End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Disney already has their own service in Europe called Disney life
And if it's an app that has all their family films and shows from their animated to all their original wonderful world of Disney and all the shows from their archive like Disney afternoon it's not a bad thing, as a father to two kids I'm interested
And it's not like Disney had a lot of content to begin with considering their deep library and the deal has no effect on their marvel shows

Disney Life....:mjlol::deadrose: shyt sounds Corny ASF...

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:pacspit:fukk Di$ney.
mickey-mouse-disney-coloring-page+pointing+his+finger+at+YOU.png

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I know this doesnt cover the Marvel shows... but I wanna say the Netflix Marvel shows are so much better than te network tv marvel shows that at this point I'm not entirely convinced its th Marvel part of the netflix-marvel shows thats making them god-tier.

If Disney forces Netflix to start developing original superhero content, they might find that they have created a monster.

They are altready importing indian movies to netflix as of 2017. If they toss one of these bollywood directors 120mil to do an original season of something like Singham (same budget they gave the Get Down for 1 season), you are gonna see it sonning american classic action shows like 24 and Daredevil.

(This is Singham, made in India with only a 8.5 million dollar budget)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:wtf: were they on a movie to movie contract? hard to believe Netflix doesnt have a contract that locked Disney in til say 2020 or whatever.. how can you just pull your movies without legal issues

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Add in a House Hunter clone, an Anthony Bourdain/Travel/Foodie type show, maybe a Deadliest Catch clone and go from there. Those types of shows don't cost that much to make at all. They got to mix it up also maybe screen some pilots before committing to an entire season.. At worst don't renew failed shows after the first season. They'll be alright though. They're gonna make some noise when that Will Smith flick drops.
Vice and Netflix need to stop fukking around and cut that deal.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not defending them.

I'm just saying other than the content they produce themselves, all that other shyt is out of their control.

it's a vicious cycle really.

They're compensating with their own content for the shrinking library because they can't stream shyt studios won't give them or are asking lots of money for, the library is shrinking because these studios want a piece of the pie and want to make their own services without having netflix as the middle man.
This is really what the issue is. These deals get worked out YEARS in advance. The Disney/Netflix deal was signed back in 2012 and didn't start until 2016.

The studios saw how big Netflix grew in the past 5-6 years and they want too much $$$$$ for their good shyt so netflix said fukk em and started making their own.