Eric B. and Rakim tweet: Witnessing devolution of Rap

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You didn’t have to convey the exact words “respect/disrespect” to convey the message you lying ass bytchmade punk.

Cry about it sensitive ass nikka:mjlol:. Lame ass nikka, I explained what I meant you still adding to it.

You mad they made you carry their records or something?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Alright Clark Kent, if you were contributing more as one individual rather than an alter ego, maybe some better quality threads would be at the top. I gave some albums as examples. Do y'all really not know what etc. means? Or do you need it to be a short list you can dismiss to prove a non-existent point? There is very little shared between the albums I've listed as far as:
Lyricism level
Flow
Beat
Vocals
Sound
And somehow they're ALL 'below solid?' Do better y'all.
And I'm not Sugar Hill Gang old, but trust me when I say I didn't miss any year you'd consider 'great.'

what???
okay, I see youre new here. you don't get it.

outside of beats, the bar is low right now.
and you didn't even mention the albums with the hot beats, so I see what type of listener you are.

:laugh:

And it's hilarious how you're talking about great underground artists not getting shine yet here you are NOT giving them shine. You can't make this shyt up

At the end of the day, you don't even care if they get shine or not. You're not mentioning them because you're too shook to rep them for fear of being dissed. If that aint some sad shyt, I don't know what is. Call new artists great but have no backbone to provide specifics, brehs

Good music is a couple keys away to people who celebrate mediocrity.

THIS
THIS

poundedyam

Banned
Daps
Yes, quality content in mainstream rap is nearly dead, but there has never been an easier time to find good artists that still exemplify the best qualities of hip hop music. Old nikkas gotta move past the old platforms that rap music rested on in the past. i.e. Radio & Music Videos.

Disagree.
Its 100 percent harder to find good music because the majority of rap music being made is not good.
Its awful.
Back in the day all you really had to do was turn on the radio or press the tv remote control to listen to good music.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Disagree.
Its 100 percent harder to find good music because the majority of rap music being made is not good.
Its awful.
Back in the day all you really had to do was turn on the radio or press the tv remote control to listen to good music.

Back in the day is a very vague time period.

But there has always been terrible music mixed in with good music. But "back in the day", you were limited to what some executive or program director felt was profitable enough to make it to air.

Today, you can literally find 1 artist that you like, and one of these streaming sites will build a whole radio station around similar sounding artists that you would have never had the chance to hear before.

You got message boards like the Coli or any message board that conforms to your taste to tell you who to check for.

You can just google who's trending musically, who's making street music, or critically acclaimed music, or highly lyrical music. We in the information age breh, and all of the information is at your fingertips.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Back in the day is a very vague time period.

But there has always been terrible music mixed in with good music. But "back in the day", you were limited to what some executive or program director felt was profitable enough to make it to air.

Today, you can literally find 1 artist that you like, and one of these streaming sites will build a whole radio station around similar sounding artists that you would have never had the chance to hear before.

You got message boards like the Coli or any message board that conforms to your taste to tell you who to check for.

You can just google who's trending musically, who's making street music, or critically acclaimed music, or highly lyrical music. We in the information age breh, and all of the information is at your fingertips.

no offense but yall type this stuff for nothing.

even the good stuff of today, doesn't hold a candle to the mid-level stuff of previous decades.