Enough is enough, PS4 PRO is a borderline CON

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay that's fine but why aren't they just making games that are native 4K? what's the hold up?
Every game has different needs depending on what that specific game's developer desires of it. Simply put, a game like say GTA where there's a lot of shyt going on requires a certain amount of grunt to deliver 4K. The dev can choose to make the graphics lower quality or lessen the scope of the game to achieve 4K but then people will complain that the "graphics look booty". If they hit 4K, then they gotta worry about the performance of the game.

If the performance isn't mostly to rock solid, then those very same people gonna be bytching about how this new hardware can't hold 30fps completely disregarding that the game is also pushing 8 million pixels just to look the part.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another problem is people focusing too much on 4K. But not enough on what it does for 1080p. fukk 4K. It can help games get supersampled and run at 1080p 60fps with higher graphic settings and effects. The dev's can choose to use the extra power how they please. Sony should've honestly made this part more clear rather than trying to push this shyt as a 4K box. Final Fantasy runs at 900p 30fps on the OG PS4. There's a patch releasing this month that will make it run 1080p 60fps on the Pro.
Sony made this clear in their very first unveil if people were watching. Digital Foundry made this clear. There was videos and videos posted like every day.
It was posted in the PS4 Pro Faq on the Sony Blog. The problem was Sony was the donkey of the day because people were more overly concerned about the lack of a 4K bluray drive and then not being able to actually see much differences through a youtube stream of HQ games made folks at home see the Pro in a not so positive light.

There was a thread on it here. DF made videos/discussed it. The reason why it seems like shyt wasn't made clear was everybody was so quick to troll/act concerned about the shyt that they ended up derailing good intentioned threads like this one.
PS4 Pro High Res Games Media(Videos/Images) Thread

People rather talk about other shyt rather than read what's posted.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Every game has different needs depending on what that specific game's developer desires of it. Simply put, a game like say GTA where there's a lot of shyt going on requires a certain amount of grunt to deliver 4K. The dev can choose to make the graphics lower quality or lessen the scope of the game to achieve 4K but then people will complain that the "graphics look booty". If they hit 4K, then they gotta worry about the performance of the game.

If the performance isn't mostly to rock solid, then those very same people gonna be bytching about how this new hardware can't hold 30fps completely disregarding that the game is also pushing 8 million pixels just to look the part.

That makes perfect sense and I get that but Sony did say that the Pro is more than capable of delivering true 4K gaming so I was wondering why that wasn't the main goal to achieve with this. It seems like the system is an in between from 1080p and 4K.

Which again is fine if you didn't already own a PS4, I just don't know if I'm sold on the idea of buying a system that is an inbetween

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That makes perfect sense and I get that but Sony did say that the Pro is more than capable of delivering true 4K gaming so I was wondering why that wasn't the main goal to achieve with this. It seems like the system is an in between from 1080p and 4K.

Which again is fine if you didn't already own a PS4, I just don't know if I'm sold on the idea of buying a system that is an inbetween
The graphics card alone would cost more than the Pro to achieve native 4K in all games.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Sony made this clear in their very first unveil. Digital Foundry made this clear. There was videos and videos posted like every day.
It was posted in the PS4 Pro Faq on the Sony Blog.

There was a thread on it. DF made videos/discussed it. The reason why it seems like shyt wasn't made clear was everybody was so quick to troll/act concerned about the shyt that they ended up derailing good intentioned threads like this one
PS4 Pro High Res Games Media(Videos/Images) Thread

