Eric B. and Rakim tweet: Witnessing devolution of Rap

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but sometimes you have to to take a couple steps back in order to take a leap forward.

Hip Hop is a microcosm of the country at large, can't expect nikkas to be outchea eating tide pods in the real world and not have the music be reflective of the retardation.

What comes after such a low point is what's interesting/innovative. Destroy and rebuild.

Honestly this is what I'm hoping for. I see a little light shining through in some of these new artists that can turn into something great

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Paid in Full was really not about anything besides how nice they were, still one if not the best album not too much difference from rapping about how rich you are as long as you have bars, stories, flow and creativity :manny:.

Personally I like different shyt, Uzi’s shyt bangs harder than Ras Kass at a party, some have better stories, some have better pure emceeing skills, some have that social shyt and some rap about the streets like a well executed movie.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Paid in Full was really not about anything besides how nice they were, still one if not the best album not too much difference from rapping about how rich you are as long as you have bars, stories, flow and creativity :manny:.

Personally I like different shyt, Uzi’s shyt bangs harder than Ras Kass at a party, some have better stories, some have better pure emceeing skills, some have that social shyt and some rap about the streets like a well executed movie.
It about balance fam. And Paid In Full was a pioneer album that dropped in 1987. Its 2018 and 31 years later my nikka u sound ridiculous. Lol. Even if u believed the shyt u saying the point still stands.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
It about balance fam. And Paid In Full was a pioneer album that dropped in 1987. Its 2018 and 31 years later my nikka u sound ridiculous. Lol. Even if u believed the shyt u saying the point still stands.
What does 31 years ago have to do with anything? :what:

I need to put you on ignore.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What does 31 years ago have to do with anything? :what:

I need to put you on ignore.
The tweet and thread is about the deevolution of hip hop. U mentioned the content from an album from 1987 trying to draw a correlation to what nikkas is doin now and IM telling u that as ridiculous as it is to make the correlation cause I dont fully agree with what u reduced the album to. At the same time all it does is prove the shyt aint evolve. If u wasnt talkin bout that then I dont even know why u came in the thread to make a useless post that has nothing to do with the quote at hand in the first place. Either way like I said its about balance and the problem is there’s not enough balance in content on a mainstream level anymore. And not enough skills on display either. Also a complete lack of individuality and creativity.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You had a nikka freestyling about his cheeks getting blown out on world syndicate radio and possibly gonna be blowing up. You had another one basically justifying being a rat. You have OG's cosigning pokemon players turning thugs for a bag, Plus the fans and its new gen of rappers spits in the face regularly of tradition and its legends. Shyt is basically a corpse at this point. Plus you got cornball ass nikkas whom aint even from the turf giving power positions to speak for the culture and giving a true misrepresentation of it as a whole.
:mjlol:who?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
The truth hurts the most.:pacspit:

The fact that Kendrick and Drake are "carrying" the culture forward speaks volumes to the mediocrity we have allowed to stay and be nurtured.

I can't even listen to new artists anymore and I'm their demographic.:scust:
Like you have any control. So naive.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I agree, but sometimes you have to to take a couple steps back in order to take a leap forward.

Hip Hop is a microcosm of the country at large, can't expect nikkas to be outchea eating tide pods in the real world and not have the music be reflective of the retardation.

What comes after such a low point is what's interesting/innovative. Destroy and rebuild.

Hiphop is not a microcosm of the country.
Hiphop is the voice of the impoverished social stratum of pillar skill based artistry.
We may lyrically report on the happenings of the world as emcees. Yet, bboy/bgirl are to be prescient.
Plus have and acquire knowledge of self as a key target to life.

The problem is our economic based businesses were hijacked as gateways and in profitability. Where the wrong non culturally endorsed individuals are given erroneous precedent over real pillar skill based people within the culture.
So we have the business of rap, which masked over the skill based pillars in scope culturally. Which ruins the effective gateway for possible prospective culturally aware, skilled and culturally responsible bboys/bgirls to be created. The issue is power was given to art houses after they were ostracized early in graf. After graf ostracized the art house because art houses steal/stole. Everything from graf mediums now called fonts. To that art house behavior going from pillar to pillar.
eventually misappropriating every business derived from the pillars. To eventually include all the pillar based businesses and also rap completely.
While also leaving the other pillars no draw, and no economic feasibility or profitability.

Art Barr