

Art Barr

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I started to ampersand at ya, on this for your input.
I stopped cause I did not wanna put you on the spot like that without your input.
Glad to see your response, especially on this matter.
Props for this.
Now we can get to the real on this.
How can an artist speak on degradation/devolition.
when, they also contributed to it.
Plus contributed to it in a way.
that went against that the cultural core scope of what brought you to the dance. On top of the flodgin's while the dance was occurring. To the point, said principal artist never ever was a actual skilled DJ.
Now we have established who this is coming from. This is the same bullshyt similar to puff trying to hide his hands earlier last year. While trying to address the lack of quality as well.

Dese sellout ass nikkaz....argghhh....

The pain of learning the truth about Eric b, cuts fukk'n deep.

Art Barr
Ra did alot of that shyt himself. DJing and Production.

Sir Brehsington

Mr. Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsidential Housing
You had a nikka freestyling about his cheeks getting blown out on world syndicate radio and possibly gonna be blowing up. You had another one basically justifying being a rat. You have OG's cosigning pokemon players turning thugs for a bag, Plus the fans and its new gen of rappers spits in the face regularly of tradition and its legends. Shyt is basically a corpse at this point. Plus you got cornball ass nikkas whom aint even from the turf giving power positions to speak for the culture and giving a true misrepresentation of it as a whole.

I know u new age nikkas like to say us older heads be hating, but there is not a lie written here.