End of Netflix?—Disney pulling ALL content for own Disney and ESPN streaming platform; $NFLX tanks

WheatThins

All Star
Daps
Number 1 is that they are overspending. I think they are 20 billion dollars in debt right now.
Number 2 is that they are focusing too much on there own productions.
Number 3 is a product of number 2. They aren't adding any great non Netflix original titles. The overall library has been shrinking and the quality is diminishing greatly.

They are betting way too much on their ability to make their own content. Now this Disney Haymaker.
definitely so

and i dont blame viacom, disney, etc. basically putting these companies out of business but not wanting to face the consequences that developing a large library of content takes

You know Disney.

This is the company that had some of the shyttest websites on the internet for years as the web matured.

They're going to do it.

They're going to fukk it up

And they're going to make money doing it.

i think you're underestimating viacom

also wonder what this convo is like for nbc :ohhh:

Where they GREATLY fukked up was the movies.

Gentlemen/women...do you have ANY idea how many titles are NOT available for streaming, but fukking DVD?

Bruh, at that point I'm just pirating the shyt.

DVD? In 2017?

Netflix is STUPID for not digitizing all that content instead of giving me a goddamn DVD.
they dont wanna pay for the licensing bc it would put them even further in debt.

its only so many people willing to pay 7 bucks and not even have access to classic movies. i only got netflix out of boredom/having to move a lot. as soon as i settle down, im going back to bootleggging

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Where they GREATLY fukked up was the movies.

Gentlemen/women...do you have ANY idea how many titles are NOT available for streaming, but fukking DVD?

Bruh, at that point I'm just pirating the shyt.

DVD? In 2017?

Netflix is STUPID for not digitizing all that content instead of giving me a goddamn DVD.

are they the ones who are digitalizing it though?

you making it sound like they the ones doing it...aren't they still at the mercy of these studios?

shyt some movies aren't even available on blu-ray, let alone streaming.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
are they the ones who are digitalizing it though?

you making it sound like they the ones doing it...aren't they still at the mercy of these studios?

shyt some movies aren't even available on blu-ray, let alone streaming.
Man come on...Netflix gotta hold this L at the end of the day.

They got themselves in this mess and never fully carried a complete solution.

No need to defend them so much.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Man come on...Netflix gotta hold this L at the end of the day.

They got themselves in this mess and never fully carried a complete solution.

No need to defend them so much.

I'm not defending them.

I'm just saying other than the content they produce themselves, all that other shyt is out of their control.

it's a vicious cycle really.

They're compensating with their own content for the shrinking library because they can't stream shyt studios won't give them or are asking lots of money for, the library is shrinking because these studios want a piece of the pie and want to make their own services without having netflix as the middle man.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm sure its been said, but there's gonna be too many players in the game on the streaming side. The whole point of "cutting the cord" movement was to to save money and have content on-demand. People ain't gonna be subscribed to 8 different services.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm sure its been said, but there's gonna be too many players in the game on the streaming side. The whole point of "cutting the cord" movement was to to save money and have content on-demand. People ain't gonna be subscribed to 8 different services.
they knew this shyt was gonna happen regardless.

if the music industry could bounce back of course the TV networks would

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
The fact that Netflix and Comcast were battling for years over that net nuetrality case and now Netflix is an app on my Comcast DVR now
Of course there's gonna be an app on your DVR. Netflix is gonna be there rather it's against Net Neutrality or not. Everybody been fighting against Net Neutrality.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Disney already has their own service in Europe called Disney life
And if it's an app that has all their family films and shows from their animated to all their original wonderful world of Disney and all the shows from their archive like Disney afternoon it's not a bad thing, as a father to two kids I'm interested
And it's not like Disney had a lot of content to begin with considering their deep library and the deal has no effect on their marvel shows

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
As much as I hate reality TV I gotta agree on this. They need some balance they overpay for everything. Look at adam sandlerst deal for one. They gotta lower the budget on some of the shows and movies they bankroll
Add in a House Hunter clone, an Anthony Bourdain/Travel/Foodie type show, maybe a Deadliest Catch clone and go from there. Those types of shows don't cost that much to make at all. They got to mix it up also maybe screen some pilots before committing to an entire season.. At worst don't renew failed shows after the first season. They'll be alright though. They're gonna make some noise when that Will Smith flick drops.