People rather talk about other shyt rather than read what's posted.
Nah. It states it but Sony was going too hard wit the 4K talk. Even the reviewers and gaming sites were saying the same thing. Like the announcement for instance. The reviewers felt Sony spent too much time focusing on 4K rather than speaking on what it can do for 1080p games as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah. It states it but Sony was going too hard wit the 4K talk. Even the reviewers and gaming sites were saying the same thing. Like the announcement for instance. The reviewers felt Sony spent too much time focusing on 4K rather than speaking on what it can do for 1080p games as well.
That's the thing, when people say "Sony should've" done this think about that.
Devs since forever decide how they want to develop their games. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo don't make mandates on what resolution/fps games will be, that's up to the devs and their games. That's why Sony can't just say "Oh every game will be X" because every game is different. It's why a lot of games had blog posts/articles about their specific game's pro enhancements. It's unrealistic to expect Sony to tell you what Ubisoft will do for Watch Dogs or SE for FFXV. That's up to them.
Again, on their blog they said what it'll do for 1080P users. The only thing is they also want to highlight how you can maximize the console using a 4K TV.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's the thing, when people say "Sony should've" done this think about that.
Devs since forever decide how they want to develop their games. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo don't make mandates on what resolution/fps games will be, that's up to the devs and their games. That's why Sony can't just say "Oh every game will be X" because every game is different. It's why a lot of games had blog posts/articles about their specific game's pro enhancements. It's unrealistic to expect Sony to tell you what Ubisoft will do for Watch Dogs or SE for FFXV. That's up to them.
Again, on their blog they said what it'll do for 1080P users. The only thing is they also want to highlight how you can maximize the console using a 4K TV.
That's not what I'm saying bro. I agree with u in that aspect. I'm saying Sony shouldve pushed the other capabilities of the console more. Not just mainly the 4K shyt. It wouldve made people have a better understanding of what the system has to offer.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Look at it like this, on a 4K TV the Pro is more than capable of producing beautiful looking games on that screen. Even if a game isn't native 4K, the tech work etc will make it look very good on that screen anyway. It's been like that for every console. Xbox One/PS4 were purportedly full HD consoles yet not every single game was 1080P, more so on XB1. PS3/360 were 720P capable yet there as plenty of sub 720P content. The only reason people seem to talk this native res stuff is because the advent of tech analysis videos have given folks a false idea that a resolution is determined by the hardware.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
PS3 was $600 and it failed out the gates at that price point. Wages haven't exactly gone up for most people since 2006. I'm not sure a $600 system is a good idea even now. :francis:
I agree. But for everybody praising the Scorpio. Based on what they saying is gonna be in the console. That's the price point they looking at. I'm not delusional. As someone who games on the PC as well I know that u gotta pay for performance. Alotta people don't understand that and have false expectations.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not what I'm saying bro. I agree with u in that aspect. I'm saying Sony shouldve pushed the other capabilities of the console more. Not just mainly the 4K shyt. It wouldve made people have a better understanding of what the system has to offer.
Look at it like this, had they been pushing the 1080P more and not talkin much about 4K support, folks would've then just said "Man this shyt is a half step it's barely different I got a 4K is this shyt 4K or nah?.." but they still said that lol. some folks just already had their mind made up.

Had Sony just simply made a 2 minute video of dudes crying saying it's the most beautiful thing they ever made and it will have 4K support via native and near native using "techniques" that blur the lines between resolutions and left it at that, folks would've been "wowwowow".

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS3 was $600 and it failed out the gates at that price point. Wages haven't exactly gone up for most people since 2006. I'm not sure a $600 system is a good idea even now. :francis:
some folks are just projecting theirselves onto everyone else. They see themselves wanting something expensive=everyone else wants it.

I skipped a PS3 for years BECAUSE it was expensive. Had a 360 for like 3 years. It sounds good on paper but nobody is going to be rushing out to buy a $600 console. That $400 PS4 helped Sony sell more than double than what Xbox is selling world wide while making profit but dudes think that's not good they should've made a super powerful box and potentially fukk themselves over.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With X1 and Scorp playing the same games. Wont game performance still be Dev dependent?

like with the Pro devs will choose if they want to optimize their games to take advantage of the scorpio hardware.
you're not hearing me breh, the games for scorpio especially 1st gen will be coming from the windows platform which are already 4k,
sony had no where to draw games from, Microsoft already have 4k games available right now via pc.